PDA

View Full Version : Youngest Age for Kids Party?

Taniira
06-10-2013, 01:52 PM
What's the youngest you've ever done a party for? My niece is turning 2 in July and I was thinking about offering to do a dry event for her in my spandex tail -- maybe just some photos and read a book -- but I don't know if she's too young. Should I wait another year or two? I'm an only child and haven't really ever been exposed to kids much so I thought this could be a good opportunity for me to get some exposure to them, and for my family to get some free entertainment since they're fairly hard up right now.

AniaR
06-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I've done turning 2, and had guests there that were infants and around 18 months as well :)

Mermaid Caspiana
06-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Few! I thought I Was the only younger mer who wants to start a business! How old are you? Just for soma prison. Cause apparently doing this kin of work, it had to be within child labor laws. Gr. but I don't honk that is too young. :)

Mermaid Caspiana
06-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Not some prison but *comparison* sorry... Auto correct does some weird things sometimes. Lol

Taniira
06-11-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm actually 25 :) I've just really never been around kids much as I never really had the opportunities to -- I never even babysat. I think I'd like to try working with children, but there's a lot to learn and figure out.

Thanks, Raina. I'll make the offer and see if she wants me.

Mermaid Caspiana
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Oh...haha, you made it sound like you were younger, lol. Well, good luck! ;)

Mermaid Harmony
06-23-2013, 03:46 PM
I've done a couple parties for 1 year olds here. But turning 1 is a big deal in Hawaii, because they used to not make it to 1, so now it's a huge party that's thrown, you gear it down song and activity wise, but there will be other children there and you play more towards them (especially if the 1 year old is sleeping). Books, songs, little gifts, photos, just being silly goes pretty far.