PDA

View Full Version : First tail suggestions...what can $1000 buy me?

Mermaid Varshana
04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi all,

I've been doing lots of research on tailmakers for a couple of months. It's left me feeling a bit lost and overloaded with info. I want to invest in a decent tail for my first one. I'd like it to be not fabric, with decent choice of fluke shapes, good looking, competent customer service, and a reasonably open choice as far as colors go. Slits or openings where air can escape would be desirable. Extra fins are not important. I'm looking to spend around $1000, maybe a bit more if broken up payments are allowed. Any suggestions would be very helpful. :D Also, has anyone ordered a tail from Emily Angelfish?

AniaR
04-23-2013, 05:40 PM
you can get a merbellas basic tail, a mertailor basic tail, a fish butts, petty much any of the fabric tails for the most part, I think you may be able to get a mermaid parties tail... I'm sure there are more! Check out the listing at www.mermaidtails.net for more ideas!

Also, we'd love to have you introduce yourself in the introduction forum space :) <3 welcome to the site

Mermaid Varshana
04-23-2013, 05:47 PM
From what I understood, Fish Butts is backed up for months and months and months, I don't want a fabric tail, and Eric's basic tail does not have customizable flukes. Merbella's is a huge contender, I just don't know a whole lot more than what her FB mentioned. How much extra is fluke customization? I might be wrong about Eric's basic tail since I'm only going off of their websites. Believe me...I have been scouring that www.mermaidtails.net (http://www.mermaidtails.net) for MONTHS! lol Then I came across this forum, and there's a loootttt of information I couldn't have garnished from anyone other than actual mermaids!

MerEmma
04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
For the basic tail, fluke customs are free. <3 :)

Mermaid Varshana
04-23-2013, 06:14 PM
For Merbella's??!:yay::thumbs up:

BTW, this place is so kind and friendly! I swear to god I would have been insulted for my ignorance on most other forums by now :crazy:

MerEmma
04-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Haha, yep. It's pretty friendly here--I love it! I totally recommend Raven; her work is amazing and she's fantastic to work with. :) Check out the reviews on the review section for more in depth descriptions!

AniaR
04-23-2013, 06:43 PM
I love my Raven tail :D also, be sure to check out reviews to see what people are saying :)

Mermaid Varshana
04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
The reviews changed my mind about several tailmakers. I didn't feel so bad when one of them emailed me back and said they didn't accept payment plans then ;) I'm very glad I found an actual community before I spent a fortune on a tail.

Arella
04-23-2013, 07:19 PM
I just got pictures of my basic merbella tail I haven't gotten it yet but it looks good :) I got a bigger monofin put in it for a little bit more money so thats an option if you want a bigger fluke