PDA

View Full Version : A question for all the Pagans out there: Beltane plans? :)

Seven Devils
04-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Beltane is coming up (for those who celebrate the sabbats, anyway - I know not all Pagans do) and I'm curious, what plans do my fellow mer-witches have? :p
Due to the rather cold and rainy weather, I unfortunately won't be able to do much outside... Unless the temperature rockets up from the low forties sometime in the two weeks, that is. I was looking forward to the skyclad running around, too! Blah. Anyway, instead of our usual outdoor shenanigans, my friend Matt and I will probably tidy up our altars and clean up the house, use the fireplace as our own little balefire, make each other a floral crown, ect.. Just little things like that. (: We'll be doing it skyclad, obviously, but being naked in the house is never as fun as being naked outside. Urrf.
And of course, there is always the sex magic. Aww yeah. ;D Is that tmi? Oh well, rofl.

But, yeah! I'm interested to know what everyone is doing. :)
Have a safe and happy Beltane! )O(

Morticia Mermaid
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I wish I could celebrate :( But my house is so small and crowded. Plus no place for a fire (can't even burn candles without setting off the smoke detectors :headdesk: )

Seven Devils
04-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Aww! That bites. :i You don't have to do a lot, though. Even just taking a few minutes to thank the gods and goddesses and reflect on our beautiful mother earth will be wonderful. :)

Morticia Mermaid
04-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah. I'm thinking about taking a couple hours to clean up the back yard a bit. Clean up a few weeds that have sprung up and probably sprinkle some grass seed on the bare (dirt) spots

Kanti
04-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Wow Ive never heard of anything like this before!
Forgive my ignorance, I grew up surrounded by Christians and Catholics so I never got an ounce of someone else's spiritual beliefs and since I'm relatively indifferent when it comes to spiritual things I don't go out of my way to ask people xD
But what exactly do you do on Beltane?

Morticia Mermaid
04-19-2013, 03:14 PM
If I remember right, Beltane is the celebration of the passing from spring to summer :)

My studies lately have been really lax :(

Blondie
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
I know we have a handful of mer-witches on the network :)

Kanti
04-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Huh so do you just have a party or something more specific? o.O

And haha I didn't know that! Usually the only people I ever saw profess their beliefs were christians and it usually had to do with people showing skin or expressing their thoughts on sexual things. I hadn't yet stumbled upon anyone saying they were a witch O:

Seven Devils
04-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Morticia is right, Kanti! :)
Beltane is also described as a "fire festival" that celebrates the coming of summer and the fertility of the coming year. How it's celebrated varies from witch to witch - though, there is usually a bonfire involved. And sex, sometimes. Here is some more in-depth information, if you're interested :P http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usma&c=holidays&id=2765.

Kanti
04-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Haha
I hope it's not offensive but I laughed at the "and sex" part xD

Mermaid Tula
04-19-2013, 03:55 PM
I wish I could have a bonfire. But I live in a trailer court, and our area is fire-prone. My hubby and I will probably have a small fire in a bowl. Maybe. I'm still not 100% sure yet. I'm hoping we can do a handfasting renewal.

Whisper
04-19-2013, 04:03 PM
@ - Kanti - It is not bad that you laughed at the "and sex" part.. I did too..

Beltane is that turning point from Spring to Summer. A time of fertility and growth.

@ - Angel - If you can't do a fire, pick up a large candle or one of the 3-wick ones and place in a bowl - Outside would be awesome if possible.

I always look forward to this, as it reminds me there is coming warmth..

Whisper

Goldie
04-19-2013, 04:16 PM
I will be watching a sappy movie with my fav snacks and a warm blanket. YaY I love movie night!

Mermaid Tula
04-19-2013, 04:25 PM
That's pretty much what I was thinking Whisper. ^_^

Seven Devils
04-19-2013, 04:45 PM
@Angel: Awww, a handfasting renewal sounds so romantic! Good luck and congrats to you. :)

@Kanti: lollol, no offense taken x))

@Goldie: Movies and snacks! Yay! :'D

@Whisper: I totally agree. Beltane is one of my favorites, there is defiantly a warmth surrounding it.