PDA

View Full Version : First Monofin

MerMatt
04-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Hey y'all,

I just purchased my first Finis Foil monofin today. After a call to Finis customer service and a few emails to and from salespeople, found a place that sells Finis in Calgary and went right after work and purchased it. I am so excited to try it out, I just have to wait till Saturday when I normally go swimming. I bought it specifically to train and get used to wearing and swimming in it, once I receive my tail from Jesse later this year.

MerMatt

Mermaid Tula
04-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Awesome!

MerMatt
05-05-2013, 03:36 PM
So I wanted to share my first experience swimming with a monofin. I must say trying the first time was an epic fail. After a few more times trying I was slowly getting it. It was really a hit or miss kinda time. I had my wife watching and she said that a few times I moved fluently in the water. When I felt that I was swimming correctly I could propel myself almost half way down the lane pool. This makes me excited for my next swim as I am feeling more and more like a merman. I did come to the conclusion its a huge core work out. It also showed a few others things I need to work on to be a better swimmer. Since my tail wont be ready till later this year it gives me ample time to practice and lose some weight.