PDA

View Full Version : MVD Silicone tails for sale

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Aloha!

If you'd like to own a Mike Van Daal full silicone mermaid tail right now, I am selling two of mine for 1/2 of what I paid for them.

They won't be custom-made for your body, but if you have similar measurements to those listed below, you can get an MVD silicone tail without waiting and for 1/2 price.

These are extremely high quality tails and I paid a lot for them. But I have too many tails, and Mike just made another one for me. So I'm letting these two go for 1/2 of what I paid for them. Plus, I'll cover shipping costs which can run into several hundred dollars depending upon where you live.

One tail is turquoise, and is in my avatar photo here and on my profile. The other one is purple, and similar to the turquoise one but with a lot more frilly dorsal and side tail fins. I have an album on my profile called Purple MVD Tail with photos of this tail.

You can see the turquoise tail in action at my video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-NSY2fLaw

They both have Mike's custom monofins with a foot pocket that you slide both feet into together. They will fit a US women's size 8 shoe size or smaller. I wear a size US 9 shoe, and can fit into the monofins, but there is no wiggle room. A size 8 would have more wiggle room.

The tails are made for me and I'm 5'9", so if you're shorter, the tail will go up higher on the waist, or you can cut it down.

The turquoise tail is super stretchy and will accomodate a wide variety of measurements, which I'd estimate would be approximately:

Waist: 30 - 37 inches

Hips: 35 - 40 inches

There's a small slit by the left knee that Mike has repaired, and which made need further maintenance with silicone. You can't see the slit, but I wanted to let you know it's there. I bought this tail in January 2011, and have swam in it 20 times or less.

The purple tail is GORGEOUS, one of the most beautiful tails I've ever seen. It's like a masterpiece. Mike made it to look exactly like a purple Beta Fish, and it's really shimmery and the fins are like a dream. You can see it in my Profile album called "Purple MVD Tail."

It is too tight for me, and I've only swam in it one time in a pool and then rinsed it carefully afterward. So it's essentially brand-new. It is made for a woman who is very slender, and I'd approximate the measurements as:

Waist: 22 - 30

Hips: 33 - 35

The purple tail doesn't stretch much.

Both tails are heavy (25 or so pounds), but in the water, they are neutrally bouyant.

If you'd like more information or want to buy one of them, you can contact me through this site. I'm willing to ship internationally.

I paid $5000 for each tail, plus shipping. I'm selling them for $2500 each and I'll cover shipping which can run several hundred dollars depending upon where you live. I know it sounds like a lot of money, but you're getting an MVD original tail without waiting and for 1/2 price plus no shipping.

The tails will be sold on a first-come basis, and I will cover shipping costs. You can pay for the tails by sending payment and your shipping address ($2500 for each tail) to my PayPal address at forebay444@aol.com I'll ship the tail within 1 business day.

Mahalo!

MermaidAubrin
08-18-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a few questions 1. Will it fit meWaist to ankle 37in Waist 24in31in at the hips 2.how much do you want

ide
08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm 5'10" with a 26" waist and 34" hips and depending on the price would be very interested in the smaller (purple) tail, but I'm a little worried about the shoe-size since I wear a 9... I wonder if there's any way to adjust that...

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Aubrin, the purple tail will likely fit you nicely.

Both tails are approx 41 to 42 inches ankle to waist.

It's not like getting a custom MVD made to fit you exactly, but they are 1/2 price and without any wait time.

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Ide, I wear a size 9 shoe too and can fit into the monofins, but there is no wiggle room.

Your height and measurements are the perfect size for the purple tail!

MermaidAubrin
08-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Aubrin, the purple tail will likely fit you nicely. Both tails are approx 41 to 42 inches ankle to waist. It's not like getting a custom MVD made to fit you exactly, but they are 1/2 price and without any wait time. How much is half the price ? Sorry I don't know much about MVD tail so I wouldn't know

Mermaid Jewel
08-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I guess everyone's interested in the purple tail! I sent a message to you about it but either one I'd be happy with :). I'm a 26" waist and 33.5" hips, around 5'6" so guessing from up there the purple one would fit me better...would the turquiose fit as well?

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 04:15 PM
I paid $5000 plus shipping for each one, and I'm selling them for $2500 each. I know that sounds like a lot, but that's 1/2 what Mike charges for a Silicone tail with frilly fins PLUS there is no wait time.

I'd like to sell them by the end of this month, because in September, October and November, I'll be too busy with work to ship the tails.

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi Jewel,

The turquoise tail would be too big for you. The purple tail is perfect for someone slim like you.

