PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Minerals vs Micabella

Mermaid Kalliope
06-04-2013, 01:41 AM
So! I looked at Mermaid Minerals online today and saw all of their really awesome products. My only problem would be: how do the colours look in person?

I saw the "lucky penny" colour they have in loose powders and it looked a whole lot darker than the colour it looks in Raina's make-up video. So, I'm worried that I'm going to buy a colour and it will either be lighter than what I need, or just no where near the shade I thought it would be.

Now, Micabella is a product that I know I can go see in person and get pigments from. They are all natural loose mineral make-up. All of their make-up is made from the mica stone, which gives all of their pigments a wonderful shimmer.

Now, as for the rest of the MM (mermaid minerals) products, I will definitely look into buy when I can. I'd rather use all natural than chemicals and other yucky things.

This is mainly a question about pigments.

Any help?

I know that what I'm looking for in make-up colours will be - Reds, yellows, oranges, a blue (not dark) and black.

They seem like a great company, and I'd love to buy from them, but I just don't have the money to be buying pots here and there. (I never return make-up because I'm always under the impression that I can use it for another costume or someone else. Haha )

I had looked into MAC, but... meh, I don't like their powders much.

AniaR
06-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Mermaid Minerals gets darker depending on how much you apply. It's all mineral pigments, so you can achieve a different shade depending on how much you layer and blend. However, if you've been looking at my recent videos and pics, I ran out of lucky penney and have been using a makeup forever stick, so that may be why it seems lighter.

Mermaid Kalliope
06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Oh no! Well, I watched the video where you're doing Ama's make up and it just looked brighter. Their pictures make the powder look dark and dull, which I don't think they are.

Blondie
06-05-2013, 12:49 AM
I have two Micabella eyeshadows. They're really nice! I have a very bright blue one and a nice shimmery pink. They are very pigmented and last a very very long time. But I don't use them really... I don't know. Loose powder isn't my thing. Plus they're just sold in stands in the mall. Most of that stuff I've found to be junk or they lie about it. The make up is pretty good. But it's really expensive for one eyeshadow I think....

Mermaid Kalliope
06-07-2013, 08:14 AM
I have Micabella, too. I have three... no, four colours and LOVE them. I love loose powders over pressed because you get a better colour than pressed. Just my opinion. Haha

Well, I entered the Mermaid of the Month contest with Mermaid Minerals, so... -shrugs- If I win, I'll get to find out! If I don't, then try, try again? :D