PDA

View Full Version : Wardrobe Malfunctions! :D

Ayla of Duluth
04-13-2013, 09:02 PM
So I thought I'd share my story with you guys and make a fun little thread about this.

Today I was entertaining for around 15 young girls and probably....mmm, 8 or so parents. Now as many of you know, I wear a black bikini top with studs on the neck part. I don't know if it was something in the water, or if my top is just old, but while I was swimming, the outer layer of fabric on my top kept getting saggier and saggier. Eventually this caused a lot of drag. The parents called me over for a picture. Now the way the pool is built, it has a kind of beach area. The pool just gets shallower and shallower. I was swimming along the bottom, and when I came up to pose next to the little girls, lo and behold, one side of my top had wiggled its way over and I ended up flashing all the parents. Some of them even hit the shutter button on their cameras before they noticed or could react. Luckily I flashed the parents and not the innocent kids. Anyways, that top promptly went in the trash after the gig was over as I kept having to adjust it from that point on to make sure my girls weren't trying to make a surprise appearance. So now I'm in the market for a new top. Until I find one, I'm stuck.

So do any of you guys have funny wardrobe malfunction stories? maybe things like tails slipping down, tops riding up, scales falling off, etc. I'd love a good laugh :)

MerEmma
04-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Oh goodness I've worn through so many bathing suits in my life like that...sooooo many. I don't have any malfunctions but I do sympathize with you about it, ahaha.

MerAnthony
04-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry but that is kinda funny. LOL I guess I'm glad I don't have to worry about that problem. LOL

New York Mermaid
04-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Coney island is cool with the toplessness however i unintentionally flashed a few merfriends at the first meetup. And some of the beach too So glad i have many honest merfriends who quickly caught it. XD and then having a big hips and a small waist, not the easiest feat pulling on with a tail- fabric or otherwise darn these spanish hips :)

Mizuko
04-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Thankfully I haven't had any wardrobe malfunctions while performing, but probably the worst thing to happen to me was while surfing: got thrown off the board and tumbled beneath the wave, discovered I could touch the bottom, stood up triumphantly... and my top was gone. LOL! XD

Ayla of Duluth
04-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Thankfully I haven't had any wardrobe malfunctions while performing, but probably the worst thing to happen to me was while surfing: got thrown off the board and tumbled beneath the wave, discovered I could touch the bottom, stood up triumphantly... and my top was gone. LOL! XD

that's amazing. xD

Blondie
04-13-2013, 11:14 PM
God. I was at the beach with a group of my guy friends. I was the only chick and so we're playing in the waves like real goofs. I dive under a wave and come up.
Friend: Do you like chicken breasts
Me: Uh what?
Friend: You want to get some?
Me: ... Eh?
Friend: At the corner of nip and slip?

And there I died.

MerEmma
04-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Oh golly, Blondie, you poor thing! That'd be so...unexpected. :s

spottedcatfish
04-13-2013, 11:47 PM
This is why I stick with a one piece. Sure they are less sexy, but I've never had a swimming malfunction...

Ayla of Duluth
04-14-2013, 12:38 AM
This is why I stick with a one piece. Sure they are less sexy, but I've never had a swimming malfunction...

I was thinking about that, but I'm a professional mermaid and kids hardly believe I'm real as it is. A one piece would completely shatter what shred of an illusion I pull off at this point.

spottedcatfish
04-14-2013, 01:56 AM
I was thinking about that, but I'm a professional mermaid and kids hardly believe I'm real as it is. A one piece would completely shatter what shred of an illusion I pull off at this point.

What age group are you referring to? Does this mean that we all need shell tops and realistic silicone tails to be looked at as being "real"?

MerAnthony
04-14-2013, 08:29 AM
*Thinks* Good question Cat.

Ayla of Duluth
04-14-2013, 10:16 AM
No, I simply mean that for me personally, a one piece would not work because kids would never believe I'm real wearing one. I typically deal with kids between the ages of 2 and 9 but on occasion I get some ten year olds or some really smart younger kids who hardly believe in me as it is. My whole reason for being a professional mermaid is to make kids believe in mermaids and keep their imaginations alive, so for me, a one piece simply would not do.

Ayla of Duluth
04-14-2013, 10:37 AM
I admire the people who can go out and entertain in a fabric tail. If I could do that, I would have tails having all over the place.

MermaidBrittany
04-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Well, never go innertubing with a two piece... I almost lot my bottoms! I was thrown off and skidded across the water and finally stopped, and they were around my ankles o.0 Close call! Sure my top was all screwed up, but with a life jacket, i was pretty much covered. So thats my story! :P

Theobromine
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
HAHAHA Blondie!! I'm sorry, but that's hilarious!

I've definitely had some of those moments while swimming with friends. I don't know why the elastic on my bikini tops always seems to give out after a year or so :( Sometimes quite unexpectedly...and I've learned to be very wary of those triangle string bikini tops because sometimes they are a little TOO adjustable.

Mermaid Dottie
05-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm actually thinking of getting/making pasties to go on under my lilypads, because I can't even count anymore....
and if I wear my tankini halter underneath I end up with a bulge above my ladies, which makes them look bigger than they really are....