PDA

View Full Version : Managing FB Fan Pages

AniaR
04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
So, facebook. Love hate relationship for many. Especially when they makes changes. Well, I knew changes to the fanpages were coming soon because the coding kept breaking and I couldn't access my page for a while to actually do anything. Numbers and letters everywhere. Well, my page finally changed from the admin end and I suspect it will for many of you if it hasn't already.

So one of the big changes is that now, in the big space where you used to see your notifications for activity on your page, we now have a huge wall for promoting individual posts, in addition to the promote buttons they already have on every single post! Grrr makes me so mad. They reallllly want our money. First they reduce our audience reach, and now they want us to pay to promote it to everyone - which they already have been asking for for a while, but now it's taken over, it's kinda obnoxious.

You work so hard to get fans, so lame that only such a small percentage of them actually get to see what you post even when they click subscribe. All these changes happened once Facebook went public with stock.

I think a lot of us mers use facebook pages for booking, for networking, and keeping in touch with our fans. However I think they're making it harder and harder to do for free so I am always looking into other websites to do these things with- I don't count on FB being around in the way I'd like for much longer!

MerEmma
04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Ugh, I've always hated FB and will continue to. I hope the trend moves on VERY soon because FB just really sucks. Heck, Twitter's better than FB albeit troublesome when you want to say something significant. But still, UGH. Seriously.

Winged Mermaid
04-19-2013, 10:27 PM
I've read articles on this stuff, and more and more people are saying that it's a poor decision to base your business on a site you don't control, like Facebook. Businesses have paid thousands and thousands of dollars to get fans on Facebook via sponsored page advertisements. Now they have to pay to get all the fans to see it -_- Seems pretty bait-and-switch to me.

AniaR
04-23-2013, 05:03 PM
yup. This is why I am on so many other websites, maintain my own, and a blog. One day FB fan pages will be obsolete!