PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new to Mernetwork! Does anyone have have suggestions for starting out?

Maethor
04-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone! I'm only 16 so I obviously don't have enough money to pay for an expensive tail like the Merbellas (even though they are gorgeous). Some of my friends and I had recently been looking into buying mermaid tails. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on beginner tails and the quality of different websites. Thanks!! :)

Mermaid Octavia
04-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Mermaid Morticia makes spandex and neoprene tails! I'm getting one myself and I think they're probably one of the best options for starting out - they're not too expensive, lighter in weight on land and would help get you started without a huge investment. Morticia runs Shadow Fancy: http://www.shadowfancytails.com/

I hope that helps! :D

Mermaid Avalon
04-07-2013, 07:57 AM
I think germany's Magic Tails are a great start option!

Ashe
04-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I would totally go with Morticia at Shadow Fancy. She is one of our most active members here so you can talk personally, too!

If those tails aren't for you, the next best option would be Magictails. They are super realistic for spandex and I have one. The downside is that the monofins are made of very this plastic and they break easily after about 6 months of frequent swimming. Also the replacements are 80 dollars each >.< I have two monofins and they both broke!

Then there are a couple more common ones like Aquatiails and Mermagica and The2Tails. I wouldn't say that any of them are great quality (from what I heard) or very realistic for that matter so honestly, I think those would be a last resort.

I hope I was able to help! We have a huge section about reviews and a list of different tailmakers that you might be wanting to look at if you haven't already. Good luck!! http://mernetwork.com/index/content.php?133-mermaid-tailmaker

MerEmma
04-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I think AquaTails' tails are really pretty and fairly well priced. They only have one review though. I'd definitely take your time choosing a good tailmaker, or you can always make one yourself! <3

Kanti
04-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd have to agree with Kalani.
ShadowFancy tails are nice, they're fairly priced and Morti and Melu are often on here so you could definitely get ahold of them whenever you needed to.