PDA

View Full Version : Paint to use on sillicone?

MermaidNerenia
08-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Looking for some good ideas of paint to use on sillicone?

inactive account
08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Omg!, I have been looking for a silicone paint aswell-Im starting to make silicone realistic tails hopefully really cool ones :) and sooo I found this paint which is for platinum siilcione which is just what I need:http://www.smooth-on.com/Psycho-Paint=-Pl/c1198/index.html trouble is, there is no information on the colors of anything or where to get the colors of what to use, I think it's a pigment you buy seperate, and wow! this is so expensive :O

OrcaMatt
08-22-2011, 10:44 AM
People seem to like the Createx airbrush paints. You can buy it at Michael's and online.

AniaR
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
A lot of people pigment the silicone instead of putting the paint on- avoids scraping

inactive account
08-22-2011, 08:07 PM
OrcaMatt: I Think Createx is only for Latex, It wouldn't work with silicone or even stick to it :p

Odette
08-22-2011, 10:37 PM
neotail is right. pigment your silicone,miss. how? i could ask someone. i know they use a mold.i think it was fiberglass? very expensive for sure and fiberglass means you need to wear goggles,mask,and gloves. i saw the fx people wearing white suit things too.

inactive account
08-23-2011, 05:15 PM
neotail is right. pigment your silicone,miss. how? i could ask someone. i know they use a mold.i think it was fiberglass? very expensive for sure and fiberglass means you need to wear goggles,mask,and gloves. i saw the fx people wearing white suit things too.

Thank's Odette and yeah Im guessing maybe somone would pigment thier silicone to their tails (base) color like 'gold', then use darker and lighter colors by airbrush or by paint. Im guessing its something like that? That would be better so that your tails original color is the base color and not white or the color of silicone-If scraping occurs there will always be an undercolor. :)