PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Merfolk Meetups

そばかすのキス
08-22-2011, 07:15 AM
There's a lot of us down here and we need to hang out! What do you guys want from a gathering? Aside from the much loved mingling and swim time of course. Personally, my general enthusiasm for meeting up comes from having attended MerCon this year. I enjoyed meeting everyone very much but was unsatisfied with the events of the convention. So. I wanna do that here. With you guys. On a smaller scale. (⌒-⌒ ) And put together with multiple people's input and efforts...LETS DO THIS THING!

Winged Mermaid
08-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I say we should try and hit up Knott's Soak City before it closes! That being said, I can't believe it's almost labor day :( Why on earth to SoCal pools close on labor day anyway? It didn't get summer-hot until the beginning of this month!

What say we aim for the Friday or Saturday before? Or do you think it will be too crowded? It's kind of a now or never thing at this point. I've actually never been, but I'd like to have one meet up in San Diego this year, and that's the only decent sized pool that I know of. All the olympic sized pools are roped for laps, and that's not any fun :/

I'd say we incorporate sushi in there! We can go to a Japanese restaurant so there are more options than just sushi as well. Vegetarian? Hello tempura! ;)

HBMermaid_Angela
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Knott's gets SUPER busy, I've been once and it was a nightmare. I live in Huntington Beach....what about the Long Beach Aquarium (Aquarium of the Pacific)? Winged - that would be kind of a drive for you though :(

そばかすのキス
08-23-2011, 03:44 AM
I work at Knotts, it's not that bad. It seriously just depends on what day you're going. Now, did you guys been the soak city here in bueana park or somewhere else? Either way, we're not gonna be able to take tails into there. I like the sushi idea though. That's a sure thing. So. The last weekend of August huh? We cam swing it.

HBMermaid_Angela
08-23-2011, 12:56 PM
We went to the one right next to Knott's Berry Farm. Anyway, I start teaching the last week in August so that would be a no go for me. Have fun though...unless you guys plan for later...keep me posted

Winged Mermaid
08-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I mean the one in San Diego. I'm already going up to Long Beach this weekend so I wouldn't be able to make another trip a week later I don't think :/ Why do you say we couldn't take our tails into Knott's? I just wanted to have a get together at a larger/public pool before they all close down on Sept 5th. No idea how we'd be able to have a meet up after that with swimming time. The ocean is too rough and cold for my likes on this coast.

Mermaid Kalliope
08-29-2011, 05:34 AM
D: I would love the Soak City idea, but I'm broke and wouldn't be able to pay my way to anything. :<

Beach is a good free way of meeting up! >>

そばかすのキス
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Sita's in town! I think we should meet up with her and have a group discussion on what's next for MerCon. I'm going to do it, I just want to know if anyone's willing to go with me.

Winged Mermaid
09-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I'd love to! Just depends on when and where it is.

そばかすのキス
09-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I told her I'm off Friday. I don't know her exact whereabouts.

Anita Mermaid
10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Argh, she didn't get back to me. ANYWAYS. Lets meetup at the ALA Pool (La Mariott) like Kailani was saying in another thread. Its January 6-8 I think.