PDA

View Full Version : mer-meet 2013

Echidna
05-03-2013, 09:22 AM
any plans regarding this?

I've checked the locations from the 2012 thread, and some are really enticing.

Rheinbach has a 10m deep pool with a sunken shipwreck, underwater decorations, volcanoes and more
http://www.monte-mare.de
sadly, even for swimming/freediving, they demand a certificate (Germany...what have you).

Tropical Islands in Berlin does also look very nice, with a lagoon/waterfall, a 200m long beach, a tropical village and more.
Not much for diving with a depth of 1,40m (I'll probably scrape my fluke in those), but at least you can enter without having paid them a few hundred euros for their certificate ;P

let me know what you think, I'd really like to meet some mers in person :)

Ariel-Starfish
05-06-2013, 10:51 AM
sounds nice! :D

Nyxie
05-06-2013, 11:01 AM
any plans regarding this?

I've checked the locations from the 2012 thread, and some are really enticing.

Rheinbach has a 10m deep pool with a sunken shipwreck, underwater decorations, volcanoes and more
http://www.monte-mare.de
sadly, even for swimming/freediving, they demand a certificate (Germany...what have you).

Tropical Islands in Berlin does also look very nice, with a lagoon/waterfall, a 200m long beach, a tropical village and more.
Not much for diving with a depth of 1,40m (I'll probably scrape my fluke in those), but at least you can enter without having paid them a few hundred euros for their certificate ;P

let me know what you think, I'd really like to meet some mers in person :)
YES!!!! im all for tropical island !!!!!

Mermaid Fenicia
05-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Could be nice for photo-shoots ;)

Echidna
05-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Indeed. The Lagoon with the waterfall looks very mysterious and mermaidy!

Since the location is tropical all year round, we could do a meeting there anytime-
it doesn't have to be in Summer, when many people probably go on holiday elsewhere.

Maybe we should do it in the winter.
Would be a nice change from cold, mud and snow I bet.

Let's see how many people would like to go a-mermaiding during the winter holidays.

Azurin Luna
05-15-2013, 02:03 AM
Sounds nice, I wouldn't mind going in winter. Maybe I would even have my new tail ready by then

Sammyantha171
05-18-2013, 07:48 AM
The Tropical Islands in Berlin sound fantastic!
Unfortunately I don't think I'll have the time or money to travel this year...I'll be so jealous if you all get to go!

Ithilindil
05-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I would like to come also. It sounds fantastic!

Echidna
05-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Apparently, Magictail are hosting another meeting this autumn/winter, planned is the Stuttgart area.

Since I missed the last one (and would really like to meet some other mers!), I'm considering to participate.
Last time round though, there were over 200 people, that would be a tad full for my taste :p

We could do the Tropic Islands extra, it's a totally different setting, with maybe just a handful of people
(will probably be more fun), but let's see.

idun
05-21-2013, 04:22 AM
I´m in on going to to the tropical islands

Ariel-Starfish
05-21-2013, 12:40 PM
So, any date/place in mind? :)

Echidna
05-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Place; let's say Tropical Islands :D
Date; I'd suggest sometime in November.
We can juggle around, but my bet is most folks will have lots of other stuff to do in December.

Nyxie
05-22-2013, 03:35 AM
if we are doing it in November...it would be more convenient for me to do it the Nov1st-3rd or even the 2nd weekend (8th to 10th)?

Toxotes
06-16-2013, 06:50 AM
I've never been to Tropical Island but it seems to be nice.
November would also be a good time for me.

Seyani
06-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Hello! I just figured out how to join a pod!
And...omg I would love to go to Berlin Tropical Islands for the meet up o.o~ Sounds awesome...eventhough I don't have a tail yet...haha. <3

Mermaid Fenicia
06-20-2013, 04:24 AM
If I can go to this meet, I'll bring my extra (fabric) tails with me for anymer to use at the event ;)

Echidna
06-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Update.
Magictail cancelled their planned meeting, so ours would then be the only mer-meet 2013
(apart from the parade, which idk anything further about).

If everyone who answered positively about going in this thread can make it
(not sure about Ariel, so I didn't count that), we're 8 mers so far.

Shall we put the preliminary date to November the 9th (possibly extending to the 10th)?

If you feel we're too low on numbers, I can contact the German Mermaid Club (situated in Stuttgart),
they might have members interested in joining.

Mermaid Fenicia
06-25-2013, 03:03 AM
If my boyfriend won't work that weekend and if it's not at the same date as a convention where I'm a dealer, I like to join this meet ;)

Sishakir
07-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I'd love to join this little party but I'm still waiting for my first tail so I still might be kind of unexperienced in November, I hope, you don't mind. :P

Echidna
07-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Oh, you'll be a wise old mer in no time :D
What kind of tail are you getting?

