PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Rave video premieres in July!

Odette
05-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I've been working hard with an electric and an optical engineer to make an amazing underwater lighting video.It will be a series of water, light, and bubble effects.I got a really amazing burst of bubbles figured out.Its so intense. i got only 6 things finished so far including the comeback of my glotail. so its one video.I won't reveal a lot now, but i want to know if anyone wants to see something specific with lighting effects? anything! Let me know.I've got friggin scientists right now.:p

There is one thing that i'm working on that's super awesome and will work real well in the water,but i don't know if i should say or risk not telling and someone else tries it and you'll never know that i thought it first?It's a high powered thing that is green and $300 a piece.could use the cheaper kind and scarifice video quality for it,but i don't know yet.
Let me know what you think!!

Odette
10-17-2013, 08:55 PM
So this didn't get to happen because of my last minute mermaid tour "mist" ( mist because i only did a few gigs in different states in a span of 3-4 months and some were private gigs. one left on Halloween weekend) BUT, here is a video of a cool effect im working on.The bubble jet! I wanted to get it to be " Las Vegas" good, but that's overwhelmingly expensive and super dangerous.I want to get my project to stream bubbles downward at 20ft. Found out that's not possible. lol I figured a way to make it work but won't have video for a long time. no pools open right now =/ the lighting worked fairly well. I like how the camera was able to go from dark to bubbles. That's good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4L-mEFtQE

Blaze
10-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Nifty!

PearlieMae
10-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Not sure what I was looking at, but then again I am on a phone and not a computer.

Odette
04-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Hello! really busy, but I wanted to start sharing some details on my project iv'e been working on for years. This blurry picture is one of many different themed scenes that will be taking place underwater and put on film this summer. Other hints I feel comfortable dropping are "10ft glowing figure", "light rain", and " glowing silicone fish puppet".

It's all tied together in a story that will be a series of videos and Photos that should last me all the way until maybe 2016 to finish.

Glotail will come back better than ever. Instead of a few LEDs I'll try for about 35 diodes and instead of fabric, im looking into a material that will properly diffuse the whole tail without seeing the individual LEDs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnnsoHhfll8 I should be posting more on my Facebook so please stop by and say hello!
Love,
Mermaid Odette- The Swimming Mermaid of Arizona

ShyMer
04-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Looks exciting!

Odette
06-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Here is a better photo of the bubble jet and some other pieces. I'm showing a preview video on Saturday at Phoenix comicon at my "Mermaid 101" panel. A preview of "Spectrum" here are some stills from the footage: (Quality could be better, but I have no idea what i'm doing with a camera lol)

Odette
06-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Finally got a small video preview of what I am calling "Spectrum- A mermaid dream" I showed it at my "Mermaid 101" panel but it was unfortunately too dark. You can see some of the awesome but i need a little more light on it.I'll be getting help now from an Optical engineer and an extremely professional videographer and phototgraphers who know what settings to use and what lighting circumstances will yield the best results. Some of this stuff is so new to underwater that it will hopefully blow your fin socks off :cool:
I will show it after i post these underwater photos for you fishies!
THIS IS BLACK LIGHT UNDERWATER
THIS IS A BUNCH OF FLASHING COLORS WITH THE BLACK LIGHT STILL ON
AND THIS IS ME WITH THE BUBBLE JET PROP I MADE(NOTICE HOW THE BLACK LIGHT IS OFF AND THE LINES ON MY FACE ARE GONE?):eyebrows:

jukumerboii
06-10-2014, 02:12 AM
I can't wait to see this video!! I'm excited as hell!!

Odette
06-10-2014, 02:25 AM
I can't wait to see this video!! I'm excited as hell!!
I'm excited to hear that, thanks! It's so different from anything I have ever seen that I wasn't even sure if anyone would even like my magical world.

Odette
06-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Not up to my standard yet, but it is just a preview of what I am doing. You can follow the link to read the story line behind this creation of innovation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EplDuVeGQ

jukumerboii
06-16-2014, 09:40 PM
OK that got me really hyped lol! I love all the colours and flashing lights!!