PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys look at this cool mermaid one piece I got. (:

Patches
04-01-2013, 08:43 PM
I got it from BlackMilk.
http://blackmilkclothing.com/collections/bodysuits/products/mermaid-cap-sleeve-bodysuit
It's fintastic, just had to share it.(:
It's so comfortable and shiny ahh I love it!!

MerEmma
04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Ah, it's very nice! It looks comfy and the fabric pattern is so pretty. I've seen the fabric for sale before too.
It's so expensive, too. O_o

Patches
04-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah but I got a good deal. It was something I really wanted so once I saw the deal I was like okay this is a sign ahah I have to buy it. Someone bought the wrong size so I got it off ebay from another sharkie for 55 bucks. :P

MerEmma
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Ohh, okay. That's a lot more reasonable. :b

Kanti
04-01-2013, 09:24 PM
O: wow that sure is shiney
What is it made out of? Spandex??

Patches
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Hmm Im not sure actually but it feels like some sort of spandex

MerEmma
04-01-2013, 10:02 PM
It's definitely spandex. I can't find it now but I know I saw it somewhere. I'll look again tomorrow.

MerEmma
04-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Actually on the page it says "Composition: 80% Nylon 20% Elastane". So, close, lol.

MerAnthony
04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Looks more like a leotard than a swimsuit but I love the color. But I have noticed that stuff from blackmilk are a major ouch to the pocket. I can't figure out why there stuff is so expensive. Looks great but expensive as hell.

Patches
04-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah its retarded how expensive their stuff is. The ONLY reason people buy it is because they have prints no on else has. I refuse to buy anything new because I'd rather get it used for cheaper. The girls who buy it seem to be a special breed of their own haha I feel like I'm part of a cult really. It's quite odd. Most of the girls who buy it ALWAYS wear the pieces almost every day and it seems that some of them wear exclusively BM and not much else.

Ariel Starfish
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I love Black Milk clothing! (even i don't own any) i ould love to have he mer-leggings but to expensive :(

Ariel Starfish
04-02-2013, 12:30 PM
The alterntive, and looks like they sell body soots to!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/122321514/mermaid-fish-scale-womens-spandex?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=sr_78ad33b8a18180ad63f6f5c02e49106d20f8f6f585 529629e94f86c637c62e10_1364920174_14577499_mermaid&ga_search_query=mermaid+legging&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_search_type=all

MerEmma
04-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Here's the scale similar fabric:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-Beautiful-Golden-Mermaid-Tail-by-Fin-Fun-Mermaid-/271172596687?pt=US_CSA_WC_Swimwear&var=&hash=item3f232573cf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Silver-Mermaid-Tail-with-Scales-by-Fin-Fun-Mermaid-Great-Buy-/271171867042?pt=US_CSA_WC_Swimwear&var=&hash=item3f231a51a2

Ugh though I've found the blue-green before just I can't now :c

telzey.amberdon
04-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Do you have a tail in mind to go with that? And it is awesome!

Patches
04-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Yep there are some people on etsy I have seen make things with the same fabric. (: Some girls have made some DIY rave outfits with it too. I've seen those cute cheap fabric tails before, too. BlackMilk doesn't usually use a fabric they don't print themselves I don't think. I was so excited I got the suit at such a good deal. :D

I probably wouldn't wear it with my tail hahah I'd be too covered up. :P

MermaidFyre
04-03-2013, 05:26 PM
So cute!(:

AptaMer
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Actually on the page it says "Composition: 80% Nylon 20% Elastane". So, close, lol.

Hey MerEmma, Spandex and Elastane are the same stretch fibre ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandex ) North American manufacturers tend to use Spandex on their labels and European ones tend to use Elastane, but they're identical. Has to do with trademarks back in the day when Dupont Corporation owned the patents and other intellectual property. I think that's why Lycra, which is the fabric made from Spandex/Elastane fibres, tends to only get used in certain countries. In Europe I know they refer to "elastane fabric" and in Canada "spandex fabric"

BTW- I think those Black Milk clothes are sooo cool!