Sishakir
07-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I am getting one from Stephanie's Summer Tail Line. I think, they're good for starting because they are lighter and cheaper than this silicone-stuff and I myself don't want to wear a MagicTail - I guess, I'd break it in no-time! q-q
And this way, I can decide the colors my own which is very important for me because I want a nice, dark green *-*
Oh aand another factor was, of course, the fast delivery ^^ Summer won't be over in three weeks - at least I do hope so. ^^

Echidna
07-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Ah, and I thought you'd be getting a Magictail.
They do deliver fast and are pretty, but they don't have dark green.

I'm making a green tail too these days.
Never sewn before, so it's quite nerve-wrecking :D

Sishakir
07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm sure, your tail will become awesome! ^^
Can't wait to see the result soon as you have finished it. ^^

idun
08-07-2013, 05:17 AM
oki so we are going?

Echidna
08-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Unless I'm really ill, I'm going.
Since travelling is quite a problem for me, it would suck if I went there and was the only one though :p

idun
08-09-2013, 04:33 AM
oki I wanna go so I have to make my tail soon

*Celine*
08-09-2013, 05:02 AM
I'd like to join in this meet too, unfortunately, I can only confirm that like the week before we would go because off rehearsals and school, but you can put me on the list. If I have the time, I'll be there.

Mermaid_Dominique
08-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Really interested but I'm afraid I can't join because of the distance and money. I don't have a drivers license which makes it even harder and I am still searching for a job because I just graduated. Will do my best though, my boyfriend may be crazy enough to take me there :)!

Azurin Luna
08-11-2013, 04:26 AM
I will try to join in too, maybe we can pick you up Dominique if your bf doesn't want to go. Mine seemed to like the idea of swimming in a tropical pool

Mermaid Fenicia
08-11-2013, 03:32 PM
My boyfriend also loves warm water :p

Mermaid_Dominique
08-11-2013, 03:40 PM
I will try to join in too, maybe we can pick you up Dominique if your bf doesn't want to go. Mine seemed to like the idea of swimming in a tropical pool

Haha nice! Thanks for the offer :D. I talked to my boyfriend and he said that I could go if I wanted to, he said he was thinking about visiting Berlin one day anyway, so it's a pretty perfect opportunity haha ^^. You can count me in!

Mermaid Fenicia
08-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Any date set for this meet?

Traveling Merman
08-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Aww im working on the ship in november! -_- I don't have a tail but it would be nice to meet you all anyway!

I'm guessing I don't have to speak German to go! Lol x

Sishakir
08-12-2013, 02:23 AM
I will definetely be there and bring my mom, too - I really love the way she supports everything I do! :) well, we should set a date soon, I don't want to be near Berlin and don't know where to sleep xD
I don't think that it will be much of a problem if some people don't speak German very well - That's what we have some german mers on the meeting for, I guess ;)

Ah,btw, caltuna: my tail became a magictail after not receiving an answer from Fish Butts for over a month...the magictail arrived just the day after I placed my order :)

Mermaid Fenicia
08-12-2013, 03:28 AM
@Traveling Merman: If I can go to this I'll bring a merman-tail with me too (it's based on Mer-Sora from Kingdom Hearts) ;)

Sishakir
08-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Okay, how about the date that was mentioned before (november 9th and maybe 10th)? Has anyone had trouble with this or why are we discussing about the date again?

Mermaid_Dominique
08-13-2013, 05:18 PM
The 9th or 10th are fine by me :)

Mermaid Fenicia
08-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Don't have a convention that week, I'll need to ask my boyfriend if he has to work then ;)

*Celine*
08-13-2013, 06:26 PM
up untill now, that should work for me.

Sishakir
08-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, another question until we know if the date fits everyone: how do you plan to time the mer-meet? Do you arrive at tropical island in the morning/during lunch-time and leave in the evening or do you plan to stay overnight? I myself am still thinking about both possibilities - if the meeting is planned to end in the evening, I might drive back home the same day or do some stuff in Berlin itself.

