PDA

View Full Version : That doesnt make you a model.

Odette
04-11-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm sure this will make a fun discussion.are they models?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yL_FMpE4zeU

SeaGlass Siren
04-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Bad amateurish models yes. If its not a career, then no.

Tasha Mermaid
04-11-2013, 12:33 AM
hahahaha thankyou for the laugh, there are so many on Facebook/myspace like that xD

and its not just the girls either.......i know two of my friends have a bad case of this xD........my photos go with the cute and REAL smile, being a model has not been my ambition :P ...i would much rather be a faerie and a mermaid ;)

Kanti
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Haha! xD
I'd love to see the look on the people's faces when they see their picture on there lol

Azurin Luna
04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't know what is worse... the guy dancing like that or some of the girl photo's. I didn't think all were bad though

Odette
04-11-2013, 01:23 PM
same here. maybe some of them are trying to get into that world but aren't there yet but possibly brag about it? Ive met a few girls like that and worse.I never tell them unless they ask for my advice, but its just one of those moments where all you can do is shake your head. lol

i had a friend who this sorta thing happened to her.
She created a cosplay totally by scratch and very elaborate for the first time. then someone took her photo and called her work the worst cosplay ever on their website.because she wasn't skinny(but she is the nice chunky where everything is even and smooth so i thought it was just as sexy and she has such a good face) it scared her for about a year.She's recovering, but that stuff can really mess a person up.I just hope the girls in this video rather take it as a stepping stone or realize that the way they are going about their "modeling career" is not working, new strategy.or they are just having fun. who knows:confused:

Kanti
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Aww that sucks. Sometimes people are jerks.
This video doesn't seem TOO bad just seems to be poking harmless fun, for someone to have said it's the WORST cosplay ever is mean. I'm sure it was far from the worst. Plus a lot of people BUY their costumes, that's cheating, at least she had the balls to try and make one herself! It's not worth listening to someone at that point how rude. There's criticism and then there's just being mean.

mermaidwhisperer
08-17-2013, 07:12 AM
ohmigod. I feel awful for them. But I pity them more when they don't get it

Ariadne
08-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I love the guy dancing! Hahahaha

Anahita
08-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Ok, this cracked me up. I feel like every time I go to a party I run into someone like this... "Oh, I'm a model."

Uh.... Ok then... I haven't seen you anywhere, and I know you're only here because the guy who is catering is your boyfriend, but sure sweetie, you're a model.... In this room full of gorgeous Persian women who make me feel like I look plain (and I know I'm not gorgeous, but I'm definitely not plain either) and really ARE models, sure.... **shakes head**

Mermaid Varshana
08-19-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm a model. But I'm an ART model, not an AGENCY FASHION model.

AniaR
08-19-2013, 09:17 PM
he looks like Jason stackhouse. and yeah I agree with this. it looks a lot like what I see in the photo community. Not saying I am any better... lol

PearlieMae
08-20-2013, 10:50 AM
I can't listen at work, so I don't know the running editorial of the dancing guy.

The images, however, - with the exception of the MySpace Duck Face - speak more of bad styling and photography. I'm sure more than Raina and I (pro photographers) know that not even models look like models! (Thank you Photoshop!)

Here are some "ugly" models who are making quite the careers for themselves: http://www.ugly.org/UGLY-MODELS/index.php/girls.html

Mermaid Varshana
08-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Most of those girls look great to me...*scratches head*

not to brag, but I rarely need a lot of retouching ;) then again I'm not a high fashion model.

Mermaid Oshun
08-20-2013, 12:58 PM
just bc he posts a geeky video on youtube grunting, groaning and squirming in agony doesn't make him a singer either.
:neener:
PS To me he looks far more scrawny and revolting than any of the girls he's mocking

Kumori Kitsune
08-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Haters gonna hate

Mermaid Citrine
08-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I must agree with Kumori and Golden Pearl.....this guy is being a hypocrite and a 'hater'. Hasn't anyone heard the expression "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ?
I think its mean to analyze people based on their looks and then categorize them as to whether or not they are good enough to be models.
With that said, I know my limits, personally I have never aspired to be a stereotypical model/runway model/high fashion, etc. but I have enjoyed having a profile on model mayhem because through it I have gotten several very nice professional photoshoots done and all of them were free except one, I did get paid for.

Also I do use the term 'mermaid model' in my job description on facebook in addition to the descriptions of costume shop and artist because that is one service I provide....if someone wants/needs a mermaid model for any reason. I have also done a lot of what's called 'promotional modeling' over the years which are also frequently referred to as "promo/marketing jobs" Most of them require a lot more than modeling--they are mostly geared towards marketing something during special events but they always refer to you as a promo model when you do the jobs....so there are actually all types of 'models' and again I find this video very mean. I'm sure this guy did not ask permission to use these peoples' photos in his video either...imagine if you found your photo in a video like this ? Pretty mean right ?

I truly think everyone is beautiful in their own way. I care mostly about inner beauty though like being kind and compassionate but I also do love looking at all the unique looks that people around the world have and can find physical beauty in anyone. I also think any type of modeling is a lot of knowing your strengths and weaknesses. Most high fasion super models do this too. Some tend to always do swimsuit shoots while others are known for having an androgynous look or a curvy figure, etc, etc. I think this is a good thing to have different types because it would be boring if we all looked alike.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents ! You are all beautiful, stop judging yourselves and in turn you will stop judging others :)