PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Movie Idea

Mermaid Saphira
04-24-2013, 04:27 PM
So, this movie idea has been bouncing around my mind for awhile and today I finally decided to start going for it. Although I have not yet figured out the name, I am leaning towards "Siren" though, I do have the complete storyline prepared. This "movie" is going to have murder, mystery and mermaids! So, I'm going to post the story idea just for a few hours to prevent possible theft and I would love to hear your thoughts. Suggestions, comments and tips are all welcome so long as they are constructive :D **Keep in mind that the stuff in () are still under revision.

"Story idea: In a quaint little neighborhood, you would never expect to find a tramatic murder case that would rock the boat. It all started with the disappearance of a (16-17) year old girl, Madelyn Kiersten Swan. Soon after her death, people began to disappear from the same cove, all males, all of their bodies found washed ashore stripped of their flesh. Rookie (forensic scientist), Christopher Dobkins, goes against his boss’ rules to take up the mysterious murder case in order to prove himself to his coworkers, but what he finds may change everything we thought we knew about the depths of the ocean."

MerEmma
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Really interesting, I think.

Carolina Mermaid
04-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Ohh, it sounds really good!

MerAnthony
04-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Sounds really good Saph. But insted of a movie how about a book first then movie an go from there.

Mermaid Saphira
04-24-2013, 05:33 PM
^ I prefer filming over writing books. I'm not good with novels, I can;t stick with them, but scripts come naturally to me.

ThanQ everymer ^-^

Mermaid Saphira
04-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Idea for what the mer will look like??? Not final...

Mermaid Dottie
04-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Oh, wow. If it were a book, I'd read it!
I get kinda squeamish when it comes to watching that kind of stuff, though. I have a really hard time with 'Bones', and I can't watch 'Torchwood' any more, either. The cannibals... *shiver, gag*

Mermaid Lilium
04-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Sounds good to me.

If I could be of any help let me know =) I do fantasy photography and a fair bit of horror photography and I've been thinking about branching into moving image properly. (As for me living in the UK... There's a chance that me and le husbandly one might be moving back to PA at some point this year.... at the very least I'll be in PA this summer.)

Spindrift
04-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm not a fan of the names (personally) but it's a cute idea! :)

halesloveswhales
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Sounds intriguing! My only suggestion is to maybe give Madelyn Swan a different last name. It might cause people to correlate your story with Twilight, and that could be a bad thing with some people. But aside from that, it sounds great! I'd watch it :)

spottedcatfish
04-24-2013, 08:09 PM
That idea sounds great! But will there be any subplots to embellish the story? I'm seeing a sort of CSI theme here, with the detectives meets POTC Mermaids... What about mermen?

SeaGlass Siren
04-24-2013, 08:20 PM
oh wow! i'm totally digging it! I LOVE MYSTERY!

Blondie
04-24-2013, 08:24 PM
*BLUSH* Her middle name is my first name :) Kiersten is not a very popular name. SO when I see it I get all giddy xD

I think it's a good start ^^ I'd love it to get more "juicy" though and become a big thing

Mermaid Saphira
04-24-2013, 08:51 PM
@Dottie: I may consider making it both, but I am not sure quiet yet. :)
@Kat: Wow, what an exciting career. I jusy might take up your offer soon enough ;)
@Spindrift: There is nothing final about the names, they just rolled off of my tongue nicely at the time :)
@Hales: I know nothing about twilight, but I certainly don't want a connection. I will keep that in mind, thank you :)
@Spotted: It's still a work in progress. And yes, there is definately a mixture of CSI meets POTC mermaids lol :)
@Andrea: Yay! ThanQ :)
@Blondie: It's a lovely name! I'm glad you are excited, and for the 'juicy' stuff.. it's still a work in progress ;)

Prince Calypso
04-25-2013, 04:43 AM
^ I prefer filming over writing books. I'm not good with novels, I can;t stick with them, but scripts come naturally to me.

ThanQ everymer ^-^

i'm good with novals. let me get a peep at the script and i can do a book as a companion piece to your skript

Prince Calypso
04-25-2013, 04:46 AM
I agree.
"Undertow" or "Depths" would sound darker and a bit more mysterious.

Azurin Luna
04-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Sounds really interesting, way more interesting then my own mermaid story

Mermaid Saphira
04-25-2013, 07:51 AM
i'm good with novals. let me get a peep at the script and i can do a book as a companion piece to your skript

I haven't quiet started the script yet -_____________-

Mermaid Saphira
04-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Sounds really interesting, way more interesting then my own mermaid story

ThanQ! You've been working on one of your own? :D

Mermaid Saphira
04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Improved design:

Aziara
04-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Cool! I'd so watch that!

