PDA

View Full Version : Problems with typing using a kindle

ShyMer
03-28-2013, 05:55 PM
I use a Kindle Fire HD most of the time to browse the forum. It does this weird thing now where I'll write a word and the text disappears or it won't put spaces between words. I've noticed that it does the same thing on another forum with the same layout and occasionally on other sites. Would anyone know if is something i can correct in the forum settings or if it's my device's fault? It's getting old... takes forever to write anything.

Mermaid Stark
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
I hear ya. I have a kindle fire and it does the exact same thing. :P
I don't think it's the age of your device, I think it's the device in general! It happens with me all the time when I try to post something on youtube. I try to type something and it either doesn't type, disappears, or doesn't put spaces! It's really weird! I'll do some surfing and let you know what I find.

Mermaid Stark
03-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Just asked this question for you in yahoo answers cause I couldn't find anything. I'll let ya know the results!

ShyMer
03-28-2013, 07:13 PM
i meant getting old in that it's getting annoying, actually :) I got mine in December, and other than freezing every once in a while, it's okay. I just do a reset and that seems to help.

That's interesting that you had the same problem. One site i saw for a different forum said something about changing the rtf settings( i think) for the forum, but I'm not sure what that means, or if that's even applicable.

Winged Mermaid
03-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Honestly I have no idea. I've heard others have had success solving issues on Tablets like that by using a different browsing program. Also I do believe they have TapaTalk for tablets now. It's $3, but everyone who has bought it says it was worth the price. I have it myself for my phone and I very much enjoy the ease of use.

Mermaid Lorelei
03-28-2013, 07:54 PM
I have issues with my Kindle Fire as well. I can't even post on here with it. The most I can do is read through the forum. If I want to post or answer my inbox, I have to use my main computer.

Ashe
03-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah, same here Loreli. When I try to tap in the 'Quick Reply' box, nothing happens! I wish I would work, because I take my kindle everywhere!