PDA

View Full Version : Fishy Business: A Fishy Summer Youtube Series

AniaR
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey Folks, Mermaid Ama and I have started a new Web series to go with the Fishy Business fun stuff. A Fishy Summer! It'll document all our mermaid stuff with a lot of behind the scenes from now until September. I'm also writing a book along with it, that documents all the neat things we do, behind the scenes, and stuff we learn along the way.

The clips aren't anything professional, but sure are fun. In this one we document our attempts to learn to use the underwater housing for our T3i camera. We've previously always used an underwater point and shoot. Results were... interesting. Also shows Ama getting her tail on ;) lots of mertender Sean stuff, and all our attempts at getting shots! It goes back and forth between our two cameras. It took 12 hours to upload to youtube LOL because we have upload caps here....

http://youtu.be/Dw6ekCVwr7k

MerEmma
06-03-2013, 05:39 PM
WOW! So cool! Super exciting, too, seriously. The fins on your tail look great and I had quite a few good laughs, haha. I can't wait for another. I really enjoyed watching it, and I really needed it too. It was so nice and calming with the music and it made me feel so nice after having a bit of backlash this weekend. Seriously, gahhh, you and your tail are so pretty! <3

Mermaid Dottie
06-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Your hair is getting long, Raina.

AniaR
06-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Your hair is getting long, Raina.

Finally. My sister's hair is amazing. I want hair like that lol

Rain
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
>_< I was a little annoyed because my laptop froze while I was watching your video on youtube, and I am subscribed to so many people, I felt lazy to go through my subscriptions again to find it. Good thing the vid is posted here too! XD

Mermaid Dottie
06-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I like it. I also like that you're doing a whole summer of this. ^_^ gives me something to watch while I wait for netflix to update Dr Who and Warehouse 13. <3

AniaR
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Haha happy to keep you entertained. I figured it answers a lot of questions too :)

Mizuko
06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
loved it! :D This gets me inspired to try do some more underwater shoots ><

Mermaid Lorelei
06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Haha, loving this idea. :3

Mermaid Dottie
06-03-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm really excited, because this month I get two buy 2 books: yours, and Alveric's. =^.^=

Mermaid Kalliope
06-04-2013, 01:04 AM
I did an underwater shoot with Richard Rasner, and his pictures came out super awesome and he used what looks like a similar housing as you have. Maybe he might know a few tricks? I noticed that the T3i shots seemed a bit more out of focus than the point and shoot.

Just wondering! <3 Love it though. And *claps* for Ama!

AniaR
06-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Richard shoots outside typically doesnt he? And I bet he's got studio lights too ;) The camera just couldn't seem to focus because of lack of light we think. The instant it was out of the water even in the housing still it could focus. Also, the t3i was pretty small in that bag so it wasn't pushed up against the lens like we needed, and would sometimes try to focus on the housing's lens.

I wanna model for Richard. Our paths almost crossed once... lol but I got terribly sick and it was unseasonably cold

AniaR
06-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Second Instalment is up! World Ocean's Day. Where I spend 7 hours in my tail! There are a few clips of my teaching the kids, but I chopped the clips into smaller ones and only had a few because you simply can't hear what I am saying. We were mostly able to get footage when there wasn't people around. We must have seen about 1000 people at our first event, and about 100 at our second. Realllllllly busy day. Includes Ama and Naida.

p.s. I do know sea cucumbers have mouths.... I played dumb so my sister would touch it hahaha

http://youtu.be/Pm6kGSP_PNU

MerEmma
06-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Eeee, I just watched the entire thing. It looks like so much fun and I had some pretty great giggles here and there<3

MerMatt
06-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Raina, just wanted to say a big thanks for showing how your sis gets into your tail. By no means does it look smooth and now I understand why most of you mers don't show this in your videos. It has helped me understand the mountain I am going to climb once I get my tail from Jesse.

Mermaid Kalliope
06-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah, Richard shoots outside typically doesnt he? And I bet he's got studio lights too ;) The camera just couldn't seem to focus because of lack of light we think. The instant it was out of the water even in the housing still it could focus. Also, the t3i was pretty small in that bag so it wasn't pushed up against the lens like we needed, and would sometimes try to focus on the housing's lens.

I wanna model for Richard. Our paths almost crossed once... lol but I got terribly sick and it was unseasonably cold

Oh boo! He told me about that. :-( He's so awesome and fun! <3 I have another shoot on Monday! (The 10th) I hope I can do another underwater... Haha I need to work on my face. I had a "pinched" face in a lot of my photos. He said we'll go over them. I don't know about his studio lights, though... It had been converted into a leather workshop for ren faire during my shoot and I opted for a natural outside 1st shoot. (You can see them on his deviantART. I'm "The Explorer" set.)

