PDA

View Full Version : The little orange tabby.

Claudefish
08-21-2011, 03:48 AM
So this evening, after a wonderful wonderful day at knotts berry farm with Freckledkisses and malinghi (and malinghi's bro), I went home to relax. My bf and I had a friend coming over to drop off our van, and I went outside to help unload some equipment from it. As we were getting ready to move the van into the garage, the coolest thing happened!! Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something orange and fuzzy shoot out from under our truck (parked in the driveway while we unloaded the van) and then scamper back under it just as quickly as it came. I crouched down and the most precious sight met my eyes. Sitting in a pose, ready to strike, was a beautiful orange Tabby kitten with big, bright golden eyes. It moved back a bit when I crouched, so I tut tutted with my tongue to try to coax it out. He must have been about three months old!! He came out from under the truck with a wild look in his eyes, and as I reached my hand out he batted at it and then frolicked around in a circle with a very spunky nature. I should have asked someone to mop me up off the ground, as I was just melted and all fuzzy like!! He was so sweet, (I did investigate the gender of mr kitty cuz I didnt want to confuzzle him haha) and I got to spend a good thirty minutes just keeping him entertained. No collar, and a little thin but not unhealthily so, but unfortunately because I have two pitbulls in the house, I have no way to take him in safely =(. After having so much fun with thiss little kitten, I set him down in our neighbors yard as I wanted to encourage him to find refuge there. He seemed to understand that I couldn't take him in, for as soon as I set him down and scratched behind his little ears, he gave my ankles one final rub around and trotted off into the bushes. I am telling you, he was the sweetest and friendliest stray kitty I have ever come across, and with such an awesome personality!!! I do hope that he sticks around our neighborhood, and I will keep him in my prayers that he finds a really good home!!!

Mermaid Kalliope
08-21-2011, 05:49 AM
D: I work at knott's Scary farm!!!

And d'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww www

Mermaid Saphira
08-21-2011, 01:01 PM
What a sweet story! My two orange tabby's (now 4 years old) were born on my uncle's boat to a wild mother cat.

Claudefish
08-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Kailani: That is awesome! I want to take my bf to Knotts Scary Farm this year!!

Aqua: That is so cool! did you get to see the mother?

Winged Mermaid
08-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Nawws de meow meow! I've met some pretty awesome stray kitties in my time. I've also met som horrors. There's also this bipolar cat that lives near here. He'll be all loving and rubbing on you and, "Pet me! Pet me! Pet me!" then he'll randomly turn around and attack you, then go lovey, then attack you, with no certian triggers. O_o