PDA

View Full Version : Lacy Mermaid Goddess

shimmygoddess
05-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I am going to the Outer Banks in about 2 weeks and I already made my daughter another mermaid tail for a photo shoot. I have it all finished now and want to work on some tops w/ shells. I had started a tail for me using the same scaled concept as hers, but gave up because I was getting bored. I had given up on having my tail for our trip. Then inspiration struck while I had insomnia and started a lacy one. I used 3 layers of nonstretch fabric, so as you can imagine it was a challenge. I just finished the waistband casing and laying out the strips of leftover fabrics and lace that I will attach at the bottom. I am not going to make a regular fluke, just have all the fabrics draping down. I am going to wear it w/ my seashell bra/belt set I made for my photo shoot from our last beach trip.

here is a quick pic

Mermaid Annariea
05-08-2013, 03:30 AM
it's so pretty :D

ShyMer
05-08-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm excited to see how your personal style is going come through with this one.
i hope you enjoy your trip!

MerAnthony
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Interesting. I would love to see when finished.

MerMarla
05-11-2013, 06:15 PM
The lace is beautiful, and would flow so gently in water! I can't wait to see some pix! Just lovely!

Miyu
07-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Oh that's awesome! I was planning on making a "dry tail" with some lace in in the fluke... yours is a vision is white, though! Can't wait to see pics!

Marie-Josie Cayer
08-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm sure it can be a nice dress too if you customize it. Good work! Like the creativity behind it.

PearlieMae
08-20-2013, 09:23 AM
I love the idea of making concept tails, not necessarily swimming/performance tails! This is beautiful!

My initial design for my entry into the Coney Island Mermaid Parade this year was beaded lace and pleated chiffon from a vintage gown, but it wasn't a big enough scale (hahaha!) for a parade. But it could be absolutely lovely as an art piece for a photo shoot. These were the parts:

I would love to see more Mer Couture like your white lace tail! Can't wait to see the photos!

shimmygoddess
01-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I ended up never using this at all. It looked pretty on the floor and I thought it would work, but was missing something, so I have put it away until inspiration strikes...LOL