PDA

View Full Version : Getting into Modeling? Where do I start?

Seven Devils
06-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Pretty much with the title says, heh. I've been really interested in modeling lately, but I have no idea where to start. In fact, I hardly know anything about modeling - just that I'd really love to get into it. It seems like the first step to toward becoming a professional mermaid.

My only issue is, as you can tell by my profile picture, I'm not exactly what you'd call ~*attractive*~.
I'm 5'8, 196lbs (I've lost almost 50, and counting!), and have quite a few scars.

I also don't own a silicone tail. wnw

But yeah, if anyone has any information on mermaid modeling/professional mermaiding/ect.. please let me know!

Thanks a ton, fellow mers! xx

:mermaid kiss:

Mermaid Varshana
06-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Email me at dakshairanger@aol.com

Tell me what type of modeling you'd like, and I'll tell you how to do it. I'm a freelance model of 5 years, professionally.

Mermaid Varshana
06-12-2013, 08:40 PM
BTW, lots of plus sized freelance models are out there. Lots and lots. The key is to stop thinking of it as unattractive. Big girls get love too!

Seven Devils
06-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Oh wow, really? I'll be sure and email you right away, then. Thank you so much! ♥

Mermaid Varshana
06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
http://m.modelmayhem.com/list/121403

Mermaid Kalliope
06-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Kakarotte- May I e-mail you, too? I am interested in modelling professionally. :-D ^_^

Sea Pearl
06-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Kakarotte, how have you found freelance modeling so far?

I do freelance modeling, mainly because I'm too small to find an agency, mind you I'm still quite new to it but feel free to message me with any questions anyone might have. Though I don't know as much as other people yet I'd be happy to try and help and share my experiences so far.

Mermaid Varshana
06-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Anyone can feel free to message me. I have an account at ModelMayhem.com that has gotten me thousands of dollars worth of jobs over the years. You have to be very very proactive at it, friend request every single photographer in the area that doesn't say they won't pay you, and answer lots of casting calls. You manage yourself. It's basically a one woman business.

Coradion
06-14-2013, 08:04 PM
I've worked some odd jobs as a model, even had a gig with Chanel this year. It depends on the type and your look. If you're okay with doing nothing but going out for casting calls continuously go for it, but there's a point for a lot of people where it doesn't pay off enough. The bigger your portfolio and whichever agency who might pick you up the better your chances are, but modeling isn't usually a profession where you can be a serious one full time just by wanting it. If the industry for your look wants you and you want to put the work into it then go for it, but if your dream is to do runway seasons around the world, then good luck cause you've usually gotta be born with the current look and have aged to it at the appropriate time.

Mermaid Varshana
06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Well, that's agency modeling. I dont think these girls want to do commercial. There's freelancing, which is more suited to artistic, glamour and alternative modeling. I wouldn't call it a career. But it's been there to support me when "real" jobs fall through.

Mermaid Kalliope
06-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Freelance would be nice as a supplemental income, I don't think I can pay my bills food and rent off of it, but I'd also be just as interested in commercial modelling. I haven't done enough to really know what "kind" of modelling I'd be into. :-)

Kakarotte - I'll be sending you a message soon.