PDA

View Full Version : My deepest condolences to Boston

MermaidFyre
04-15-2013, 08:52 PM
My thoughts and soul go out to those in Boston. My eyes rain and my heart shatters when I think of you</3 Those who pray, be sure to remember those poor people tonight. I hope for a speedy recovery for the injured and grieve for those lost.

A quick poem I wrote to commemorate Boston:

Those in Boston

Smiles and laughter, cheers and shouts,
Joyful calls echo from the crowds.
A happy day, a day of spring.
But smiles turn to suffering
A suddenly blast shakes the world
And all around vision’s swirled.
Groans and tears, pain and ears that pound,
So much blood shouldn’t be on the ground,
Keep in your heart all those in Boston,
And let not one soul be forgotten.

For those who are unsure whether a loved one is safe, Red Cross has set up a website to help make communication easier: https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php

Hold your family close tonight and remember those in Boston.

Thalassa
04-15-2013, 09:03 PM
I never post on my facebook page in the wake of a tragedy (addressing the tragedy) because often I feel like it would be publicizing myself using others' pain. This is not IN ANY WAY reflecting badly on those who express their support for the victims via their pages, more to explain the absence of posts on my part.

As for my personal self, it is horrible. I will be praying for the victims and their families.

MermaidFyre
04-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Perfectly understandable Thalassa, I don't usually either. However, this happened less than 45 minutes away from me and people I know were invovled (luckily not injured) so I share in the grief of any connected.