PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: New or Used Latex/and or Neoprene Tail

Seven Devils
06-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Alright, I'm getting a little desperate now. Heh.

I leave for South Carolina in 24 days, and I'm wanting to order a new tail before I go. I'm looking for something relatively cheap, say $200 or under. If anyone is selling (or even knows someone who happens to be selling) please get ahold of me. I'd prefer to not bid, either.

Thank you so, so much in advance! xx

:mermaid kiss:

halesloveswhales
06-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Oh boy, that's a mighty large request. Cheap, fast tails are hard to come by. You'd probably be better off making your own tail if you only have 24 days. But good luck finding something!

malinghi
06-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh boy, that's a mighty large request. Cheap, fast tails are hard to come by. You'd probably be better off making your own tail if you only have 24 days. But good luck finding something!

I agree. Making one seems like the cheapest and fastest way to get one. Considering how little time there is, I'd keep it as simple as possible- a finis rapid inside unpainted 1.5 mm neoprene, open at the bottom. Making it more complicated decreases the likelihood it will be ready in time, and you can improve it later by painting, cutting the monofin, closing the bottom of the tail, ect. For the neoprene, I've shopped with Macro international and been satisfied. They have a clearance section with neoprene for less than $30 bucks per sheet (each sheet is around 47" by 85", which is enough for a tail). Just e-mail nelly.chandra@macrointlco.com and ask for a list of what's on clearance. If you don't know which kind to get, I recommend something around 1.5 mm, coated with dynaflex, neospan, or nylon. Don't get uncoated, glide skin, or shark skin.

If you don't know how to make a tail, find a friend who can help. If there's no one you can ask for help from, maybe you could contact a professional seamstress that makes dresses and explain what you want. If they can sew a dress they can sew a tail. You can find a seamstress near you using yelp and looking under "Sewing and Alteration".

Lotus
06-05-2013, 10:27 AM
It's getting hard to find a fabric tail for less than 200. I'd take Malinghi's and Hales' advice. Good luck