PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for purchasing an Airbrush?

MerCat
06-03-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm looking to purchase an airbrush for future painting of my tail but I'm not sure what kind to buy. I already have a compressor so that's no big deal, I just need suggestions on good airbrushes to get :) Looking for something to paint the whole tail in and then to add detail. Will one airbrush do all of this? Help would be greatly appreciated mers!

cletusk20
07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Sadly, no an airbrush is a detail tool. If you have a decent compressor with enough cfm's. try harbor freight for an HVLP gravity feed gun, or if you don't mind longer spraying sessions. a siphon fed touch up gun.

ShyMer
07-02-2013, 04:53 PM
What's your budget?

MerCat
07-03-2013, 09:16 AM
We have a pretty big compressor, I'm needing something for just an overall color mostly. small details can be brushed on by hand. My budget is about 100, possibly higher if it's worth it.

Jeblily
07-03-2013, 01:58 PM
I absolutely love all the iwata products, but if you want something to do your whole tail with you would need something for larger application and iwata gets WAY to expensive. Unfortunately I don't know an airbrush that does large applications and small details :/ just isn't how an airbrush works. Be sure to check out craigslist for airbrushes the prices can be really great and that will help you stay near your budget. I love the pistol grips it makes it easier to do projects you know you will have to keep spraying for a while, so that when you do finish your tail your fingers don't fall off! Good luck! If you can try craiglsist and look for something like this http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/tls/3782371906.html.