PDA

View Full Version : What to do about goggles...

seagirls626
05-16-2013, 01:11 PM
I have a pair of clear goggles, which is as close as I can really get to nothing. There isn't a lake or anything like that near us, so I can only swim in pools (Ow!). I know there it's much I can do to look more natural, but this is just a brainstorm thread :D. Also, I can't put milk in my eyes because I am allergic to it...

Echidna
05-16-2013, 01:38 PM
You can try putting a (mildly antibiotic) eyesalve into your eyes before, and after swimming.
Depending on the traffic of the pool, you can also just close your eyes when underwater, then you won't need goggles.

I wouldn't recommend that though, I usually hate goggles, caps and stuff, but they are needed.
Even in pools, there's lots of dirt floating around.
I wouldn't go into a lake without goggles either!

Gem Stone
05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
just thinking out loud here, but with as many objects as people lose everywhere, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that a mermaid might have picked up a pair of goggles and started using them, just in case you need them and someone questions the authenticity of it

Mermaid Annariea
05-16-2013, 06:01 PM
if i ever needed to use goggles and a kid asked me why, i would compare them to glasses.
"well, you know how some people can't see so well, so they have to wear glasses? these are just underwater glasses for mermaids! they stay on when i'm swimming!"

Mermaid Allie
05-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Annariea thats brilliant!!

Mermaid_Aurora
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
if i ever needed to use goggles and a kid asked me why, i would compare them to glasses.
"well, you know how some people can't see so well, so they have to wear glasses? these are just underwater glasses for mermaids! they stay on when i'm swimming!"

... I was literally JUST thinking about this today. I know for a fact I'm going to need goggles for long-term swimming because my eyes are way too sensitive, and I was trying to figure out a reason a mermaid would have them other than just saying "I found them" if a kid asked about it. So, I like this idea, a LOT xD

Ponytales
05-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Go with the "mermaid glasses" explanation, and add some cute tiny seashells or designs around the sides or over the buckle, maybe wrap or dangle some plastic seaweed from the strap to make em look more "Oh I found this on the ocean floor!"

Jadestone
05-31-2013, 03:22 AM
Haha, I actually need my goggles as glasses anyway--my eyesight is really bad, I have prescription lenses in them just so I can see when I'm swimming : P

I'm going to try to mermaid-ify my older pair with netting, seaweed, and possibly sculpy this summer.

But in general, I'd say save your eyes and wear them. You can always take them off for a few seconds every now and then for pictures if you want :)

TaurielTheElementMerfairy
07-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi every mer. I just got a pair of blue medley u.s. divers adult swim goggles at Walmart today. They have blue lenses strap and frame all in blue. I was wondering since I wear glasses every day in my "human" form (don't have a tail yet but I might get mine this month) and I was wondering if its going to be ok if I use them as my mermaid swim glasses and a pair of matching nose clip from the same store and company and I would look kinda funny holding my nose with my goggles on since I can't hold my breath with out holding my nose with my hand and I'm trying to be realistic as a mermaid as I can. I like her comment about using the goggles as my mermaid glasses so that's what I'll say to kids if they were to ask me about them. Please let me know as soon as you can about what I had to say above cause I still have them both un opened and I can return them for any reason if I needed to but I proberly won't. I'm not sure if I can add some matching starfish and pearls to my goggles so they look like I found them under water as a mermaid and I can ask anyway and see what she says about them and post here on what she says. I just would like to hear what other mers have to say about my ideas. I hope to hear from you soon. :D :) :D :) :D :)

Little_Orca
07-03-2013, 01:30 AM
What about having a set of goggles for photos? You can decorate them with shells and other nautical items. Maybe make them hipster-mer ish? Just a thought. ;)