04-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Holy carp, yes! Those are awesome!!!

Kanti
04-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Badass!
Did you do that art yourself? O:

Firemaid
04-04-2013, 05:24 PM
No. I drew it and a friend who is a 3d designer made it for me.

So we like the design?

Is it a little intense? I would like it to appeal little girls.

MerEmma
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
What would it be made of? The shape isn't really my favorite but I really like the "scale" effect at the top. Looks like a Mertailor fluke, too. It looks super neat.

sydthefairebrat
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I think it looks more realistic than the oceanika and finis. And looks floppier (: what would it be made out of?

spottedcatfish
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
No. I drew it and a friend who is a 3d designer made it for me.

So we like the design?

Is it a little intense? I would like it to appeal little girls.

It's fine. Personally they kind of look similar to Merfins from Oceanika, But with the full foot design. Why appeal just for children, I love the design, and I'm sure other mers on here do too!

sydthefairebrat
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
At first I thought the one in the righthand corner looked like a weird octopus...then a weird ray...now I've decided on moustache monster.

Moongazer
04-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I would buy some! But I think the bubble like texture might be a bit too much if your trying to appeal to children.

Firemaid
04-04-2013, 05:35 PM
It would be rubber.
What shape would you prefer to see?

MerEmma
04-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Me? Personally, I like wider flukes rather than longer (such as say, a competitor because it's wide versus a rapid which is long). But like I said, the shape you have so far looks great too, even if not my own personal taste.

Patches
04-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Omfg that's so sick do WANT. This would be perfect to go in my silicone tail probably.

MerEmma
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Hmm, something else--if you want it to appeal to young girls, I'd recommend brighter colors. Oceanika has been successful I think from the unique shape and the bright colors, as well as they're recycled (although the recycled materials are much more irritating to the skin instead of regular rubber).

Mermaid Tula
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Looove this! I'd love a green one ^_^

MerAnthony
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Hell YES I would. But like Moongazer said I think the bubble is a bit much

MerEmma
04-04-2013, 08:17 PM
The bubbles remind me of dino skin. <3

Blondie
04-04-2013, 08:31 PM
UMM YES YES YES

Mermaid Tula
04-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I love this seriously, it would be awesome for a river style mermaid in my eyes. The pebblyness is fantastic

telzey.amberdon
04-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Sizes? Price? When would you be making them?

Firemaid
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm going to start with a small and a large size.

Hopefully they will be ready for production inby late june.

I'm looking into pricing on silicon and rubber versions.

Please let me know what you would like to see in a mermaid monofin!!!

Mermaid Annariea
04-04-2013, 10:16 PM
i think this design is INCREDIBLE. i'm not sure how i feel about the bubbles, but they're sort of cool. how floppy would it be? would it be able to be put into a tail if someone wanted to? or maybe even just used as a fluke, and the body of the tail could be sealed around it (although if it was neoprene or fabric, i'm not sure how it'd be done...).

really, though, the shape and texturing is awesome.

another thing to think about, like others said, is coloring. also, i like shapes sort of like this: 10525 (sorry for the sketchy quality, it was done pretty quickly). sort of like a dolphin/whale+parrotfish. it's a little similar to raven's flukes too. it is seriously my absolute favorite fluke shape. a lot of people like really flowy ones though, too, so maybe you should get a bunch of sketches and then have a poll.

meremily
04-04-2013, 10:47 PM
i would be interested, i was looking for a competitor since im in the sculpting process of a dragon skin tail but i cant afford the price of the monofin. so i like yours and if they are affordable im interested but it would be cool that you can do a wider version like the competitor. i personally dont mind colors since it will be in the tail but i would suggest two toned colors if youre able!

Mermaid Pickles
04-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Those would be way coolio! (pardon me, many of my expressions are learned from my mother. We're all dorks in my family. Though I'm the only mermaid.)
I'd totally buy one!

halesloveswhales
04-04-2013, 11:08 PM
That looks wonderful!
What I'd like to see in a monofin is one shaped like an Oceanika but with the durability and speed of a Competitor or Waterway. I like the look of my Oceanika, but I would love if it had better propulsion.

