PDA

View Full Version : Post your fav swimming spot!

Mermaid Marissa
05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
I've been trying to think of some places where we could all meet up and I was curious what places do you guys tend to go to when the lake gets warmer.

Bellasea
05-24-2013, 07:54 AM
I always swim in Duck Lake and Lake Michigan. DNR website (http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?type=SPRK&id=446) The Glen Lakes, up in Glen Arbor near Sleeping Bear, are also very beautiful. Glen Arbor Chamber of Commerce website (http://www.visitglenarbor.com/)

Nashoba
06-02-2013, 01:59 AM
I'm in Indiana, so I'm partial to Salamonie or Mississinewa reservoirs, myself. They're close and I spent a lot of time on Salamonie, while growing up.

Cordelia
06-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I went to a pretty beach in Lake Bluff, but it was expensive, so going there often was not an option. Another time, I went to the little beach just near Navy Pier with family and friends. It was pretty clean and well kept-up, and we just had to pay for parking (which is a lot in the city, but when divided up wasn't too terrible). I was also looking up some of the beaches along the lake front and saw that one of the Chicago beaches has a mermaid statue in its park. I thought that was pretty cute!

What ever the case may be, we should definitely find time to meet up this summer! Hopefully the weather starts warming up again. I haven't stuck my head outside today to check it out, but I'm glad the sun is shining!

Mermaid Marissa
06-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Another time, I went to the little beach just near Navy Pier with family and friends. It was pretty clean and well kept-up, and we just had to pay for parking (which is a lot in the city, but when divided up wasn't too terrible). I was also looking up some of the beaches along the lake front and saw that one of the Chicago beaches has a mermaid statue in its park. I thought that was pretty cute!

What ever the case may be, we should definitely find time to meet up this summer! Hopefully the weather starts warming up again. I haven't stuck my head outside today to check it out, but I'm glad the sun is shining!

I would love to know where the mermaid statue is! I didn't know we had one in Chicago! We should definitely do a meet up especially when the tall ships come in to Navy Pier. I've heard some whispers about pirates this year in August.

Mer_Adella
06-05-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm going to be on a ship for Tall Ships when they sail into Bay city Mi :) There is also the Coast Guard Fest/ Pirate Fest in Grand haven, MI in august that I will be working in the Mermaid Lagoon

Cordelia
06-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Yay! The tall ships are so fun! I got to help raise a sail and my sister got to shoot a cannon. :D Mer_Adella, that is so awesome! I don't think they'd have much room for a lagoon in Chicago, since the ships dock right off of Navy Pier. : /

Mermaid Marissa
06-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Yay! The tall ships are so fun! I got to help raise a sail and my sister got to shoot a cannon. :D Mer_Adella, that is so awesome! I don't think they'd have much room for a lagoon in Chicago, since the ships dock right off of Navy Pier. : /

We could over by Buckingham Fountain. That dock has tons of room!

steeld00d
07-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Ohio St. Beach is a good place in Chicago. The water is very clean considering there's a filtration plant next to it. Also, the mermaid statue is apparently off of the lake at 41st St. I thought it was further up north, but It looks like the park district moved it a few years back. It's probably become a Sox fan at this point.

Jadestone
07-17-2013, 08:14 PM
If you guys do go to the Tall Ships in Chicago, let me know!! I'll be back in town that weekend and would LOVE to join in!

Mermaid Marissa
07-19-2013, 06:45 PM
If you guys do go to the Tall Ships in Chicago, let me know!! I'll be back in town that weekend and would LOVE to join in!

I'm most likely going :D I'll will message you to work out details if you want :)

Jadestone
07-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm most likely going :D I'll will message you to work out details if you want :)

It'd be great if you could let me know when you're doing things--right now it looks like I actually might be busy during the day of Saturday and possibly sunday ( :( ) because my mom signed me up to play in a hockey tournament, but I don't know when the games are exactly yet so it's still possible I could make either of those days as well as friday.

Mermaid Marissa
07-22-2013, 12:59 AM
It'd be great if you could let me know when you're doing things--right now it looks like I actually might be busy during the day of Saturday and possibly sunday ( :( ) because my mom signed me up to play in a hockey tournament, but I don't know when the games are exactly yet so it's still possible I could make either of those days as well as friday.

I'm not 100% sure what I'll be doing and when. A friend and I will be in tails probably handing out shells and stuff to kids. You are more than welcome to join us :) message me on here so you can text me to meet up with us :D

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 06:35 PM
I was at duck lake like 3 weeks ago great place

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm in Indiana, so I'm partial to Salamonie or Mississinewa reservoirs, myself. They're close and I spent a lot of time on Salamonie, while growing up.

Nver been there Ivee been thinking egale creek, I'lll have to look that up.

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Has any one ever swam in lake sweet water or cordy