Echidna
08-14-2013, 09:23 AM
^^Good point!
Myself, I was planning on getting there on the 8th, and on the 9th and 10th, to spend the whole day inside coz the entry fee is hefty :p
Because of the distance, I'll have to stay a few days anyway.
We can of course set a time for the meet itself; maybe sometime around noon, so we have the whole afternoon?

ps. Glad to hear you got your tail, I hope you like it :)

Mermaid Fenicia
08-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Best is in the morning, as we'll have more time together ;)

Sishakir
08-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Well, in fact, I have to admit that their pricing still confuses me ;) is it 35€ and just the 20€ for the night for each day after the first one or how does this work?
My mom just told me that she doesn't want to drive there just for one day, so we'll stay for two days, too but I am not entirely sure if we'll be there on friday or until sunday ^^

yeah, I'm really happy with my tail,caltuna..I still would have prefered a neoprene one but it is worth every euro I spent for it - my mom is just thinking about getting herself a magictail, too since she saw mine. ;) I am currently working on some hair clips and so on..I hope, everything will be finished until November. How about the tail you wanted to make? Is it finished already? (Sorry if there is a thread about this, I don't have the time to look through the whole forum due to the full time job I have until September)

Echidna
08-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Hm, not completely sure how the pricing works either, but if you book lodgings in the complex, you can stay at the beach/lagoon/whatever during the night, which is certainly cool.

Try to get your mother a tail, it's so much more fun to mermaid together! :)
I wish my mother would get one, but she's afraid I'd make her perform in my team as soon as she has one :lol:

Oh and yea, I made a dozen tails already, and have plans for a bunch more too lol.
I tend to slightly overdo things :p

Sishakir
08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Yeah, the first thing I was excited about when I read on their homepage was the question how the evening/night would be ;)

I am trying to convince my mom about getting her a tail but I'll have to wait until the weather gets warmer again to let her try mine in our pool. :)

well, so we're going to tropical island on that werkend, I guess?

Echidna
08-16-2013, 03:42 PM
yup, guess so.
Gather around noon at the 100m beach?

I've no idea about the dimensions, but I guess we'll spot each other if we're in our tails :D

Sishakir
08-17-2013, 02:18 AM
The hall seems to be really, really big - I hope, I won't get lost *prints the map*
After this weekend or maybe on sunday already, my mom and I will book stuff. Maybe we'll bring my sidter and her boyfried with us,too but they will mostly do their own stuff, I guess. ^^
so we'll meet at saturday, right?
My sister and I want to arrive in the morning but I don't know if we can convince our mom to drive at night ;)
I am so excited... A "beach" in November, pretty rooms, a lot of mermaids to meet... x.x

Echidna
08-17-2013, 09:34 AM
The hall seems to be really, really big - I hope, I won't get lost *prints the map*

I just hope the beach/water isn't so thronged with people we won't be able to see each other :p
And that we don't get there, pull out our tails, and then some industrious guard comes over and forbids it :jawdrop:

Mermaid Danielle
08-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I wish I could go, but travel costs would be just a bit to expensive, lol. Have fun!

Sishakir
08-18-2013, 09:29 AM
I will tell them about what we're about to do when I phone them for reservation etc. As long as we don't hurt anyone with the fluke, it shouldn't be much of a problem, I guess. :)
Well, I hope it won't we that full...I don't like having about half Germany around me o.O

Echidna
08-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Well, one never knows. Don't say too much at any rate!
They shouldn't have anything against (bathing suit) fabric tails.
I'll pack one of these, just to be safe.

Well, I hope it won't we that full...I don't like having about half Germany around me o.O
Hah! Seconded.
While it sucked missing the entire 6 weeks that were a record high in temperature due to a months-long fever, it was probably best I didn't try to get into an outdoor pool during that time...I can only imagine how bad the traffic must have been, judging from how full it is even on mildly warm days :rolleyes:

Mermaid_Dominique
08-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Same story here in the Netherlands, I have to advantage of living near the Belgium border but I hardly went to public pools during the hot weeks. Massive groups of people were all going to the beach and while I love the beach it wasn't worth getting stuck in traffic jams and struggling to find some space.

I have a question for the meeting though, are you supposed to have a swim certificate because I don't have one. I thought myself how to swim :P. I would hate it to turn out as a problem.

Echidna
08-20-2013, 07:10 PM
swim certificate? *headscratch*
what's that?
I only know of some dive-centers which require you to be scuba-certified.

And no, you most certainly won't need anything like that lol.
All the "ocean", the lagoon, and whatever else they have is 1,30m deep or such, suited for children and non-swimmers.
You'll be fine :D

Sishakir
08-27-2013, 06:26 AM
When I booked the rooms for my family, I asked if swimming there with a monofin was a problem and they told me that it would be okay.

Echidna
08-30-2013, 02:20 AM
I asked if swimming there with a monofin was a problem

Hehe ;) crafty!

I might leave my monofin at home, and just bring my tail since the water's so shallow there.
Less hassle carrying and handling a monofin too, just a nicely folded, inconspicuous fabric bundle :p

Sishakir
09-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, any clue about how many of us will be there? I myself am not quite sure about all the people who did not write anything in here for a whole while. I'd just like to know what to expect. ^^"

Mermaid Fenicia
09-02-2013, 04:19 AM
All depends on my operation and my boyfriend/mertender's work. I hope I know if I can go soon.

