PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to earrings?

Mermaid Enhydrina
05-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Does anybody here where clip-ons or ear-cuffs in the water? I can't where normal earrings and I was wondering if anyone had experience with other ear accessories.

MerMarla
05-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi Mermaid Enhydrina!
I used to wear pierced earrings, but my waist length hair got caught in them. Then I went to loops, they were better, as long as they weren't a pierced back, but a full loop. I lost clip-ons too, they were the first that went bye bye, again my hair pulled them off. I don't know about cuffs, never wore them. Good luck, maybe you will discover a way!
me, Mermaid Marla

Mermaid Varshana
05-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Cuffs are awesome. I think they'd be great in the water. Etsy has some amazing artists that do them.

Aziara
05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Little tip... Real ear cuffs are expensive. I bought a pair of small silver toe rings, they work great as ear cuffs. Never worn them to swim in, but they're pretty secure, I doubt they would come off.

Theobromine
05-11-2013, 09:24 PM
I looove ear cuffs!! I don't have pierced ears so I collect ear cuffs that I find at fairs and festivals. I have never worn them in the water, though. I'm pretty sure they would get tangled in my hair, and I don't know how easily they would rust or corrode. It would be worth a try though! They don't have to be expensive either. I have some really lovely ones I got for under $30. I will see if I can post some pictures of them later once my stupid internet is working again (posting this from my phone).

Mermaid Varshana
05-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Pssst...coat them in clear nail polish to stop them from rusting :) etsy sells many for less than $25.

Mermaid Enhydrina
05-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I own a couple ear-cuffs and there is a store at my mall that sells them for less than ten dollars so cost isn't a problem.
Kakarotte: Thanks for the nail polish tip, I was wondering about rusting!

seagirls626
05-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Ear Wraps (made by Louise Devery) are really pretty!! I have a pair but I don't know about swimming in them...I'd have to coat them with clear nail polish first, but I don't really want to swim with them anyway.

Mermaid Dottie
05-16-2013, 04:51 PM
I got a pair of these from my hubby for Christmas. I use regular pearl studs to keep them on while swimming, and keep my hair tied back. This girl makes all KINDS of gorgeous stuff. Tell her Dottie sent you.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/129221821/pair-of-mermaid-ocean-inspired-elf?ref=shop_home_active (http://www.etsy.com/listing/129221821/pair-of-mermaid-ocean-inspired-elf?ref=shop_home_active)

zunialark
05-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Ear cuffs are best-suited earrings for ears. Nowadays, many distinctive types of ears cuffs are available made for different occasions.

Mermaid_Aurora
05-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I'd try ear wraps, or adhesive jewelry. I found a few pieces of jewelry (body gems, for example) on etsy that you just glue on anywhere, ears, belly, face, wherever, with a little bit of spirit gum and they're suppose to stay on just fine. Plan on getting some for myself actually. You could probably use some of those as earrings.