PDA

View Full Version : The butt flap problem!

Firemaid
06-14-2013, 02:45 AM
We all hate it!

The problem where the top of the tail flaps open while you swim and shows your butt!

How do you solve this?

What kind of belts, glues, zippers, whatever have worked well for you or other people?

Coradion
06-14-2013, 03:32 AM
My tail is really tight, I have a 34" wetsuit zipper that goes from the ankles to the top. It keeps it tight, just wish I had've added an extra couple inches of neoprene to the waist area.

Firemaid
06-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Has anyone used glue to stick down the tail for a video or photo shoot?
If so what kind?

Mermaid Tula
06-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't know how well it would work, but maybe eyelash glue?

Mermaid Photine
06-14-2013, 12:39 PM
These guys (http://www.fxwarehouse.info/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FW&Category_Code=ALLFSM) have a whole bunch of adhesives. Perhaps one of them would work?

AptaMer
06-14-2013, 01:23 PM
There's this stuff called Bikini Bite ( http://www.bikinibite.com ) that people use to glue their bikinis in place so they don't have a wardrobe malfunction during bikini contests and bodybuilding contests.

Goldie
06-14-2013, 03:20 PM
I put a draw string to make sure I didn’t have that problem. Its on the inside of the waist portion and ties in the front so I can reach down and undo it if I need to.

Ponytales
06-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Perhaps a very wide thick elastic band inside would help. Like the 3" or 4" stuff used to make those elastic waist cincher belts that are in style right now (you could probably even scavenge the elastic from one)

malinghi
06-14-2013, 10:22 PM
My tail is really tight, I have a 34" wetsuit zipper that goes from the ankles to the top. It keeps it tight, just wish I had've added an extra couple inches of neoprene to the waist area.

This seems like a really good way to go. Almost all tails are designed to be pulled on, but for that to be possible the waist has to be able to stretch to fit over the hips. Adding a zipper seems like a great way to make the waist simply narrow enough that that doesn't happen. Although I imagine this would work just as well with a much shorter zipper, like six inches or something. I'm okay with sliding the tail on for most of the way.

Mer_Adella
06-14-2013, 10:45 PM
in my fabric tail i have a larger elastic band that goes around the tail. Unfortunately, my tail is too long so i actually double up the waist to make it lower on my hips. I haven't had a "butt-flap" issue but i assume its because of the elastic.

Firemaid
06-18-2013, 02:59 PM
My tail is 100% silicon, so a zipper or a drawstring is not an option for me.
What I need is a skin to silicon adhesive!
Google here I come!!!

Firemaid
06-18-2013, 03:00 PM
http://www.smooth-on.com/Silicone-Rubber-an/c2_1115_1193/index.html

And there you go! Google you are so smart!

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 02:12 AM
I use elastic too. that way if the fabric stretches I can always fit too. hee more shrimp for me.