PDA

View Full Version : Underwater filming for amateurs...Camera??

MermaidKatia
04-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Some wonderful members of my college's film club have volunteered to make me a promo video, but nobody seems to have a solid underwater camera.

What's a good one that is reasonably priced? Or what do YOU use? : )

MerEmma
04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm getting a GoPro in a week or two...I'm trying to think of some of the best. There are some underwater baggies for a camera that are good for like 5-10 feet for $40-$70...I'd do some research for exactly what you want! Specifications are hard.

Blondie
04-20-2013, 12:08 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again xD GoPro's are awesome. They're small, sturdy, strong.... And they're easy to use. But they are a bit costy. If you have the money, I'd say go for it!

Spindrift
04-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah I'd third the GoPro

Thalassa
04-20-2013, 12:53 PM
How is the learning curve on the GoPro? I'm a bit worried because it doesn't have a screen.

MerEmma
04-20-2013, 01:05 PM
The GoPro isn't really for point and shoot though...it's mostly for set-it-up somewhere and swim for a bit. Then move it and swim some more. At least, that's how I think it is. Which will work well for me as someone who never has anyone to swim with, haha.

Mermaid Tula
04-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Ebay has some diving bags for cameras for really cheap. I just bought one. Once I get it, I'll test it with a dry sponge in it in the bathtub to see if it leaks.

Talise
04-20-2013, 04:35 PM
GoPros!! Snowboarders attach it to their helmets when they board and it deals well with intense speeds that some of them get, as well as the wetness from the snow. It's not being submerged underwater, but they hold up really well and they're solid; well worth the investment if you're going to film yourself all the time.

It doesn't have a screen, but it takes excellent quality video; I've never used one personally, but it's easy to view the footage. You'd just have to have a laptop handy to view what you filmed.

Blondie
04-20-2013, 08:23 PM
It's not too hard. You can add an LED back screen to it if you'd like. You use the power button and the record button to navigate through it. There are a TOOOON of how to videos with it on youtube as well. I have had no problem with it.