PDA

View Full Version : Digital Artist Needed

MermaidHyli
05-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone,
I've made a design to use on my work and on my photos but I cannot for the life of me make it digitally. I've looked through Deviant Art but don't even know who to ask or where to begin. Would someone be willing to lend a fin to produce ny creation as a logo or at least give me the scoop on how to :) It is my avatar photo right up there top left haha thank you so much!

Ariel-Starfish
05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Same here! I would like a logo from my own but I don't know where to start :( I suck at digital editing >_<

ShyMer
05-24-2013, 09:40 AM
You could use ink scape to do it, or if you have it, illustrator. I could maybe do it for you, but seeing as you were able to make your logo yourself, I think you could do it :)

One option is to trace over it in ink scape, which is still pretty doable with a mouse. If there's a way to do this automatically, i dont know what it is. I havent touched any vector based graphics in a few years. Ink scape is free I believe, by the way

MermaidHyli
05-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Neat! I'll give it a shot. I run on a mac so I'm hoping that doesnt make too much of a difference. If I cant handle it Id love to see what you could do Shy Mer :)

Mermaid Momo
05-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Same here! I would like a logo from my own but I don't know where to start :( I suck at digital editing >_<
If you have an idea of what you want, maybe look for free images to use? Like silhouettes and change the colors and add things to your liking?

I also do logos, you can see the one I made for shadow fancy on their Facebook

Mermaidmechanic
05-24-2013, 09:26 PM
11406 I gave it a quick shot. Sorry, I couldnt see your signature well enough to duplicate it. Too pixilized. :(

NerineArcticMermaid
05-24-2013, 09:30 PM
I do logo work as a professional artist. I must stress this before I get bombarded for request. I do not work for free. There is a minimum $20 consult fee. Many simple logos can be done for $75 or less. If you check on Facebook. I have a company I recently did their logo. Pair of Aces Outdoor Maintenance.

Mermaidmechanic
05-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Just so you know, if you wanted I can easily change background color or the circle frame if you dont like it. I could also add the signature in if you put up a better quality picture. It's just hard to copy when its so tiny. Its fairly easy to trace it in photoshop, but I know how hard it can be with a mouse. I have a drawing tablet so I figured I would lend you a hand.

Mermaid Kelda
05-26-2013, 09:24 AM
There's a great program called Vector Magic, which will give you a relatively good vector which you can then fine-tune in Inkscape. You can pay for it in three-month lots (I think it's about $20) or you can always just use the trial :)

MermaidHyli
05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Neat! I'll give it a shot. I run on a mac so I'm hoping that doesnt make too much of a difference. If I cant handle it Id love to see what you could do Shy Mer :)

Wow that looks great! I never really thought to add a..background? Not sure what to call it. But yes ill give all these a shot and see what I can come up with..my fiance and I just moved into our new house so no internet yet..hopefully by next week

MermaidHyli
07-01-2013, 05:05 PM
I've tried ink scape and vector magic but still cant seem to get the hang of it. I have the design (super pixelated :( ) and the font for my name...just can't put it together :/ also I love the opacity of certain logos I've seen. If I owned photoshop this would be a breeze but I don't. Would any one be willing to assist in making a logo for me?

Mermaid Momo
07-01-2013, 08:13 PM
What dpi are you drawing it at? And does Inkscape or vector magic have a transparency field?

MermaidHyli
07-02-2013, 12:00 AM
What dpi are you drawing it at? And does Inkscape or vector magic have a transparency field?

Thats where you lose me haha I drew it out took a picture and mechanical mermaid did a good job turning it into a logo its just all pixels
Both programs from what I can tell dont have it.

Mermaid Momo
07-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Mmm...okay, so to figure out the dpi (which is usually the reason for an image being really pixelated if the dpi is really small and you enlarge the image) there should be a resize option under either image or edit (I've never used those programs so I'm just guessing) and when you click on resize image the window that pops up should tell you the dpi or ppi. I usually use a dpi of 300 which is print quality. Though if you change the dpi now the image will get smaller.
to make it transparent (you don't want the whole thing transparent right ? Just the background color?) it's easiest to have different layers.

ShyMer
07-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Going back to what I said originally, if you trace over it with inkscape (or whatever), you don't have to worry about resolution. The cool thing about vector graphics is that it's based on mathematical algorithms, so it stays the same when you change the size. You could blow up your logo to the size of your house and it would look as smooth as you originally made it.
You could place your original image in the logo on inkscape, but unless you change it from a bitmap type image, it's still going to look blocky when it zooms in, because your original drawing is probably very small.
This might not be a problem for a while, but if you ever need to blow up your image to make a banner or put on coffee mugs or something, you'd need the flexibility of a vector image.

And yes, you should be able to do transparency in layers. If I remember correctly, you should also be able to set transparency with individual paths (shapes) on each layer as well.

Mermaidmechanic
07-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I can fix it for you, I think i still have the file saved. Just send me the font for your name and I'll put it all together for you. :)