PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! Mermaid Fand here aka Maimerd!

maimerd
06-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi all! My name's Ashley, I'm from Connecticut. I've always been deeply into mermaiding and up until now I was never able to afford to make or purchase my own tail. Ariel from Disney's "The Little Mermaid" has always been my favorite mermaid. I've molded myself to be just like her! The one difference is that I play piano, violin and guitar to make up for my lack of vocal skills. I'm currently working with a few friends on making a tail for myself, with swimsuit material, silicone and latex. Almost everything in my house is either mermaids, faeries, cats or horses. I'm a huge My Little Pony fan. I have a sleeve in the works of the current MLP animation by Lauren Faust "My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic", I currently only have part of the upper half of my sleeve almost finished. I will be hopefully finishing it this summer. I also have a tattoo of piano keys running along my left side starting from my armpit going all the way down to my hip. I plan to put my future children's fingerprints on the keys, as if they're playing. Piano has always been a huge part of my life, I've been playing for almost twenty years now (it'll twenty years this December). Piano helps to calm me when I'm stressed.

I'm a professional photographer. So if there's any mermaids out there who want some photos taken, I have the ability to do underwater work! I love photography underwater. It's one of my favorite things to do! Every picture is so unique and full of life. It's literally a whole other world!

My fiancé and I are Druidic. We're to be married on November 8th, 2013 and I couldn't be more excited! I get to marry me best friend and spend the rest of my life with him! We're planning on having three children, we really want two boys and one girl. We have two cats, an orange tabby named Pan Garfield and a black cat named Jace Beleren. Andy is very supportive of me and currently helping me save up for my very first fully silicone tail (hopefully by Merbella's). I hope to be a professional mermaid. My friends and I are currently working on our own personal mermaid business.

I've chosen Fand to be my mermaid name. Fand is an Irish Sea Goddess, turn Queen of the Faeries. Fand's name translates to "Pearl of Beauty" and I feel this name fits me perfectly (minus the beauty part). My very brief mermaid backstory is that I'm water Fae that can, at will, turn into a mermaid.

I'm working on purchasing my very first GoPro Hero3 this July. I'm very excited about having a GoPro! They look like so much fun!

XMermaidMarinaX
06-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey! Welcome to MerNetwork!!
:hug:
Iope you can achieve your dreams! It sounds like you're very determined and thats pretty awesome. The people here are very supportive and so are the posts and stuff if you ever need help.

maimerd
06-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey! Welcome to MerNetwork!!
:hug:
Iope you can achieve your dreams! It sounds like you're very determined and thats pretty awesome. The people here are very supportive and so are the posts and stuff if you ever need help.

Thank you! I'm loving it here already! I finally feel apart of the mermaiding world! :)

Ashe
06-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the community! :)

maimerd
06-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the community! :)

Thanks! :D I'm very happy to be here!

Echidna
06-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Almost everything in my house is either mermaids, faeries, cats or horses....
My fiancé and I are Druidic....My very brief mermaid backstory is that I'm water Fae that can, at will, turn into a mermaid.

This is awesome!
You could say I'm druidic too.
Dabbled a bit with wicca, but I can' get behind the "spells do work"-philosophy entirely;
I've come to the conclusion the entire "circle magic" is practically just meditation and self hypnosis lol.

I love all faery myths and legends, especially those about water faeries.
And...water faery horses. And fae cats! :D

Glad to have you as a member of the community! :)

maimerd
06-15-2013, 02:22 PM
This is awesome!
You could say I'm druidic too.
Dabbled a bit with wicca, but I can' get behind the "spells do work"-philosophy entirely;
I've come to the conclusion the entire "circle magic" is practically just meditation and self hypnosis lol.

I love all faery myths and legends, especially those about water faeries.
And...water faery horses. And fae cats! :D

Glad to have you as a member of the community! :)

Yay! Hi there! I'm so excited! hahaha! I'm a bit different than most typical Pagans. I believe in literally everything. Gods, Goddesses, angels, demons, etc. I believe everything exists if you give it enough of your own power of thought. Most Neo-Pagans, especially the teenage and early adult ones, have Paganism incorrect. They're into this whole way of thinking that you need to be initiated into being a Pagan. I hate that. I just feel like it's another way to exclude people who you don't think are "cool" enough to be in your "super special club". But oh well. I like to believe that people who don't do that are the true Pagans since they accept everyone for who they are.

