PDA

View Full Version : What I've been using for makeup lately

Aziara
05-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Well, it would seem I've developed some sort of adverse reaction to normal mineral makeups... I get this awful taste in my mouth and I just generally feel yucky... So I had to get really creative. Interestingly enough, I find that my skin and lips still look nice the day after, even though all of the stuff is long gone. For lipstick, I took a little juice from a can of beets, and mixed in a little bit of cocoa powder to make it thicker and more brown/red (if you want a more hot pink, you could mix in beet powder. I just like my lipstick to be brownish). It goes on really dark, so I have to blot most of it off, but the beet juice is VERY staining, so my lips stay pink! I wore it yesterday, and today my lips look like I've just bitten them. Now, my solution for foundation may not work for everyone. Keep in mind I have very red skin on my face, but the rest of my body has very yellow tones. So, I mixed cornstarch with a little turmeric for a pale yellow concealer. Turmeric, like beet juice, stains like crazy, so be sure not to wear a white shirt when you apply. Turmeric is also anti-inflamitory, so I think that also helps banish the red from my complexion. A little cocoa powder for eyeshadow, and I'm done! Something I have seen online that I haven't tried yet is mascara...supposedly it can be made from a mix of aloe vera gel and charcoal capsules.

Theobromine
05-28-2013, 01:38 AM
That's pretty cool! It reminds me of this website: http://www.crunchybetty.com/ She released an e-book about natural cosmetics and skincare called Food on your Face.

Aziara
05-28-2013, 08:42 AM
That blog is totally getting bookmarked! That's a great help

Theobromine
05-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Glad I could be of assistance :D