PDA

View Full Version : Monofin Insight Needed

Disfusional
05-21-2013, 12:52 AM
I finally have the money saved up to create my own tail. I am very excited. I have found a site that has large blade monotone for smaller feet. As I continue to read over the different type of monofins; i am stuck between two styles. I would love for some experienced help deciding.

Here is the web page: http://www.freedivershop.com/fins-and-monofins/freediving/freediving-monofins.html

I have been up in the air between the "Model 2" and the "Nemo".

I plan on going with a medium stiffness. However, I am puzzled as to which style would best suit mermaid-ing.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mermaid Allie
05-21-2013, 07:37 PM
I have heard excellent things about the Model 2 fin. The only thing is that I heard it ran small/the foot pockets hurt? Hold on ill find the review thread. I think both of them would work, but the second one has those annoying ridges on them, and idk if you would be bothered by that like me haha.

Mermaid Allie
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
LindseyLu had one I think... and it was a bit uncomfortable. If you are doing alot of prolonged swimming, the foot pockets on the Nemo will probably feel better! I think the propulsion would be about equal.

Disfusional
05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Thank you so much for the reply. This helps a lot! I tried to find reviews on a couple different sites; no such luck.

I typically always wear neoprene sock with my mono fins (due to having a size 5.5 US shoe size). As for the ridges, it will be coated in silicone, not really worried about that.

Mermaid Allie
05-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Okay! No problem :)

I also have a tiny foot, so I totally get it lol.