PDA

View Full Version : Getting a tail from Merbellas....

Mermaid Dottie
03-20-2013, 04:24 PM
And I can't decide what to do......

Once I get down to my pre-pregnancy (well, pre-wedding, actually) weight, I'll need a new tail.
The problem is, I can't decide on which tail to get.
I love my neoprene-lined Fish Butt, but it takes forever to dry. Then again, full-silicone tails are heavy, and more expensive.

Do I shoot the moon and get her $3000 Performance Tail, or do I take the less expensive route and get the $1000 Basic Tail that is lined with neoprene?

I really need some advice, here, mers.

Kanti
03-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Go with the non-neoprene.
If drying out is what you don't like, the neoprene lined one is the same thing, it'll take forever to dry out.
Full silicone will be a bit heavier but all you have to do is towel dry it.

Not to mention, it won't be heavy in the water.
You'd really only need the neoprene if you were planning on doing land gigs or I guess hauling your tail around long distances?

Mermaid Dottie
03-20-2013, 05:14 PM
I am balking a little at the cost, but I think you may be right. I just thought I would post on here because the crowd is a little more knowledgeable about the product than the people who like my facebook page.

Kanti
03-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Hehe thats understandable.
I'd save up for it, though. I think it would totally be worth it in the end!

Mermaid Dottie
03-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Probably. I've decided to go with the "Raven's Choice" option. I'll send her a picture of me, my measurements, and the colors that I like. It also MUST include spots of some kind. That way when kids ask; "why is your name Dottie?" I can show them. ^_^

MerEmma
03-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Ah, I love that idea. The dots. I love the name Mermaid Dottie. :P

Mermaid Dottie
03-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Awe, thanks, Em. I like MerEmma
Sounds exotic.

MerEmma
03-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Ahaha, I'm still deciding on my own mer-name. But I've got time! xD

I am gonna add though that I love the Raven's Choice option she has going on. Her tails are gorgeous.

Winged Mermaid
03-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Also a plus for you to think about with the performance tail is that it can be taken in. I don't think that's an option at all with the neoprene lined ones since the silicone is adhered to them. Last I heard it was $150 for alterations like that on their tails, with $50-$60 shipping each way (depending on where you live). So it's not unreasonable to get it sent in if you lose extra baby weight from when you purchased it or just tone up. I know I was nervous about losing weight and having it not fit any more so it was a relief to know it can be done. Otherwise I would have waited til I dropped another 10lbs before ordering just to be on the safe side. Now I don't have to worry so much and know I can get it adjusted if need be :)

Mermaid Dottie
03-20-2013, 10:16 PM
That's great input, Winge`d!
Thank you!

Mermaid_Aurora
03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Personally I like the look of her more expensive tails. They're much nicer looking, and if I remember correctly the basic tails aren't fully customizable (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm saving for her performance tail, and with how her performance tails always end up looking... It's well worth the money. I say shoot for the moon, and if you don't make it all the way there, you can still get the cheaper one!

My opinion probably doesn't count for much since I don't have a tail yet, but that's just what I think~

Mermaid Maleficia
03-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Yeah I am going to agree with Mermaid Aurora saving up for raven's Performance one is more of a greatest buy I've heard from buyers. And you can't customize the basic as much as I wish you could but, it makes sense you know I really want a performance one to that's my goal especially from her.
And the name dottie I love it it's so unique.

Mermaid Dottie
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Thank you! I like Maleficia Jin. I'm extremely tempted to call you Jinny, though. ^_^
Aurora!!! It doesn't matter if you have a tail! Just as long as you have a mermaid's heart inside you!

Gem Stone
08-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Probably. I've decided to go with the "Raven's Choice" option. I'll send her a picture of me, my measurements, and the colors that I like. It also MUST include spots of some kind. That way when kids ask; "why is your name Dottie?" I can show them. ^_^
what is Raven's choice?

Mer-Crazy
08-28-2013, 10:05 PM
what is Raven's choice?
Raven's choice is where you send her your measurements, and possibly colours you like and Raven will design the entire thing for you. The downside is you don't know what it will look like, the upside is that anything she chooses to add such as glitter, fins etc are free of charge, rather than paying for them. If you have a set dream tail in your mind, don't go Raven's choice, if you love her work and just know you want a tail in X colour then Raven's choice is a good bet for you.

On a related note to Dottie: If you have the funds and already have a tail to tide you over then I say definitely go for a performance tail. Being a first ever time tail buyer (I didn't even have a monofin or fabric tail to tide me over) I was too hesitant to go for the big money tail, since it would have taken a significant chunk out of my savings, and I bought a basic tail. I'm already planning on saving for my performance one and I haven't even gotten the basic tail yet!

JaceAquarius
01-01-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm in the same boat so it's nice to hear these things. Originally I was going to go with another, but did some research and decided she was the #1 choice. It's nice to see the options she has thanks!