PDA

View Full Version : Emily Angelfish - Does anyone have a tail made by her?

Mermaid Varshana
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
I see no reviews of anyone who's bought a tail from this maker. they seem pretty. Anybody hiding out there with one?

Mermaid Momo
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1004-Emily-Angelfish-Latex-Tails-Anyone-got-one&highlight=emily+angelfish

here's another thread with the same topic :)

Mermaid Varshana
05-03-2013, 06:53 PM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1004-Emily-Angelfish-Latex-Tails-Anyone-got-one&highlight=emily+angelfish

here's another thread with the same topic :)

...from 2 years ago that didn't really answer my question...like at all...lol

AniaR
05-03-2013, 07:58 PM
there are no reviews :p that's sort of an answer, it's "no" lol.

Mermaid Varshana
05-03-2013, 09:20 PM
....well, frag! That's no fun at all :'(

Winged Mermaid
05-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I honestly I can't remember having heard of anyone getting a tail from her. :/ Sorry I can't be of more help.

MerEmma
05-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I don't think anyone's really chosen her. Her paint jobs look gorgeous, though! I kinda feel like, personally, the price is a bit high for a latex tail. I'd say to email her and talk to her for a bit to see how you feel about it. (:

Mermaid Varshana
05-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I'm really weighing all of my options and asking this community all the questions I can't find outright answers for. Any tail is a big purchase and I want to get it right, you know? It kind of feels like most of the major tail makers are backed up for months or aren't taking orders right now. Vexing. Does latex wear out fast or something? Or is it just that lots of people are allergic to it?

MerEmma
05-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Latex does wear down over time, and a lot of people have allergies. Latex caulking is also of questionable health for your skin. There are a lot of reasons, haha.

Winged Mermaid
05-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Most tail makers are laid down with orders since summer is coming up. The reason you don't see much latex is becuase it has a lot of cons when compared to silicone. Especially if they're using caulking not actual latex, which most do :/ Pretty positive Emily Angelfish also uses the tin cure latex caulking not actual slip casting latex as well. Considering that, her tail prices are pretty high. Usually once a tailmaker starts using silicone they don't want to go back becuase it's that much better. Easier to work with, faster to cure, better longer lasting product in the end.

Mermaid Varshana
05-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Ah, thanks. I knew silicone was superior, I just didn't know by how much. Thanks for taking the time to clarify that :)

malinghi
05-04-2013, 03:30 AM
There's a profile field for what tailmaker's you've bought from, so I just searched Mernetwork for people who indicated having bought from Emily Angelfish. I found two results, but both people just selected every tailmaker on the list so I'm pretty sure the don't actually own tails from her.

AniaR
05-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Are they latex? I thought they were alex plus.

MerEmma
05-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I don't know if they're Alex or not, I was just using latex as a general term. I suppose it'd be a good idea to email her! :P

Mermaid Varshana
05-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I don't know if they're Alex or not, I was just using latex as a general term. I suppose it'd be a good idea to email her! :P

That, I have twice. I suppose this is all a very good sign that my first tail's maker is meant to be someone else, who is probably either going to be Shelly, Raven, or both sometime down the line :)