PDA

View Full Version : Mahina/Oceanika merfins in the US?

Aziara
04-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Are there any shops in the US that carry the merfin? Every time I see one I start to drool, lol. But I don't want to pay 3/4 of the price in shipping to have it sent to me from Australia.
I keep hoping eBay or amazon will have a used one for cheap, but I haven't seen one so far.

MerEmma
04-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Unfortunately nobody here in the US sells them quite yet. ): If you're sure about the Oceanika, you can go ahead and get the booties now if you'd like so your first swim will be much more enjoyable. I got mine used off eBay--hopefully another one will pop up for you!

Aziara
04-13-2013, 10:07 AM
That is most unfortunate :'(
I guess I'll keep stalking ebay for them. Hopefully someone with a large size one gets tired of it. *fingers crossed*
Where do I get ahold of those booties you're talking about? That does sound more comfortable than skin against bare rubber. I have used normal fins before, and that does tend to rub after a while.

MerEmma
04-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I thought the Oceanika would be fine without the socks but i was so wrong--it hurts like HELL and I'm used to pretty bad blisters.
Personally I got this pair: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/3969.htm But you may want to get neoprene socks instead of spandex.

Aziara
04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Well, I've given up on finding a merfin, but Ive found a very nice other kind on eBay. I just put a bid on it, I hope the price doesn't go up too high. Keep your fingers/fins crossed for me!