PDA

View Full Version : Dolpin or Orca formed silicone tail

spottedcatfish
05-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Hi all,

I have been thinking of what tail I'd get if I got a silicone tail, one day. Now I know most tail makers are busy during this time of year, and if you are not ready to purchase a tail, they generally would rather focus on those people who are going to purchase a tail rather than those who are still looking, but are curious. So I am curious, and I have a question I'd loved answered. is it possible to make a dolphin or orca tail from silicone? And what tail maker could pull it off well? I have only seen one tail like this done by the Mertailor, on his Facebook page.

Arella
05-21-2013, 06:31 AM
I don't know why you wouldn't be able to, the tail would just have to be cast smooth instead of scaly and then painted accordingly aI guess. You could always email the tail maker when you are ready to order :)

Finfolk Productions
06-13-2013, 11:32 PM
It IS possible and we have actually been planning/hoping on designing a blue whale and/or orca tail sometime in the future. If you are ever interested in ordering a tail and collaborating on a project like this we would love to work with you. :)

Finfolk Productions
06-13-2013, 11:34 PM
If you want to talk more in depth shoot us a message on our facebook page. We check it regularly. :D

Mermaid Lorelei
06-15-2013, 11:05 PM
I've been thinking about working on a tail like this myself, now that my first tail is basically finished. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dolphin Man
12-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Hi Spottedcatfish. I wanted something like an orca tail, too, and got one from another tail maker. Your post is a number of years old, so I'm wondering if you've ordered one and how it came out.