MerEmma
04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Oh, haha. You learn something new every day! :P

Winged Mermaid
04-03-2013, 10:50 PM
So pretty!
Black Milk makes some beautiful stuff, but it's SO expensive! Plus shipping from AU on top of the price of the item O_O Black Milk lovers (Sharkies) can be hard core about collecting this stuff though. Thousands and thousands of dollars in BM clothing. They even have meet ups! I actually met my first Sharkey on a ferry ride back from Seattle. They had had a meet up that day, and my Pod had a meet up that day as well. Go figure :)

Mermaid Kelda
04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I suppose we spend thousands on tails though, and clothes are something you can wear every day, not just in the water. So maybe they're more sane than we are xD

Patches
04-04-2013, 12:18 AM
So pretty!
Black Milk makes some beautiful stuff, but it's SO expensive! Plus shipping from AU on top of the price of the item O_O Black Milk lovers (Sharkies) can be hard core about collecting this stuff though. Thousands and thousands of dollars in BM clothing. They even have meet ups! I actually met my first Sharkey on a ferry ride back from Seattle. They had had a meet up that day, and my Pod had a meet up that day as well. Go figure :)
Yep! I almost went back home to Vegas for a sharkie con last year.
They are very avid collectors. One of my good friends has like 12 ish pieces I mean think about it.
That's almost 1,200 bucks. I'd much rather have a tail I think haha

Patches
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
I suppose we spend thousands on tails though, and clothes are something you can wear every day, not just in the water. So maybe they're more sane than we are xD
This is true. (: But I swim in my tail almost every single day so if I divided the price by how often I wear it as opposed to over half of my closet, it ends up paying for itself eventually.

Ashe
04-04-2013, 12:22 AM
That is really neat! I've seen tails made out of similar fabric and they look awesome :D The form/shape of the swimsuit is pretty cool too, not like the regular one-piece styles you usually see, but out of the ordinary- in a good way! :)

Patches
04-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Yeah I love how the suit has a U shape down the back. And it's one of the only one pieces that's come close to a perfect fit. I have a really long torso and it's a pain in the ass.

AptaMer
04-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Black Milk lovers (Sharkies) can be hard core about collecting this stuff though. Thousands and thousands of dollars in BM clothing. They even have meet ups! I actually met my first Sharkey on a ferry ride back from Seattle. They had had a meet up that day, and my Pod had a meet up that day as well. Go figure :)

Do they call themselve Sharkies because of the infamous Black Milk "Shark vs. Mermaid" swimsuit?

http://blackmilkclothing.com/products/shark-v-s-mermaids-swimsuit

Maethor
04-05-2013, 09:35 PM
That is absolutely adorable!! :D

MermaidBrittany
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Wow thats cool :P Sooo is it supposes to be a swim suit orr just everyday wear or cosplay? Aha looks cool and im not dissing!! Just wondering it intent! :P

Mermaid Lilium
04-07-2013, 11:36 PM
arghghghghghghhh I love blackmilk way too much and none of it fits me yet *cries* I have a pair of their mafia leggings which is how I know :') I've been really tempted to post something on here about the mermaid stuff at BM and then I see this haha.

also as the motto for bm is 'give me nylon or give me death' should be a clue as to the material ;D

and yeah... ebay is a much better option unless you want something specific. customs fees are a biatch =(

Mermaid Lilium
04-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Wow thats cool :P Sooo is it supposes to be a swim suit orr just everyday wear or cosplay? Aha looks cool and im not dissing!! Just wondering it intent! :P

Have a look on tumblr/instagram etc for the blackmilk tags.... they're worn as everyday wear, going out clothes... and the swims can be used for swimming or as normal clothes =)

Taniira
04-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I have a couple of BlackMilk pieces, though most of them were gifts. I do have the infamous Shark v. Mermaid swimsuit, and people always ask me about it when I wear it. I adored it :) I also have the Tardis dress, one of the Star Wars dresses, and the white unicorn leggings. I bought the reverse suspenders used -- they're on the way! Even used it was still like US$75 for them, but they're definitely needed with how short the dresses are and how much they ride up on me.

They're releasing another version of the mermaid print. According to their Facebook, people didn't want to swim in the shiny one because of the fabric so they're releasing this one (photo directly from BM FB):

Mermaid Lilium
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
oh that new version looks so cute! I hadn't seen it yet!