MermaidBrittany
04-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Wow these look great! I know a lot of people are saying its like an oceanika, but the shape looks much different.
That design looks great! But since you asked, the really wide type fluke like mermaid melissas and such would be cool to see :)

halesloveswhales
04-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Oh! I also think it would be really cool to see a narwhal-inspired fluke shape. They're a little rounder than most whale tails, and I just think they're quirky and cute! 10527

Elle
04-05-2013, 12:27 AM
I really like it, but the texture on it kinda puts me off just a little bit.

Mermaid Kelda
04-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Honestly I love the shape. But I'm a sucker for long fins, so that might just be me xD
I LOVE that they're pastel! The pearlescent colours are just beautiful. A pearl green and blue would be nice too.
The bubble things do look a bit too busy, but I like them - maybe tone them down just a little?

They're gorgeous though! I've always liked the idea of a "mermaid" monofin, but I don't like the colour or shape of the Oceanika. But THESE I would totally buy!

Kanti
04-05-2013, 01:03 AM
I agree with the people who say the bubbles are a bit too much.
The sort of make me feel like the fin belongs to a lake monster or something of that nature. I also think its a bit strange to have them on the actual fluke area, most fish don't exactly have scales or texture on the FIN part so it might be a bit off.
I mean, that's just my opinion.

Ashe
04-05-2013, 01:28 AM
I. LOVE. THEM. If the price is ok, I would snatch one up in a second! That is one of my favorite fluke shapes ever! :D But I agree that the bubbles are a bit much, escpecially if placed in a fabric tail. Other than that, it is awesome!!! Maybe once you get a couple fins sold, you could start working on creating fluke variations? Maybe one with a ling fluke, one with a wide fluke, ones that are short and round? I dunno, just tossing ideas for you, but it would totally set you apart from Oceanika, who seems to be the top competitor here. Whatever happens, good luck!! :D

Aquatarian
04-05-2013, 01:58 AM
I completely love this design! Bubbles and all! Depending on price and materials and sizing I would totally make a purchase!

If you wanted to gear them to a certain demographic like guys or young girls you can always design a couple others that are a bit different shape. The one you've shown here is gender nuetral to me, you could always make a more angular are "sharp" looking tail for guys or a more fluid flowy one for girls/ But I like these just the way they are!

Very nice job! ;)

MermaidIsis
04-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Those are beautiful!!!!!!!! Private message me when you start selling them! Id live to buy one!

Firemaid
04-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Ok So far I widened the fin in the middle, softened the bumps out and made them more scale like, and opened the heels.
I'll post new pictures tonight.

while we wait....

What would your dream monofin be like?

What is important to you in a monofin?

What would it be made of?

What colors would you want?

What do you like and dislike about the mermaid monofins that are out there already?

Ashe
04-05-2013, 01:26 PM
I don't like how monfins like the Rapid and Wave have those little ridges. I know that they are for propulsion and all, but I'd like to see a monofin that can retain it's propulsion without them.
Colors wouldn't matter to me because I would only use them in a tail.
I like the monofins to be fast, but a bit floppy. Not too floppy though, maybe a bit less floppy than the Oceanikas.
I think that rubber would be a good material.
As always, good luck and I can't wait to see new pics! <3

MerEmma
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I agree with Annariea; that's a fan favorite shape. Raven uses it and I love the shape, I don't know if it would be too...similar to hers though or frowned down on if you used it. If that was a shape that was manufactured with rubber, I can guarantee you I would buy it because I love the shape the competitor can make like that but I don't favor overly how extremely stiff it is.

Elle
04-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Ok So far I widened the fin in the middle, softened the bumps out and made them more scale like, and opened the heels.

while we wait....

What do you like and dislike about the mermaid monofins that are out there already?

It would be big....HUGE!!! and having ridges (as in a fin texture)
It would fit my big feet. There are many a large footed mer out there
Rubber is good, so you get some flow in it. rather than the stiffness of the Competitor (not exactly realistic when you're just sitting around)
Solid colours. Marine shades are usually popular (Green, Aqua, Blue). I favour purple
Not enough ready to swim shapes out there. Too tight foot pockets and too small foot pockets.

