PDA

View Full Version : Favorite place to shop/browse?

MermaidFyre
03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
I have a few mer-pieces (a very simple shell top, a lovely bracelet made my Mermaid Dottie, some tiny starfish for face adornment, and some waterproof makeup sealer to jazz it up) but I would love to create more. I am having the worst time finding supplies, though! My favorite way to shop for crafties is online (traveling to stores is very time-consuming for me) but I can't find very good merchandise. Netting especially! All the nets I've been able to find are either to small, have holes that are too big, are reall ugly, or aren't strong enough to stand up to being part of a get-up.

So, what's your favorite store? I was thinking maybe some chain arts & crafts stores (like A.C.Moore), something that would be easy to find and offers relatively cheap items.

Also, a good waterproofing glue?

Please and thanks!

Have a bubbly day! :mermaidkiss:

~Mermaid Fyre

MerEmma
03-20-2013, 06:34 PM
For glue, use E-6000. I haven't used it yet but it's all anyone here uses. Supposedly stronger than Superglue/Gorilla glue, waterproof and even wildlife safe. But also beware of the fumes and you should use it outside.

I personally love Michael's. I live in Florida (never seen an A.C. Moore but I hear of them?) so there's a fairly large ocean-themed section.

MermaidFyre
03-20-2013, 06:48 PM
AhHA!!! MICHEALS! I couldn't think of that one for the LIFE of me! :D

MerEmma
03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Haha, glad I could help! xD

telzey.amberdon
03-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Amazon, for Rapid monofin, fin keepers, etc.

drucilla
04-18-2013, 02:41 AM
For online Rue la la, it has such a variety of items and all at a big discount, but they only have each item for an allotted amount of time so it is very quick pace.