I actually have daily encounters with faeries! They play tricks on me on a daily basis. My black cat, Jace, is actually a faery cat.

Thanks! :)

Echidna
06-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm a bit different than most typical Pagans. I believe in literally everything. Gods, Goddesses, angels, demons, etc. I believe everything exists if you give it enough of your own power of thought. Most Neo-Pagans, especially the teenage and early adult ones, have Paganism incorrect. They're into this whole way of thinking that you need to be initiated into being a Pagan.

Nah, not different.
That's the true spirit :)
All those rules and stuff (initiation- secret circle club stuff. laughable!) are for established religions, not for people who just acknowledge nature for what it truly is: alive, mysterious, something that should be revered as the source of all our lives, and respected.

I also don't use the word pagan much- isn't that just how the christians dubbed everyone who wasn't in their club?

I'd love to have faery encounters (well, not the kind where you just think you're jinxed lol).
I'm sure they exist(ed), but not on our plane.
Reading all the folklore, it's obvious it wasn't always like this.

I think the world is just too populated now, too loud and polluted, to be a good environment for nature spirits of any kind.

maimerd
06-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Nah, not different.
That's the true spirit :)
All those rules and stuff (initiation- secret circle club stuff. laughable!) are for established religions, not for people who just acknowledge nature for what it truly is: alive, mysterious, something that should be revered as the source of all our lives, and respected.

I also don't use the word pagan much- isn't that just how the christians dubbed everyone who wasn't in their club?

I'd love to have faery encounters (well, not the kind where you just think you're jinxed lol).
I'm sure they exist(ed), but not on our plane.
Reading all the folklore, it's obvious it wasn't always like this.

I think the world is just too populated now, too loud and polluted, to be a good environment for nature spirits of any kind.

It is true that Christians have named anyone who isn't Christian, Pagan.

They still exist. Don't worry. Haha.

I'm also very very in tune with Gaia and Water. I've been working with them a lot. Nature spirits are still here, they go between planes. All in all, we're not in control of Nature and Gaia, Nature and Gaia are in control of us.

MerAndrew
06-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi, nice to meet you so how do you become a Christians.

maimerd
06-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi, nice to meet you so how do you become a Christians.

Hi there!. For Christians, there's a sort of initiation process. You have to have some type of schooling in some cases and then very specific ceremonies to become Christian.

MerAndrew
06-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi there!. For Christians, there's a sort of initiation process. You have to have some type of schooling in some cases and then very specific ceremonies to become Christian.
Well I went to Christian churches and just believe in god. So do you went to Christian churches?

maimerd
06-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Well I went to Christian churches and just believe in god. So do you went to Christian churches?

I did. But I no longer attend Christian mass. I feel very uncomfortable with it, it's not the right path for me. I'm Druidic.

Mermaid Harmony
06-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi, I'm a Christian, and to be a Christian all you have to do is believe in God, and that he sent his son Jesus to die for our sins, if you believe that Jesus paid our debts so we can go to heaven and that's the only way to heaven then you're a Christian. I'd also like to point out that it was back during the high spread of Christianity when it was linked to the Romans/and kingdoms that they said everyone else was Pagans due to wanting to exile/put a bad name on everyone else, and spread their kingdom in the 'name of God'. Although people still do that today they aren't commended by me or many other Christians. The way I was brought up and believe is that God loves everyone and wants you to have a personal relationship with him. I'm unlike the others because I believe in fairies, demons, the turned angels that people worshiped as deities and started other religions (that's a whole bag of worms that is crazy interesting and I love doing research on), and know that things happen that can not be explained. However I've also seen God heal people and miracles happen. www.onelove.org is the church I go to, and they are different, authentic and awesome, they have their sermons online if you want to check it out and learn more. :-)

