PDA

View Full Version : OMG THAT LOOKS STRANGLY LIKE A MERMAID?!! IS THIS $H!T FOR REAL???

Nyxie
05-31-2013, 05:34 AM
so i came across this vid just recently posted and i gotta say...my heart still hasn't stopped racing since watching it last night. this thing dominated my dreams last night and my thoughts all morning...i just have to talk about it, lol. i realize the footage is sketchy, but my mind can't get over the fact that whatever was on that rock was too; idk...mermaid-looking!!! could this be it?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EpCA29ctCM

Prince Calypso
05-31-2013, 05:48 AM
The Video is from the sequel of Mermaids: A Body Found, Mermaids: The New Evidence.
The video is not of a real mermaids nor are any of the mermaids recorded or discussed in the Mock-umentary.
The entire Documentary is made to raise the question of What If Mermaids Were Real? How would they have evolved, how would they look and how what occasion would lead to us discovering them.

Mermaid Kelda
05-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Don't mean to burst any bubbles, but that looks like a not-very-well-done animation. I don't have background in animation, but the movement looks very unnatural. Like they've just made a 3D model on the computer and told it to wriggle a bit, and moved it into the water (that's a bad description of what I mean, but I can't think of a better way to say it).

Edit: Calypso got in before me! I haven't seen A Body Found so I couldn't recognise it :P

Echidna
05-31-2013, 06:41 AM
Indeed, and the sequel was very disappointing imo.
While the first presented so many new interesting things, the second was just a reloaded hogwash of shaking footage and pseudo-sensational hype :(

Nyxie
05-31-2013, 06:51 AM
what a freakin bummer, shows just out of touch i am, lol...so disappointing!! on another note those videos sound interesting :thinks:on the hunt now ...

AniaR
05-31-2013, 06:51 AM
what they said. lol

Mermaid Dottie
05-31-2013, 11:30 AM
Yeah a friend posted that on my wall yesterday. Cracked me up. I think my response was, "Fastest mermaid I'VE ever seen!"

MermaidSarah
06-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I knew straight off from the first Mermaids:The Body Found it was a film made to present a theory of aquatic apes.I don't believe in the footage they got but the theory presents possibility so I do somewhat believe in the theory that mermaids exist but the footage looks a little CGIed if you know I mean.

Blondie
06-01-2013, 05:03 PM
At first I was kinda like "Whoa! look!" But the acting is SO BAD in this there's no way. Then I looked into it and people said it was a CGI. Plus, look at it when it goes into the water. It doesn't splash. It just fades away.

Ponytales
06-01-2013, 06:15 PM
See this is what I don't get about everyone getting so excited about this. The show has a disclaimer on it, if you watch from beginning to end. The footage itself is cgi, made obvious from their insistence on shaky-cam (watch the rock in that clip, see how it seems to 'move' in relation to the water?) And what I don't get most is that, if I saw something this amazing, I'd Google it to find more about it. And typing "real mermaid", "real mermaid footage" or "real mermaid video" brings up several articles on the mockumentary, usually as the first or second result. Why believe anything you see online without research? And even if you do believe in it, wouldn't you wanna know more about this mermaid?

Also, paranormal/unexplained video skeptic 101: If the camera, at any point in the vid, moves from the actual subject to focus on the reactions of other witnesses, its fake. No one looks away from a mermaid or a sea monster or Bigfoot or a UFO to catch their friend's reaction, they're just trying to show other people are there so its 'less fake'. Ditto for videos that are just panning around and just happen to catch a phenomenon.

spottedcatfish
06-02-2013, 01:47 AM
http://youtu.be/31g0YE61PLQ