RêveD'eau
05-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Customer Service (communication, speed of response to Q's): 5/5
Quality of Product (even paint job, clean detail work): 5/5
Functionality (swimming ease, fit according to my measurements): 5/5
Accuracy of My Idea (color, design, etc..): 5/5
Production/Delivery Time: (time between payment and delivery): 5/5

Overall: You guessed it, 5/5!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their customer service is above and beyond. When I was still shopping around for a new silicone tail, I contacted Mernation about their availability, the weight of the tail, etc. I have a trip coming up (July 6, 2013) and wanted a new tail for it. The very same day, my questions were answered completely and clearly. I had not even committed to buying one and they gave me all the information about sizing and an estimated timeline. Very awesome of them, might I say. Moving forward, any question I had was answered within 24 hours, generally much quicker. When I committed to buying, I was given easy to understand instructions for measuring. I sent it out, with a photo that I had colored myself and they started working.

During the entire process, I received photos of my tail (scale sheet, fluke, prepainted, with a few coats, and completed). After they had started production, I selfishly decided that I wanted a blended waist, to which they graciously let me have! Before they started airbrushing, they gave me a call to confirm color selection and go over the details to make sure it was exactly how I wanted. That, my friends, is quality customer service. They care a lot about your vision and making it perfect!

I paid on April 22nd and it was sitting on my doorstep by May 18th. Granted, I did put a rush order on it but SERIOUSLY! LESS THAN A MONTH! LESS. THAN. A. MONTH. Unbelievable. The colors were dead on (better than I had even hoped! Coloring skills are something I am not gifted with) and beautiful. I was nervous about the stripes, but they blend like some real badass looking fish. Natural and fintastic, obviously.

It swims awesome as well. The silicone suctions it your body so you are very streamline and comfortable. I can swim way faster because there is no drag and you can see the shimmery paint job underwater. It weighs approx 32 lbs.

It came with care instructions and tips to get it on. All in all, I have never dealt with a company so customer oriented. They did a really phenomenal job and I couldn't have asked for better. Definitely worth every penny.

www.facebook.com/MermaidCydney

MerEmma
05-31-2013, 08:01 AM
I love the colors on the tail!

Mernation
06-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks for sharing! It was a pleasure working with you :)

Taylor is a Mermaid
06-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I cannot wait to see what Mernation has coming up next. I love looking at their tails on Facebook. I especially like the V shape that the scales end in and how high on the tail the scales end before transitioning into the fluke. The silicone looks very smooth too; I don't see any bubbles or imperfections in the scales/fluke. From photos, it looks like they make some really great tails!

ShyMer
06-01-2013, 05:03 PM
They do look very nice. I think I might like to see a more organic fluke shape from them, but I think they're of to a great start. I look forward to seeing more from them <3

AniaR
06-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Is mernation the girls from the aquarium? Or is it someone separate who did the tails for the girls?

So glad you're so happy with your tail! You deserve it :) <3

Mernation
06-01-2013, 07:31 PM
AniaR,
My name is Michael and I am actually the owner of MerNation. I guess I'm also the artistic director/designer of the tails. Can't say I ever thought I would be making mermaid tails, but I have found it to be an amazingly fun and exciting business. I generally choose to not be the "face" of MerNation for personal reasons, but have chosen instead to have two of my good friends who work at the aquarium as my "models" and also do events for the company. MerNation is not associated at all with the aquarium, except as tail customers. The girls, Erin and Lauren, do help out making the tails and with online stuff and have been indespensible in helping start up the company. But ultimately, I am the person behind MerNation. I think I put up a picture of myself here too. not sure if it worked. Feel free to message us with questions. It is nice to meet you all. Thank you for your support and ideas.

Michael 11598

Ariel-Starfish
06-02-2013, 03:24 AM
After seen pictures and read some revieuws, your my second fave tailmaker!

WavyMermaidy
06-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Thank you so much, Cydney, for posting this review...because of this I have just contacted MerNation to start my own order. They got back to me right away after my initial contact this morning. Your tail is gorgeous, and I love the shape and color-design of the fluke. I am super excited to begin the process of getting a tail...big thanks!! And Michael, I am really looking forward to working with you and the girls :) I'm glad you introduced yourself here.

Christopher Chandler
06-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Gorgeous tail and glad to hear about the review. I will definitely drop them a line about a new tail.

WavyMermaidy
06-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Christopher, I definitely hope you contact MerNation about a tail...I got to meet them this weekend to start work on my tail, and they are FABULOUS! Awesome at communicating and customer service in general, excited about creating tails, very pleasant to work with. Such a great start to the process :)

Christopher Chandler
06-09-2013, 11:32 AM
I have heard the same great reviews about MerNation. I am leaning that way. I am going to MerPalozza and I think once I meet them in person I will finalize my decision. Thanks for the info!

MermaidNami
08-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I just emailed them today about a tail. I like what I've read