PDA

View Full Version : Fishbutts - Anyone got a Refund yet?

Moongazer
04-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm not posting this to stir up drama, I'm merely curious to see if anyone got their refunds this week.

After enquiring with an email eariler this week, I was informed I would get it by next week (I got a response on the 21st)... .

Has anyone gotten one?

And it also appears that they have turned off the 'others posts' on their FB page again...

MermaidAvalon
04-27-2013, 11:49 PM
My mother and I haven't checked paypal yet, (We paid through my mom's paypal, + she wont be back until Sunday) But I doubt it :headwall: I don't have much faith in her, especially since she turned off the 'other posts' on FB again, probably because everyone would comment asking about the refund. Hopefully it's there when we check it Sunday night or Monday :(

AniaR
04-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Not defending at all, but pointing out it can take several BUSINESS days to get money through paypal, especially if it's being taken out of a bank account and then sent using paypal as opposed to being sent from money already put into paypal which can be almost instant. I have no clue about the statuses of your refunds, and I hope you do get them back asap. Paypal just sucks so much, I wish more tail makers would use internet money transfers through their bank instead. Waaaay cheaper and in some cases free, whereas paypal eats up so much money for fees. Plus, it pisses me off that they never seem to convert currencies at the right rate. I tried to send money to Raven and I looked up the current conversion and CAD was actually 1.03 to USD 1.00 and Paypal did CAD .95 to USD 1.00 and then charge for the conversion fee -_- soooo lame. /end paypal rant.

It sounds like a lot of people are opting for the refund route. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

spottedcatfish
04-28-2013, 12:56 AM
What are internet money transfers? look at this: http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/online-banking/online-money-transfer.htm

Moongazer
04-28-2013, 02:31 AM
No worries Raina. I've taken that into account too and Emailed Stevi again to check on the status.

She got back to me in a couple hours (Made me really happy) and said I should have it on Monday and that she would email me when she had made the transfer.

Fingers crossed!

Trident True
04-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Money transfers are good however it doesnt give the purchaser peace of mind if something goes wrong with the transfer. where as paypal will give a full refund if the seller fails to produce product ordered.

AniaR
04-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Not always :/ I have several friends who have been screwed over by paypal. But yeah, I see your point.

Winged Mermaid
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
PayPal is pretty pointless for tails, since the time to make most of them is well beyond the 45 day mark for PayPal protection. BUT asking for a wire/money transfer is a huuuuge red flag for a lot of people. Taking the hit for the PayPal fees is for people's peace of mind using a reputable payment system. Otherwise, if it was money transfer or money order only, tailmakers may not get nearly as many customers becuase the thought of using those alternate payment methods would turn a lot of them away. :/ Just sucks becuase for a $3,000 tail, that's $100 being sunk into JUST PayPal fees. So that's my rant on that :P

I hope everyone's refunds come through. If not refer to this post (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?4830-Im-really-starting-to-HATE-FishButts&p=67343&viewfull=1#post67343) on what actions to take.

MermaidAlaina
04-28-2013, 09:55 PM
I got my refund from Stevi today! I'm a very happy and thankful mermaid :) :)

SeaGlass Siren
05-01-2013, 08:01 AM
That's good :)

MermaidAvalon
05-03-2013, 03:57 PM
I still haven't received mine, she told me I would have it Sunday or Monday the latest.... Well it's Friday, and I'm still pissed off. My mother and I have reported her to the Better Business Bureau.

Moongazer
05-05-2013, 12:58 PM
She said the same to me. It's now Sunday and I'm about to go through all the actions I can. I'm tired of the empty promises and 'please hold on a bit longer' responses.

At this point I don't think I'll ever go back to her. Especially when she keeps promising tail photos on her page and nothing is posted.

I have patience but its run out now.