MermaidAubrin
08-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I paid $5000 plus shipping for each one, and I'm selling them for $2500 each. I know that sounds like a lot, but that's 1/2 what Mike charges for a Silicone tail with frilly fins PLUS there is no wait time. I'd like to sell them by the end of this month, because in September, October and November, I'll be too busy with work to ship the tails. wow that's denfitley steal sadly I don't have enough money*cry*

ide
08-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Here's my big question before I commit to buying (very, very close to jumping on this, unless someone beats me to it) - can silicone be modified?/Would it be possible to add a zipper for ventilation along the back without destroying it? I think zippers add tremendously to the life-span of a monofin (and effectively, the tail) by allowing it to dry all the way, but I know nothing about whether or not it would be something I could feasibly add to a silicone tail after it's already made. Thoughts anyone?

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi Ide,

I talked with Mike about this, and he says that he can't add a zipper once the silicone tail has been made.

If he could add a zipper to this tail, I'd keep it.

It's easy to dry the inside of the tail without a zipper, though. You just rinse it thoroughly on the inside and put a hollow plastic cylinder (you can buy them at a hardware store) inside of it so that air can circulate. Or you can build a drying stand out of PVC pipe so that the tail sits unside down (fluke up) with pipes inside of it supporting it open. (Raven has the cooolest drying stands in the world!)

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Also, I want to add that MVD's monofins are custom-made and built into the tail, so they're not separate Finis fins that can be taken out like you've read about Hannah's tail. Therefore, there's no possibility of mold occuring around the blade of the fin.

ide
08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Thank you for the useful information! (Finformation?)

It's not the blade I'm concerned about; all rubber, like the kind that goes around your feet in a monofin to make it fit well, rots over time when exposed to moisture and needs to be replaced periodically, even when well cared-for. I'm thinking in terms of many years here.

I need to figure out which repairs I would inevitably need to do on the tail over time, and then whether or not they're doable. I'm excited about the prospect of this tail and think it would be a really fantastic step up for me in terms of moving forward professionally with my mermaiding. :] I just need to be sure that it will stay in good condition long enough to pay itself off, and then some.

Taylor is a Mermaid
08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Okay so maybe if I stopped eating completely I could fit into this in like...6 months? A year? So I should totally order, right? :P

Just kidding. So cool that there will soon be more mermaids with MVD tails swimming around!

ide
08-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Do you mind describing the monofin he's made/how-accessible it is? Sorry to ask so many questions! I'm really excited about maybe buying this tail from you & I want to know what I'm getting into. This is a very exciting prospect!

I'm also curious about painting a silicone tail, not because I want to change the color of the overall tail, but because I love the look of skintone paint around the waist so the fin "fades into your body" aesthetically and that's something I could do myself if the createx paint would stick & heat-set over the other colors. (example: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=196521380384660&set=a.196521103718021.37903.184952671541531&type=1&theater)

ide
08-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Okay, so I just got the go-ahead from my husband after a couple of rather practical discussions on the telephone (he's my partner in crime, so we check in with each other whenever we have big plans, this counts) and while I would still love to learn a little bit more about how the monofin is built/what the part of the tail that your feet fit into looks like & is made from, I think you can count me as a committed buyer.

My Email address is: bunnyzlotnik at gmail.com and if you contact me there I can get your address, send a check, give a shipping address, all that jazz.

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi Ide,

Congratulations, you are getting a masterpiece one-of-a-kind tail! I will send you an email!

The turquoise tail is still for sale, and that tail is very, very stretchy and will accomodate curvy mermaids of many shapes.

ide
08-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I feel the only truly appropriate words are: Thank you! *squee*

MermaidNerenia
08-18-2011, 08:25 PM
I have a 32" waist and 44" hips would the turquoise tail fit me? i know i might be to curvy...

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi Odette, I think it would fit your measurements perfectly! The turquoise tail is too big for me in the hips, so a bit more curves would help the tail to fit better.

The turquoise tail is like putting on stretchy clothing. It stretches really wide and then hugs your curves.

If you have size 9 feet or smaller, the tail would be great for you!

AlohaMermaid
08-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Congratulations, Bunny, on buying the gorgeous purple tail! I'm mailing it to you today with a matching MVD silicone purple shell top.

I can't wait to see photos of you wearing this tail!!

ide
08-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I am so very excited, and know this tail will get a lot of use!! Thanks agian, I feel very lucky, it's absolutely gorgeous. Oh, there will be pictures. *smile*

mermaidwillow
08-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm confused... when I go to the mertailor's site, his tails appear to be 1600 dollars, but you're saying you bought yours for 5000. did the cost go down since you bought them? am I doing something wrong? (knowing me, I might be looking at something wrong, but I'm just a little confused.) :)

Selene
08-21-2011, 09:11 PM
She's selling tails that were made by Mike Van Daal, not Eric Ducharme/Mertailor.