I really hope you get to model for him! I get to do mermaid stuff with him when I get my Merbella tail! Actually, my underwater shoot you can see my mono fin. I couldn't swim as well without it. >< Oh, spoiled mers.

AniaR
06-08-2013, 09:31 PM
yeah it's just a matter of me getting to the states which I just don't have the money for!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-09-2013, 12:00 AM
XD Your Canadian voice! <3 Haha wow!

Loved the video! I love your hands on way of teaching! I'd love to do that here. I, personally, love the teaching/education take you have on mermaiding and would love to incorporate it into what I do. I just don't want to feel like I'm copying you. >< Always my worry. Haha I don't want to seem like I'm copying someone just because I'm doing it second (or third or whatever).

I can't believe that a kid actually tried to eat your sand dollar! Haha eww! Sea cucumbers! <3 They're so slimy and awesome.

Raina - We need to get a fund to get you out here! >:0

XMermaidMarinaX
06-09-2013, 12:50 AM
You realizing how canadian you sounded, then going all canadian on us.. Ohmygod I just died xD

devilkitten1
06-09-2013, 01:38 AM
That was really educational. Didn't know the scilicone tails were so hard to get on! Is it beacuse they fit like a second skin? And stick to you? And how did you manage to get the pools to yourselves?

AniaR
06-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Haha. Glad you like my little Canadian blurbs haha

Kalani- I wouldn't feel like you were copying me, no more than I would if another teacher used my lesson plan or something. lol. The goal is to teach kids about the ocean so go for it!

Devilkitten1- Yeah silicone sticks to you, even wet. We rented the pool super late at night, but we only rented the small one and the big one they gave us for free!

Mermaid Kalliope
06-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Raina - Yayness! <3 There are a lot of local things to be aware of over here that I want to bring into my "teachings". We have the opposite for sharks than you, but they don't usually attack. ^_^

AniaR
06-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Video #3 is up: Birthday Parties

Check out the awesome bag I use for my tail, how we get the tail and gear around, and behind the scenes of parties!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOznfN1a9_o

MerEmma
06-10-2013, 08:02 PM
I really enjoyed it, eeee! <3

Mermaid Kalliope
06-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Yay! ^_^ It's good to see other mers swim and manuver in a pool. Haha <3 Cute and hope you got lots of rest! Sounds like you're a busy girl/mer! Enjoyed it quite a lot!

AniaR
07-08-2013, 06:55 AM
#4 Is now Up... Behind the scenes going to the beach and meet and greets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9bjRRivYMk&feature=youtu.be

Ariadne
07-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Love these! The super-edited glamourous mermaid vids are okay, but I really like seeing the real deal...getting ready, interacting with kids, etc. These are perfect! Thank you so much for doing this, watching these has taught me so much about what to expect. xoxo

Mermaid Dottie
07-08-2013, 11:21 AM
So, Apparently I say 'house' and 'out' the way you say 'out'.

Really weird, considering you live clear across the continent from me. 0.o

deepblue
07-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I'll definitely watch it. I just have no idea where you get enough time to do everything you do, Raina. You are one busy mermaid.

AniaR
07-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Sean and I just watched it together for the first time and laughed our way through it. Some day our future children will watch this and say, "what's wrong with our parents?" lol

MerEmma
07-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Watched it all the way through, ahhhh, it's so sweet and funny<3

AniaR
07-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Video #5 is up, we do a cancer fundraiser in a dunk tank, and I do a mermaid swim surprise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C4mrvd3lZc&feature=youtu.be

Mermaid Oshun
07-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Gosh Raina I really loved that video. You were so personable and looked like you were having a lot of fun!

MerEmma
07-21-2013, 08:06 PM
AH! I loved it, too. Very cute, fun, silly. I love how just at ease you are with the kids--I'm so jealous, haha. Even with just my own MerFin I get so awkward around little kids and I'm just not sure what to say. :P

It looks like a blast, and I'm hoping to get to see more! :D

MaskedNightingale
07-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Look forward to more!

AniaR
07-21-2013, 10:22 PM
It's not an official Fishy Summer video, but we did go to some waterfalls today http://youtu.be/_Vg9Mpvrqwg there will be their own video for that

http://youtu.be/_Vg9Mpvrqwg

Mermaid Oshun
07-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Now I have seen all your videos. You guys really look like you are having a lot of fun and are quite dedicated to your mercraft. Kudos to you!

AniaR
09-12-2013, 10:50 PM
A Few more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX7fAoJOV8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Gl2j1RQAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvAU0GDM-lw