PDA

View Full Version : I cant decide which monofin to buy!

MermaidIsis
03-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Alright, so I have been looking into getting a mono fin for a while now. But there are so many kinds,prices and shapes I just cant decide which one to get! Maybe you guys can help me with that ...
The first one that I saw was the Wave. A lot of people have this one and post fantastic reviews, a friend of mine also has one and loves it. It seems like it may be a really great choice.

Another i saw is the rapid, which is just a bigger version of the wave, right?

Next, there was the foil,but i don't think i like how floppy it is.But it has a great price and great reviews, which is nice.

And lastly, the hydra. I really like the shape and size. Also, we found a place that sells this one cheaper than others so it will fit our budget.

I have absolutely no idea which to pick and i could really use your opinion.
Thanks a gallon!:mermaid kiss:

Mermaid Tula
03-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Here's my 2 cents. I have both the foil and the wave. Unfortunately, I can't wear my foil, the foot pockets are too small. I can tell you, it's not very floppy. It's pretty stiff. also it's a bit heavy. It's made of thicker marine rubber, so it's pretty strong.

The wave is a lot lighter than the foil, and longer and wider too. A big plus for me is that it has adjustable straps on the foot pockets. I haven't swam in either of my monofins yet. (one obviously because it doesn't fit) But I can tell you this, the wave is a lot bigger than I expected. I was thinking about getting the rapid, because I heard it was bigger, had seen comparison pictures and stuff like that. So I figured I'd get the wave because it was cheaper than the rapid. When it came, I was surprised that it was a lot larger then I had originally estimated.

I haven't had any other experiences with other monofins yet. Mostly because I have to buy them online and have no way to try them on to see how they feel.

So I hope this helps a little bit.

MerAnthony
03-29-2013, 02:53 PM
A Rapid is basicly the same as a Wave but for larger feet.

MermaidIsis
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Thank you! Does any one happen to know any one who owns a hydra mono fin? i think Im leaning towards that one, although, the rapid sounds good too...

MerAnthony
03-29-2013, 05:19 PM
You said that you found a place that sells the Hydra Cheaper, can you post a link please?

MermaidIsis
03-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Sure! its http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/so-dive-hydra-sweet-pink/31960/p

Mermaid Fenicia
03-30-2013, 04:27 AM
I've just ordered a yellow Triton from that shop to replace my blue wave in my fabric tails so that there are no more ridges visible ^_^

MermaidIsis
03-30-2013, 04:41 PM
I've just ordered a yellow Triton from that shop to replace my blue wave in my fabric tails so that there are no more ridges visible ^_^
How much was the triton?

Mermaid Fenicia
03-30-2013, 04:56 PM
About 65 euro with post and package in.

MermaidIsis
03-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks!

Taniira
04-09-2013, 02:35 PM
I just ordered a Hydra from here. I wanted the clear but they have no estimated date as to when they're back in stock, so I got the pink. I should have it by the end of the week! ...Then I just have to find an open pool!

Mermaid Fenicia
04-09-2013, 02:48 PM
My monofin arrived last Friday ^_^

Taniira
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Well. My monofin came. Kind of.

It kept rejecting my card (I think because I moved recently and my bank hadn't updated my address yet, which I didn't know), so I had my boyfriend order it and ship it to me. However, the pink Hydra we ordered showed up as an orange Triton. So now we have to figure out the return process for the correct fin when he's the one who paid for it but is in the UK and I'm the one who'll be sending it back from the US. And I wanted to make a fabric tail for an event in a month.

Argh complications! Does anyone have experience with returns to this company?