PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Like Question

Disfusional
03-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I created a page on Facebook for all my fun mermaid adventures/finds/art/creations. However, I was wondering what is the key to networking your page and others 'liking' it. I am up for any suggestions. I would love to have more people follow me, or maybe my page is not that interesting... please feel free to be honest.

I am currently working on buying the supplies for a tail, hence the no videos and photos of tail production or swimming in one. But I do have my ideas and materials viewable.

Just wondering. Thanks in advance for any and all helpful tips!!

Oh, almost forgot link: http://www.facebook.com/Disfusional

that way you can see what I am talking about. ^^

Bellasea
03-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Best way is to like all the other mers on here. That's what I did, and every day or so I have a new person liking my page.

Disfusional
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
I have started liking quite a bit of other pages. I will continue doing that. Thanks!

Winged Mermaid
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Liking all the other pages is a good start for sure :) However just FYI about like numbers, if another page "likes" you back FB doesn't count other pages liking you as an actual like. They have to like you with their account for it to actually count as a like. That's just a number thing though. Activity on other pages can get you traffic as well. Not just "liking" something, cause everyone does that and no one really takes the time to look at who has liked something. Although liking is always good for support! As well as liking, I like to try and comment whenever I can think of something to say! Just from my experience it seems whenever I do people who have liked the other person's page or are seeing said content from shares or what have you, some will notice another mermaid is commenting and go over and check out my page and sometimes like it as well. Plus you get to interact and support other folks, and people always appreciate comments :)

Also, be using FB as your actual account (not your page) and navigate TO your page. At the top where all the admin stuff is, at the very top of that there are some buttons. The second says "Build Audience". Click on that and go down and click on "Invite Friends". Then you can select all the friends you want to invite to like your page. Doing so they'll get a notification that says "-Your account name- has invited you to like his/her page -page name-." When they click on it it goes to the page, where they can like it. I got over 100 likes in the first 3 days that way. That will get you kick started :)

Winged Mermaid
03-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Oh! Also if you have a top and other accessories, you can still do video or photos (in or out of the pool) from your waist up. (I do a number of those since I have to repaint my tail every single time I use it, and paint is expensive. But I want to keep the content flowing so I just go between.) Just get creative and have fun with it :)

Disfusional
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Winged mermaid, thats for the heads up on page 'liking' details. I did not know all of that and it was very interesting. I will indeed start to comment of things. I find myself wondering questions about others mermaid art and never actually ask it. Thanks soo much for the help.

Oh! Also if you have a top and other accessories, you can still do video or photos (in or out of the pool
) from your waist up. (I do a number of those since I have to repaint my tail every single time I use it, and paint is expensive. But I want to keep the content flowing so I just go between.) Just get creative and have fun with it :)

I have done this. The shame is a lot of my friends just don't understand my mermaid interest (bummer for them I think :) ) You did give me the idea for my bf to 'share' my page. Maybe that will help!?!?!

I mainly want the likes so that I can hopefully get feedback and comments on some of the stuff I am making/attempting to make. I love others opinion and everyone has fun tips that they can pass along to each other.