PDA

View Full Version : What to say on business cards?

Aziara
06-14-2013, 01:01 PM
So, I'm a bit at a loss... I want to print out a few business cards, but I'm not sure what to say on them. I will be handing them out (hopefully) at my little cousin's 4th birthday party. It will be my first event, so I'm a little nervous, a lot excited, and a bit lost. I was thinking something like 'Mermaid Salina Tideglow, mermaid for hire. Hire a mermaid for your next party or event! (phone #, email)'... I think I'll be doing mostly birthday parties, but I don't want to say 'I only do kid's parties' and lose out on other jobs that may come up.... My dad thinks I should be very specific about what I will do (he seems to think that the only people who would hire me will be a pool full of men with mermaid fetishes....eww. For point of reference, however, my dad has a VERY suspicious mind. He was a cop for 20 years and saw the worst side of humanity.) Is there anything wrong with what I have down currently? Any suggestions or advice?

Mermaidmechanic
06-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Try making a website and/or FAQ page and put the address on your card. Before it write something like "Curious about mermaids and what entertainment we can provide for your party and or event? visit my page!" Then maybe put up some awesome pictures of you interacting with kids (or just being an awesome mermaid), and a list of what services you provide. Then a warning on what kind of things you don't do. What do you think?

Aziara
06-14-2013, 01:42 PM
That sound great, problem is, I don't actually have any pictures yet, as I'm still in the process of making my tail and my cousin's party will be the very first time I use that brand new tail.... FAQ might still be a good idea though.

Mermaid Tula
06-14-2013, 03:18 PM
My business cards are set up like this:

(centered on the card)
Mermaid Tula
Professional Mermaid & Jewelry Designer
Samantha Simons

(set to the right of the card)
My facebook page
My phone numbers
My email

(On the back)
Serving Southeast Idaho

Aziara
06-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Hmm... Can I say 'professional mermaid' if I only have a fabric tail and homemade monofin? I do notice that many of the mers' cards I've seen do say it.

Mermaid Tula
06-14-2013, 05:29 PM
My tail is a fabric tail.

Aziara
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
My tail is a fabric tail.
Ahh. Thanks. Professional mermaid might sound a bit better than 'mermaid for hire'

AniaR
06-14-2013, 06:43 PM
A whole section on this in my book.... hehe ;)

Nashoba
06-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Hmm... Can I say 'professional mermaid' if I only have a fabric tail and homemade monofin? I do notice that many of the mers' cards I've seen do say it.

The word "professional" only means that you get paid to do something.

In my life, I've been a professional clown, professional artist, professional writer and professional side-show performer, professional product reviewer, professional product tester, professional model, marketing professional - lots of different things.

Really, what are the qualifications for being a professional mermaid? It's not like it's a university degree that is offered . . . yet. ;-)

Mermaid Kalliope
06-14-2013, 10:33 PM
I, too, was wondering the same thing as I need to get my cards in order soon.

Just a warning with the phone number... I put my phone number on my crocheting cards and got a lot of people "interested" and they only used the card to get my number and bother me. -.- So, I'm not sure what to do about the pone number.

Having a facebook page is a good start to having a website, but ultimately websites will be better because of how much info you can put on them and how you can lay it out.