PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Dr. Seaweed?

Taylor is a Mermaid
06-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I've searched the forums and found no info. Does anyone know what happened to him? He was doing some really cool things, and then it seems he disappeared from our world. :( Where has he gone?

Mermaid Dottie
06-06-2013, 08:53 PM
I agree. He never gets on his facebook anymore, either... :(
He's famous, and also, somehow, gone.

AniaR
06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
The last I heard from Dr Seaweed was Christmas 2011. We sent him a gift and he came online in January to say thanks, and then he went off the grid. His Husband is a famous Canadian musician (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq5xkkFarA) who was spent the last year on tour, so I am wondering if that's not part of the reason. He's also not very active on FB at all (I have him as a friend and he hasn't posted anything in over a year, though his friend's and family tag him from time to time). He hasn't responded to any emails or anything. I hope he's doing well, but I think he's also one of those people who for whatever personal reasons takes internet breaks from time to time. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up again.

Taylor is a Mermaid
06-06-2013, 09:36 PM
The last I heard from Dr Seaweed was Christmas 2011. We sent him a gift and he came online in January to say thanks, and then he went off the grid. His Husband is a famous Canadian musician (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkq5xkkFarA) who was spent the last year on tour, so I am wondering if that's not part of the reason. He's also not very active on FB at all (I have him as a friend and he hasn't posted anything in over a year, though his friend's and family tag him from time to time). He hasn't responded to any emails or anything. I hope he's doing well, but I think he's also one of those people who for whatever personal reasons takes internet breaks from time to time. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up again.
I can definitely identify with the whole going off the internet grid thing. I hope he does come back though. I had hoped he'd fill a gap in the tailmaking community with his cool freshwater tail ideas. And the finished tail he did make was amazing!