AniaR
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
people DO seem to get MVD and Mertailor confused because they think the word "mertailor" applies to anyone who makes tails. I had someone argue and argue with me about it on my youtube, lol

mermaidwillow
08-21-2011, 10:13 PM
OH! i understand! haha thanks for clarifying :) yes, I was doing something wrong. haha thanks!

ide
08-23-2011, 12:38 AM
It's here, and absolutely beautiful!! According to UPS (box weight) it's 60lbs, and I would believe it! I haven't been able to get it on yet though (it's so heavy and sticky) any advice?? I can't get my feet past the ankles-spot. Should I put it on in water? I've only worn a fabric tail before, so this is completely different.

It's so, so very beautiful. I might just spend the rest of the night staring at it. I'm eager to wear it though.

AlohaMermaid
08-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Yay, Bunny, I'm so happy that the tail arrived!

The silicone does feel sticky when it's dry, but if you sit on a step inside the shallow end of a swimming pool and have someone help you into the tail, you can get it on.

Mike made the purple tail extra thick to prevent tears, and it's not very stretchy.

I sent you an email with some other suggestions, and of course, I'm very happy to buy the tail back and pay shipping if you can't get it on (or trade it for the turquoise tail which is super-stretchy and easy to put on).

xxoo

ide
08-23-2011, 01:41 PM
You're amazing! I'll try it in water today as soon as I'm done teaching class. :]

MermaidTamara
08-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Congrats!!!
I know that happy feeling! ;)

Mermaid Saphira
08-23-2011, 04:04 PM
First off, YEA! Goodluck with you new tail! And second off, I wish I could get the turquoise tail but I'm 5'2" and I don't have that much money LOL : )

mermaid hannah
08-23-2011, 04:26 PM
aloha mer, i pmed you :)

ide
08-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Got into it! On land, and then in water. I am euphoric! Either coconut-oil or being in water does the trick (with a helper) in 6-10min of wiggling, hah!

But I'm not sure if I understand the monofin, I may need to make little booties to wear with it, because it seems like propulsion in water is done entirely with the toes, and not with the rest of the foot. That said, I absolutely love it. It's so very beautiful, I can't stop petting it. Thanks again! Not only for the tail, but for being so very responsive & supportive as I embark on something new!

ivoryleopard
08-24-2011, 01:07 PM
I think I can fit into the turquoise one. I'm currently at waist 34" hips 42" and size 8 1/2 shoes but I'm 5' 5" in height. Sadly I'm also unemployed so even at the half price mark it's too much for me. :(

NerineArcticMermaid
08-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Is the turquise one still availible? Im a 36 waist 41 hip.. and have 71/2 shoes and Im 5' 1.5" Im short but I think I like the idea of the waist being higher.. would probably be just right to cover my big booty LOL

AlohaMermaid
08-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Aloha,

Yes the turquoise tail is still for sale. It's super stretchy and can accomodate a wide variety of figures. The monofin foot pocket can fit up to size 9 US feet. I'm nearly 5'9" and the tail comes up to my navel, so for more petite mermaids, the waist would come up higher.

Mahalo!

NerineArcticMermaid
08-29-2011, 05:16 PM
sent a reply to you... Im 90% sure Im gonna get it!

Mermaid Lorelei
09-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Is your turquoise tail still up for sale? I'm considering buying that one possibly... It's a very tempting offer, I have to admit.

Spindrift
09-16-2011, 02:16 PM
On an unrelated note, I wish I was 5'9. :|

AlohaMermaid
09-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Aloha Lorelei, Yes I still have the MVD turquoise silicone tail. It's a great tail, especially if your feet are size 9 US or smaller. (size 7 or 8 would be ideal for the foot pockets). It's super stretchy, so will fit a variety of merpeople.

Is your turquoise tail still up for sale? I'm considering buying that one possibly... It's a very tempting offer, I have to admit.

Mermaid Lorelei
09-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I have pm'ed you, as you probably noticed. :3

SomethingFishy
09-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Have the two tails been sold and how much for each? I'm definitely interested!

Mermaid Lorelei
09-18-2011, 10:08 PM
The purple has, but the blue hasn't.

Lotus
09-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey Aloha, I PMed you. ;)

Black Akira
09-28-2011, 06:36 AM
The tails seem awesome I love the colors however I'm very tall, with inhumanly long legs, a size 11 womans shoe size and a very large waist.

I hope whoever gets the tails will have fun.

AlohaMermaid
09-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Aloha Deep Sea Siren, The turquoise tail is extremely stretchy, so it will accomodate a wide range of sizes. The monofin though would only be comfortable for up to a size US9 foot size.

Black Akira
09-30-2011, 04:38 AM
That seems nice but I highly doubt it will fit me, and because I have such large feet.

No money oh poo!, and it might not match my skin tone, ugh I hate being black I tell you....

AlohaMermaid
12-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Aloha and Mahalo to those who have been messaging me lately to inquire about purchasing the two MVD tails. I wanted to let everyone know that, thanks to posting on this thread on the Mernetwork, both tails have found new homes. Sending everyone Mer-ry Christmas love and light xxoo