PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix comicon 2013

Odette
05-29-2013, 01:17 PM
for those who didn't come, The panel was a blast!I had a great turn out.I can't believe i just about filled the room.
I got to the panel room,tail covered in a bed sheet with masking tape, and everyone was already inside, so i asked the moderator to help me find a place to change.I knew there would be kids and he told me there were some upfront so we went through the room next to it which was the art room. backstage i changed.forgot my vaseline so i used my friends coconut lotion to get my tail on.they set up my computer for me.then my mermaid handler picked me up and took me out into the room.I heard everyone kinda gasp and i couldn't help but smile as i was placed on the table.i saw hello to the audience,my computer had problems,and i finally started the panel.One thing i do that i don't think i got on camera was my water bit.i drink some water then pour it onto my tail.They love it.I introduced myself and what i do as well as how much i do.We had some laughs, the kids asked random questions through the panel.I loved the shark question!I did my best to present a lot of information, but still leave room for kids to believe im real.That's the most important thing to me.This is the only time they have to freely imagine and believe in the unthinkable before someone or something takes that away.Did fairly good, but when grandmas come up and ask, i try to say something like "i'm real, but i think some may use silicone or neoprene to look like me" and after the panel everyone wants a picture, or at least most of the kids and parents. i let some of them pour water on my tail. super fun.11499
after i changed back into a human, i went to my hotel, dropped off the tail,got food,and showed up late for the pool party. like before,I had to find a place to change away from the kids so i changed in the corner off of the elevator.My wonderful boyfriend brought me out to the pool.I made quite an entrance. the pool party manager ended up entering me into a costume or swimwear contest..Thanks!met up with some wonderful mermaids!!!loved meeting everyone.the pool was packed! almost like a fish barrel.hardly room to swim.we were all trying to zig zag thru the people and i decided to shark.Great DJ's playing some of my favorite songs.I loved everyone's outfits.fun costumes and bikinis.I met a princess bubblegum bikini girl. she was so sweet.It was also hard to hear so not the best place for a meetup but still had fun meeting everyone.Loved it!Oh, and i won the contest.didn't know how to feel since its my job to look like a legit mermaid and i don't like to enter contests since its a business,but i am thankful for the compliment andi got free bikinis11502
I got so much planned for next PCC. Being a mermaid for potentially 3 different areas of the convention and next year ill be a mermaid all 4 days. we shall see what happens.In the mean time, i should be making an appearance in New Mexico.planning that out now.so anyone in Albuquerque wants to see me,thats gonna happen.