Aino Revontuletar
04-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I love the design and shape, they look awesome! The thing that really makes a monofin for me though is how fast you can swim in it and how powerful it is, so it really would depend on that as to whether I would want one of these versus another brand. I currently have a competitor and am absolutely in love with it

MermaidBrittany
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM

while we wait....

Same as Elle, a really big fluke with plenty of propulsion and a stylish design.
Solid color. Blue
(no bubbles) :P
The heel are is very important to me, like many others. Some monofins have much more prominent heels that are rather square. I really like the soft rubber pockets of the competitor, however many don't like that it forces your toes down.
I think that its really important (not that it wouldn't be covered or looked at or that yours would be like that :P) but some prototype monofins fold back on each other when
swimming with them (much like some fabric tails) Which is my biggest issue with monofins :P
Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

Mermaid Allie
04-07-2013, 11:03 PM
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES ABSOLUTELY IMMEDIATELY IF THEY COST 150 OR UNDER

Mermaid Lilium
04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Oh! I also think it would be really cool to see a narwhal-inspired fluke shape. They're a little rounder than most whale tails, and I just think they're quirky and cute! 10527

That is seriously cute.. 0.0

Firemaid
04-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Another style. What do you think?

Kanti
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Very cool, Firemaid!
I think this design appeals to everyone a bit more generally. The other one seemed more boy oriented.

MerEmma
04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I really like this one a lot. It looks flowy and all around really pretty.

Mermaid Momo
04-08-2013, 07:06 PM

while we wait....

That is amazing!
I think I tend to like rounder flukes/ monofins a lot, ones that sort of look like goldfish tails. And I love bright colors! I don't really know why but oranges,yellows,blues, and greens, or pastel colors. Also are you going to be making 2 versions/ different designs?( say like the first design you posted and this one you just posted) because then men and boys would have a fin to buy if they think the other one is too feminine for their tastes, and even Tom boys and girls who like a darker mer look

Mermaid Tula
04-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I like them both personally!

Mermaid Caspiana
04-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Pft! I would live one! Oooo a deep purple would be pretty and a neon aqua and a lime green and maybe like an olive green and dark teal. ;) those are great love everything. Even if u has somewhat were longer and some that were wider. I love both styles. :) greatness!

Mermaid Kelda
04-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Looks nice! The wavy shape is something I don't think anyone has done before :)
This one looks much more like the "typical" mermaid fluke, so you'll definitely have customers. I prefer the first style myself, so it'd be cool if you offered both :)

MermaidBrittany
04-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Hmm, I dont really like the second but thats just me. Much to similar the the kids mer fluke monofin for my taste. :P

Mermaid Gosalyn
04-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I really love the first style! I'm looking for a fluke that would be big, but longer than it is wide. The first design there is pretty much the exact shape I've been thinking!

Mermaid Dottie
04-09-2013, 07:57 PM
I like the long shape! I would use a bright gold one to make a neoprene tail. I would combination aquaseal/e6000 the neoprene onto it over the foot part, and do a gold sequin "on stranger tides" tail.
<3

Aziara
05-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Personally? I absolutely love the first design posted, bubbles and all. PM me when you start selling these!

Aziara
05-01-2013, 10:56 PM
And dark green would be awesome

Mermaid Allie
05-01-2013, 10:57 PM
I LOVE both of them!!

Mermaid Allie
05-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Can you give us a general price estimate maybe? I might want to wait on my tail for one of your fins!

Taniira
05-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Personally I think I like the first one's shape better, but I'm not so sure about the bubbles. I'd like to see a more neutral/less showing color, like white or beige, so I'd have a wider selection of spandex color options without worrying about it showing through.

Mermaid Dottie
05-02-2013, 04:31 PM
If I were to buy one of these, I wouldn't cover the fluke, but paint it instead. Then I would just make a sheath for my legs and glue it on top.

Gem Stone
05-09-2013, 05:34 PM
I prefer the second one myself although I love both designs