PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Dreams?

MermaidSaku
08-23-2011, 04:46 AM
Lately. I have been having some strange dreams. Strange as in i am not used to having normal dreams.
I am the type of person that suffers from Night Terrors and as i have gotten to used to having night terrors just about every night in the past 5 years. I recently have not had many. For the past 4 weeks i have only had a few maybe about 8,and 8 out of 28 isn't bad. I think it's because i'm so close to getting my mermaid tail my dreams have subsided maybe.Nights ago in my dream. There was a ship, a shark, and 3 mermaids including me. We were on a ship. The ship went underwater and me and the other mermaids of course were not afraid held our breath. The ship moved as if to were riding waves underwater. I swam out of the ship and saw a shark swimming around. The ship brought us to a tower underwater, but it looked like we were in space. Inside was like home, with beds to sleep in and we could breathe.

I figured this is tied to my tail.The fact that i look at the design daily before bed, and have a hard time sleeping because my mind, heart, and soul wants it so badly to swim and feel that freedom. So my Questions are:

Do you have dreams about your tail ?
Have you had dreams about your tail before you've gotten it?
What kind of dreams do you like?

I'm sorry if it seems weird to bring it up. It's just so new to me. From really Gothic, Dark, dreams with a ton of gore,etc.. to dreaming about towers ships, sharks, and seaweed... It's so..not what i am used too. lol

New York Mermaid
08-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I tend to have alot of dreams with dolphins and Orcas, sometimes sharks, but im always in tail. Last dream I had, was with a great white a very LARGE great white, it reminded me of something out of endless ocean: Blue World, with Thanatos the giant shark. I was just swimming along with him, yes i had a tail, it was grey and blue with black tips, i remember my dreams so clearly sometimes its like its almost real.

I think the worse dreams i have are of aliens near my bed, observing me, they freak me out very much, something about those big black eyes *shudders*

jukumerboii
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
wow yall are meant to be mermaids,,ive had dreams of swimming with mermaids and that i could breathe under the water,,a while back my brotha had a dream i was sleeping with one lol.

MermaidSaku
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Juku maybe you will marry a mermaid? : 0000
I've actually never thought about it that way though. Most of the time when i am underwater in a dream. i have a tail or i am changing.

MermaidSaku
08-23-2011, 07:25 PM
I think the worse dreams i have are of aliens near my bed, observing me, they freak me out very much, something about those big black eyes *shudders*

I don' like alien dreams either!! I've had some creepy ones. An alien head in my dream come through my wall to watch me. x......x

Mermaid Saphira
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
always, always, always! Mostly during full moon : ) Conincedience??? (did i spell that right?)

Mermaid Jewel
08-24-2011, 12:39 AM
I don't remember my dreams...but I recall having one once :D I seriously don't remember my dreams. Which is good, some of them were traumatic-ly bad. I resorted to hanging a dream-catcher on my bed so I guess it had some effect on me (mentally? Magically? who knows?) and I don't remember many of my dreams.

AniaR
08-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I have night terrors too- and we only just figured out through therapy its because I actually almost died as a kid when for some unknown reason my lungs filled up with fluid. I woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe and because I lived with a drunk mother at the time she did nothing and I sincerely felt like I would die. I forgot all about this memory and as a teen started waking up with no memory of my dreams screaming my head off and sometimes feeling like I was about to die and yelling about not wanting to die. I did a lot of therapy and get night terrors now only when Im stressed and I can usually go right back to bed. I do still get sleep paralysis.

I have yet to have a mermaid dream but I have insane flying dreams that feel like swimming only through the air

Mermaid Momo
08-28-2011, 08:14 PM
i've had a mermaid dream or should i call it a merman dream because i wasnt in my tail. so heres how it goes:
for some reason i was out in the ocean before a really big storm. the ocean was swelling up around me and i just kept on swimming. in the distance, i saw something bobbing in the water. when i swam up to it all i could see was a hand so i dived down and i saw a merman just floating there uncoscious because he was missing a whole arm. i assumed, since he was a shark merman that i got in a fight or was hurt somehow. so i lugged him to the shore and took him home where i put him in my bathtub.( he wasnt a romantic merman either. i had to feed him freshly butchered things like you would feed a shark and he mostly slept. XD ) i based a comic off of that dream.

Derek Broussard
08-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Most kids dream of flying. When I was a kid I never dreamt of flying, only of being underwater. Usually pretty cool stuff like living in an underwater house, or playing with sharks. Now that I spend most of my walking day in the water... I still dream about the sea!

I feel sorry for those of you who don't enjoy your dreamland, or don't remember. Dreams to me are like the sense of smell or taste, you can live fine without them, but so much is missed.

Alveric
08-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Occasionally, I can blend things from my dreams into my fiction.

Alveric

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-05-2011, 12:37 AM
I remember a dream several years ago... back in high school, I think. I was human, but somehow evolving into a merman, not unlike the main character in The 13th Year. My fingers and toes became webbed, scales grew up my hands and feet, I could telepathically communicate with sea life and use hydrokinesis to manipulate water. However, there was a big flood or storm or tsunami coming, even as I was becoming more and more amphibious... and somehow it was affecting my friends and I... I was the only one with watery abilities, but I think some of the others had different features and powers... maybe related to the classical elements. We were using our abilities to prepare for the approaching disaster, in order to stop it or provide a safe haven for others. Unfortunately, I woke up before I fully evolved into a merman or mastered my hydrokinesis (I seem to recall splashing a bunch of people accidentally... water is slippery, even if you're controlling it with powers) and before the storm hit, and I've never dreamed any dream like that again.

For a few years around 3rd and 4th grade I had a series of repeating flying dreams. Once in college I had a telekinetic/pyrokinetic dream. Unfortunately, I am a night owl, and staying up late tends to leave me too exhausted to dream.

Azurin Luna
12-05-2011, 06:24 AM
I've had several different dreams involving water, but in most of them I was an water elf instead of a mermaid. In a few the water elf me was able to grow a tail when needed so I could swim faster. In some of those dreams I was captured or they found out I was an water elf and they did all kinds of 'investigations' and tests on me. Those dreams were horrible.
But ever since I had the dreams of being a water elf, I feld more connected to the water then ever, and the fact that she could have a tail too made it even better.

happyguava
12-05-2011, 06:54 AM
It was dreams that inspired me to make a tail and get into mermaiding in the first place. I had constant dreams of being a mermaid as a child; every night I'd be having some adventure with dolphins or seahorses or something. Into my teenage years I stopped having the dreams, although I never lost my love of all things oceanic. Until the age of about 18 when I randomly started getting these I-am-a-mermaid dreams again, almost every night. It awoke something in me that got me really excited about mermaids and the ocean all over again, and I came up with the idea of making myself a tail and going for a swim!

All my mermaid dreams before the past year or so have involved me being an actual mermaid who physically has a tail that is not removable or anything. It wasn't until I started lurking on meryuku and planning my tails that I started having dreams about human-me putting on a tail and swimming around entertaining children etc. Since then there's been lots of those.