PDA

View Full Version : Anime Los Angeles 2012

Mermaid Kalliope
08-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Hello all and attention SoCal mers!

If you live in the LA/Orange county area, there is a convention that is perfect for us! It is Anime Los Angles! (http://www.animelosangeles.org/wp/) It is located at the LAX Marriott.

They have a pool as a main part of the convention, last year I spent most of the convention in it. I was wondering if anyone else would like to join me or possibly be willing to do a gathering on that Saturday around one in the afternoon. :-)

Please let me know what you guys think! ^_^ Also, if you're out of state, you can get a room at the LAX Marriott for pretty decent prices if you can find people to join you and split the cost!

Place: POOL (If you don't have a swimmable tail and are landlocked, then the chairs by the pool)

Day: SATURDAY (Day 2)

Time: I was thinking 1 PM

*Bubbles*

Kailani

HBMermaid_Angela
08-22-2011, 01:21 AM
When in 2012? If I have my tail done by then that would be awesome!

Spindrift
08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
What is the pool normally used for in the convention? That link doesn't work by the way. The dates are listed as January 6-8th 2012. I can fly to LA easily I guess, although I might be in Thailand instead....

Mermaid Kalliope
08-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Fixed the link.

It's 2012. I maybe getting a room, but that's still iffy... Depends on who's gonna pitch in for price. I have to talk to a few people.

Oceana
08-28-2011, 11:40 PM
I will probably be there. Had a total blast last year!

Mermaid Kalliope
08-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Oceana, you probably saw me then!

Mermaid Kalliope
09-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Bumping this back up....

Anyone interested in going? I need to know so I can keep my other thread on Cosplay.com up.

green52
09-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Kallani, did you post this somewhere in the Pod of Cali?

Mermaid Kalliope
09-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Green, I did not post it in the pod of Cali because while this is a California event, it is open to everyone to come. :-)

Also, Spindrift, the pool is usually not "used" for anything con wise. It's just a pool for guests/con goers to swim in. It's nice. I personally really like it.

Anita Mermaid
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
But still, it would be good for the Cali Pod to see and whatnot.

My question is, do you have to purchase a ALA ticket to get into the pool? I'm local and I'd like to go up to LA for a meet, but I'm not really interested in spending the day at ALA.

Mermaid Kalliope
10-25-2011, 09:01 AM
The Pool Deck does not require a badge to be out there. The only places that require a badge are: Downstairs (Artist's Alley, Dealer's Hall and most Panels), the Video game room and Con Suite. I may leaving out a few things, but from past experience the pool deck is open to anyone. They cannot close it off to strictly badge holders because that would cause a lot of guest concerns from regular guests. I will be purchasing a badge, possibly. :-)

Sirenade
11-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Ashley, Briana and I were there earlier this year in Thom Shouse tails on Saturday night. The LAX Marriott pool had a high chlorine level and was painful to my eyes :( It was neat seeing everyone in costume.

Anyone have any pictures from last year?

Mermaid Kalliope
12-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Sirenade... I don't of the other mermaids, but I do of myself and other cosplayers!

Check on cosplay.net

malinghi
01-10-2012, 09:38 PM
On deviantArt I saw some pictures of mermaids at anime LA. Looks like it was fun!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/009/1/d/dunn_and_the_little_mermaid_by_ghost141-d4ltbgk.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/008/d/6/anime_la__underwater_by_poohlikeshoney-d4loiit.jpg