Mermaid_Dominique
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm definitely gonna try to join, I don't have a job right now so I have to make wise decisions concerning my money. I would like to say I'm in but it all depends on money, getting a job etc. :/

*Celine*
09-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm really going to try and come, but I'm afraid I can't tell for sure untill 2 weeks before the event because of school and rehearsals.

Mermaid Lilium
09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
No chance of me making it this year unfortunately =( I'll likely be stuck in the library writing my dissertation as I'm just starting my final year at university! Bah humbug! lol

Would anyone be interested in a UK based meet next year out of curiosity? =)

Mermaid Riia
09-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Ooo this sounds super tempting, but, no can do. Would love to, but I want to wait for my new tail. No way I'm swimming with the old one...
Uk based sounds good too :)

MermaidNadia
09-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi all,
are mermaids allowed to swim around in Tropical Islands? I've encountered a lot of apprehesion to mermaiding....no costumes, fins or whatever allowed!
I also live around Stuttgart, Caltuna, so when I'm done with my neoprene tail we can swim together if you're interested. I'm a middle-aged mermaid, though. Splash was my all-time favorite childhood film. I got to see it at the movies!

Echidna
09-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Sishakir asked whether monofins are allowed in TI, and they are.
There's not really that much a difference between a monofin and a tail ;)

But I know what you mean with apprehension...I always encounter animosity when I swim somewhere, even if I have only a monofin, or nothing at all besides a normal bathing suit- apparently, people just hate to see others swim a lot underwater.
Granted, most of those people are not a pretty sight either, especially underwater :p:p:p

Anyways, I'm always looking for new mers to meet and swim with Nadia,
and I'm delighted if it's an adult one for a change lol!

Mermaid Fenicia
10-04-2013, 04:02 AM
As I'm still recovering from my operation and be landlocked until 8 January, I can't go :(

Echidna
10-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Health comes first.
Speedy recovery!

Mermaid Fenicia
10-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Thanks caltuna ;)

Azurin Luna
10-04-2013, 06:55 AM
I can't make it either... financial problems :'(

Echidna
10-09-2013, 06:33 AM
One month to go!

I hope we get some numbers together.
I'm planning on bringing a mertender, who can help out and make some pictures.

Maybe we can even do a small choreography (the Lagoon would be nice for that if it isn't too full),
then we'd have something nice from the gathering to put up on youtube :)

Sishakir
10-22-2013, 03:52 AM
That sounds like a pretty good idea but I don't know if I already swam enough in my tail to perform anything for a video...^^"
I hope it won't be too full during the night...the light on the pictures was amazing - i won't sleep at all, I guess. ^^

Echidna
10-22-2013, 05:14 PM
That sounds like a pretty good idea but I don't know if I already swam enough in my tail to perform anything for a video...^^"
I hope it won't be too full during the night...the light on the pictures was amazing - i won't sleep at all, I guess. ^^

We needn't do a video if someone's not comfortable with it.
Just thought it would be a neat thing if we get quite a few mers together.
Right now, I'm not sure how many will come.
Erm...might be it's just the two of us? :p

Now that would be a bit underwhelming.
Not to say I wouldn't like to meet you, but we could do that without travelling through half the continent xD

Sishakir
10-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah, indeed. I had quite similar thoughts, too. ;)
Well, I don't think that anyone of those who didn't write anything in here for months will change his mind quickly enough to be there. :(

Echidna
10-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Ye, too bad.
Maybe we should consider meeting somewhere in the middle if it's just the two of us? :p

Sishakir
10-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Well, I will go to tropical island either way for we've already booked and almost my whole family will be there. If you prefer meeting somewhere else, we could do that on another date. ^^

Echidna
11-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Wow, your whole family?
They must be an enthusiastic lot! ;)

It took me quite a bit nagging to convince my mertender to take several days off work for an "European Mermeet".

We've planned it now, but I've had terrible bouts of headache the last days, and unless they are much better by Friday, I'll have to cancel my part
(it's so bad I couldn't even go for a walk in the garden, I'd probably pass out if I attempted to sit through an 800km travel at this point).

Sishakir
11-06-2013, 07:55 AM
I really hope you'll soon be fine again, headaches are evil stuff. :(

Echidna
11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Yes, they really are! :(
Especially when you're not sure if they might be some late complication from an accident
(had one about a year ago, since then the headaches started, but apart from a very slight fissure in the skull which appears to have healed, the docs haven't found a thing...)

So I won't make it this weekend to the meet. :shame:
I'm really sad to miss this opportunity to spend some days in the warmth and meet other mers.

I hope whoever goes has lots of fun and takes many pictures.

Pascal21M
01-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Will be there a meetup at RI??

Pascal21M
01-29-2014, 01:11 PM
TI I mean