PDA

View Full Version : MEEEEEEEEEEPPPP!!!

MermaidHyli
03-25-2013, 03:13 PM
sorry I had to post my excitement here!
After 6 long brutal months of attempting to make my own premium silicone tail I finally threw in the white flag...sad..BUT I just made payment on my very own Merbella's super awesome fantastic performance tail! WOOOOO!! All in time for my honeymoon to Belize, talk about quality photo shooting! The design is still the same as my original that I attempted to make
But the fluke will be her design.

Super pumped. Squeals of excitement. YES!

Mermaid Annariea
03-25-2013, 10:37 PM
i love your design! shame it didn't work out for you, but maybe next time. raven is an excellent tailmaker, i can't wait to see it finished!!

MermaidBrittany
03-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Sorry it didn't work out :( What fluke of hers are you getting? :)

Mermaid Saphira
03-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I love your design! I'm sure Raven will do an amazing job with this tails :)

MermaidHyli
03-26-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm getting the angler fluke. I don't have a fb anymore because it really just sucks up my time so I hadn't seen what it actually looks like until someone posted a picture the other day. Oh my word drop dead gorgeous. I'm way too excited, it can't come soon enough!

MerEmma
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
OMG. I can't wait to see this tail--I've been wanting to see another angler fluke SO BAD! Your design is SUPER pretty too. What monofin did you get?

MermaidHyli
04-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Emma do you have an angler??? if so I gotta see pictures. I've only been able to find a few on Merbellas FB page and I'm just dying to see more of that fluke. The monofin I got was the competitor I believe..or which ever comes with the performance tails

MerEmma
04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I think the foil is the standard for performance tails but competitor can be the next up for no extra charge. Maybe not, I can't hardly recall. And no, I don't have an angler fluke, haha! I just meant I've been dying to see another angler besides Raven's. :P

MermaidHyli
04-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Ah..shows how much I know..I own a rapid and used it for my first tail making attempt. And im super pumped I just put a rush order on it to be sure and get it before the honeymoon

MerEmma
04-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Can't wait to see it, so excited for you! :D

MermaidHyli
04-12-2013, 10:54 AM
So I ended up redesigning my fluke with Raven's angler so she can have it handy when she's ready to paint

I think it is much prettier than my initial fluke design.

MerEmma
04-12-2013, 11:07 AM
It is absolutely gorgeous, but I do love the design you made as well. <3 I can't wait to see this tail of yours! Have you considered a split dorsal?

MermaidHyli
04-12-2013, 11:35 AM
A split dorsal? Do you have a picture I'm kind of confused by what you mean

MerEmma
04-12-2013, 11:51 AM
If you look in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe2aMkUtlWQ

The Merbellas Tail has a dorsal fin that's connected all the way down. A lot of people prefer to split it at the knees so it doesn't bend all funny. Like...hm. In this Merbellas video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2XEFgleYWc The rainbow tail has two dorsals split to avoid that bending.

But of course, I think the full-length dorsal looks fantastic as well. Just something I was kinda curious if you had thought about, ahha. Your dorsal fin is very intricately designed and I love the way it is honestly.

MermaidHyli
04-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Well I did have a split dorsal on my neoprene/silicone tail before it disintegrated haha I kind of liked it (keep in my my handy work is no where near as good as raven's) but I really want to try the whole dorsal fin plus I had her make it pretty big and casted thin to be more flowy =]

MerEmma
04-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Totally fine, I just wanted to make sure that it was what you wanted<3 I love how flowy and large and intricate it is...it's rare to see such a big dorsal like that as people are often afraid of drag when it comes down to it. I'm psyched to see your design come to life!

MermaidHyli
04-14-2013, 11:50 AM
I mean I cannot wait to swim in it! But although I'm going to throughly enjoy the fun aspect of it I also wanted it for more grace and elegance in the water when it comes to modeling underwater =]

MermaidBrittany
04-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Yay! wow your new color scheme on the angler fluke looks great! Wow Im excited to see another one besides the original one as well. About when are you thinking you'll be getting it by?

MermaidHyli
04-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Hopefully before June 11th. I was getting nervous because so many people were saying they had past the 120 mark and I ordered mine so close to the day we leave I put a rush on it. Since then I havent heard anything no time estimate so I'm curious if anyone has had a rush order on a performance tail and how long it took

XMermaidMarinaX
04-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Make sure to post a bunch of pictures and such :D

Aziara
04-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Yes yes, please post the progress pictures!