Alveric
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
"Sirens" gives too much away. I would use one of Calypso's suggestions.

Mermaid Saphira
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM
The title is not even close to being final, it was just a thought so I may take up Calypso's ideas :)

Azurin Luna
04-25-2013, 12:07 PM
ThanQ! You've been working on one of your own? :D

Yeah, i have been on and off, but i do not really dare to post it

Merman Dan
04-25-2013, 12:08 PM
"A writer writes" :) Sounds like something folks would watch!

I have notes for a movie/TV series concept based on "Mermaids: The Body Found". I had tentatively titled it "Diamond Shoals" to add a degree of mystery to the work.

Mermaid Saphira
04-25-2013, 12:33 PM
^ That sounds interesting, Ae! I'd love to hear more about it sometime :)

Prince Calypso
04-25-2013, 10:30 PM
I haven't quiet started the script yet -_____________-

Lol I know those feels
no problem sweety. maybe we can work on it together.

Prince Calypso
04-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Improved design:

I also like this design better than the first

Mermaid_Sarah
04-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Sounds good! Once you start filming it I'd love to watch it!;)

SeaGlass Siren
04-25-2013, 10:47 PM
I'd totally play a csi or an investigator !!! Or even the bloodthirsty siren

SeaGlass Siren
04-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh oh since she's a siren why not have her keep the vocal cords of her victims ?? And those voices she can use to lure more victims?? Imagine a coroner pronouncing findings and c.o.d. ... Asphyxiation due to the blood clogging the airways. Or and blood loss. Or even drowning. Whoever killed them ripped open their neck and removed their vocal cords.

Mermaid Allie
04-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Whoa sounds cool! Nice pics!!

Mermaid Saphira
04-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Lol I know those feels
no problem sweety. maybe we can work on it together.

Ah yes, nothing like writers block! Haha. I'd love to work with you when/if I get the chance :)

Mermaid Saphira
04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh oh since she's a siren why not have her keep the vocal cords of her victims ?? And those voices she can use to lure more victims?? Imagine a coroner pronouncing findings and c.o.d. ... Asphyxiation due to the blood clogging the airways. Or and blood loss. Or even drowning. Whoever killed them ripped open their neck and removed their vocal cords.

Oh, wow. That is...that is....interesting. I was actually going to keep her mostly silent other than when she sings, but that only happens a few times. I will keep this in mind though ;)

SeaGlass Siren
04-26-2013, 05:51 PM
And then the investigators stumble upon an old abandoned lighthouse filled with copious jars of the vocal cords that she pickles and eats to gain their voices. Somehow she lodges it into her own throat before really devouring it? Like she can use the victims voices to call out their family members who may be out there trying to give flowers to their lost ones?

Youll have to study up on anatomy and then somehow describe the findings and such.

SeaGlass Siren
04-26-2013, 05:54 PM
And you coul have her sing using the female voices? But I think the singing is overdone x)

I kinda wanna write my own now LOL.. Inspired by mermaids but not really having mermaids. It'll involve a community like outs. Some who believe they are, some hobbyists, some enthusiasts... Kinda like that one csi episode of furries

spottedcatfish
04-27-2013, 04:41 AM
And you coul have her sing using the female voices? But I think the singing is overdone x)

I kinda wanna write my own now LOL.. Inspired by mermaids but not really having mermaids. It'll involve a community like outs. Some who believe they are, some hobbyists, some enthusiasts... Kinda like that one csi episode of furries

Singing is overrated... lol. Wow I never thought I would've been reminded of that CSI furry episode... *cringes*. It could have been done soo differently! Talk about media spin...

SeaGlass Siren
04-27-2013, 07:35 AM
It could have lol yeah. But there was also that one vampire episode. And that one guy with chimera ... And another who was a "werewolf" but just had this weird hair growth disease

Mermaid Varshana
05-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I've been watching a lot of Adventure Time lately, and I've been very impressed with the type of logic they use on the show. There's this old logic puzzle that is supposed to judge how well you're suited for management, and one of them is, "Q: How do you put a giraffe in a refrigerator? A: You open the door and put it in." In other words, you just DO it, no matter how crazy the idea is. So...basically this is a mythological creature. She rips the vocal cords out of chicks and kills them in order to sound like them when she speaks or sings. Why not design her anatomy this way? Like...Her throat has a natural open-to-the-outside mechanism where she can then unstring the vocal cords that are there and dispose of them, and string in new ones like an internal corset, and then her neck closes over it.

SeaGlass Siren
05-07-2013, 06:06 PM
ooo that's brilliant!