Seven Devils
06-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the network! :)
It's nice to meet another Pagan mer (assuming you identify under that blanket term, I just assumed since you're Druidic - if not I apologize), I'm Hellenic myself. :p

If you ever need any help or just want to chat, feel free to drop me a message. <3

maimerd
06-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi, I'm a Christian, and to be a Christian all you have to do is believe in God, and that he sent his son Jesus to die for our sins, if you believe that Jesus paid our debts so we can go to heaven and that's the only way to heaven then you're a Christian. I'd also like to point out that it was back during the high spread of Christianity when it was linked to the Romans/and kingdoms that they said everyone else was Pagans due to wanting to exile/put a bad name on everyone else, and spread their kingdom in the 'name of God'. Although people still do that today they aren't commended by me or many other Christians. The way I was brought up and believe is that God loves everyone and wants you to have a personal relationship with him. I'm unlike the others because I believe in fairies, demons, the turned angels that people worshiped as deities and started other religions (that's a whole bag of worms that is crazy interesting and I love doing research on), and know that things happen that can not be explained. However I've also seen God heal people and miracles happen. www.onelove.org (http://www.onelove.org) is the church I go to, and they are different, authentic and awesome, they have their sermons online if you want to check it out and learn more. :-)

Hi there! That's awesome! Glad to meet you! :)

maimerd
06-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the network! :)
It's nice to meet another Pagan mer (assuming you identify under that blanket term, I just assumed since you're Druidic - if not I apologize), I'm Hellenic myself. :p

If you ever need any help or just want to chat, feel free to drop me a message. <3

Hi There! So glad to meet you! I don't mind. I am Pagan, since Druidism is under the Pagan Umbrella.

MerAndrew
06-15-2013, 04:18 PM
I did. But I no longer attend Christian mass. I feel very uncomfortable with it, it's not the right path for me. I'm Druidic.
How come you are Druidic?

Mermaid Harmony
06-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Sorry totally forgot to say that, nice to meet you, and I'm so glad you joined our group! You are going to love it here!

maimerd
06-15-2013, 04:22 PM
How come you are Druidic?

Because Druidism is the correct path for me. I am completely in tune with Gaia, or as she's more commonly knows as Mother Nature, Water spirits, Faeries, Spirits etc.

maimerd
06-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Sorry totally forgot to say that, nice to meet you, and I'm so glad you joined our group! You are going to love it here!

No worries! Thanks! I already do! I'm digging it here! :)

Seven Devils
06-15-2013, 04:37 PM
You're gonna' love it here. :) Do you currently own a tail?
Ooh, I see you've got a tumblr! Your background is gorgeous, omg. *-* Followed! :D (I'm cannibalhusbands, haha)

Mermaid Momo
06-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome! Nice to have another pagan mer! I myself follow a faerie path (there isn't really a name for it) but again,welcome :)also, what's your tumblr? I clicked the icon but I got an error message. My blog is wildechangeling

Echidna
06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm unlike the others because I believe in fairies, demons, the turned angels that people worshiped as deities and started other religions
Early christians all believed more or less in the olden gods and nature spirits.
They just started to call them "demons" instead (which comes from Greek daemon, and means just that- god).

Anyway.
I highly recommend this video for everyone interested in anything religious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBnSrxzHy7E

It's called "Pagan symbolism in all major religions", and if you believe in any of the monotheistic religions, you really should watch it attentively, it may change your life :D
(As someone who has profound knowledge of the sources from which said religions drew their material- Egyptian, Babylonian, and Sumerian myths-, I can confirm that the stuff described in that video is entirely true.
But you can easily find that out for yourself, of course).

maimerd
06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
You're gonna' love it here. :) Do you currently own a tail?
Ooh, I see you've got a tumblr! Your background is gorgeous, omg. *-* Followed! :D (I'm cannibalhusbands, haha)

I have a monofin, and I'm in the process of making a tail with some of my friends. My fiancé is helping me save to get a Merbella's performance tail though! We're hoping to purchase it in December for my birthday! :)

maimerd
06-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome! Nice to have another pagan mer! I myself follow a faerie path (there isn't really a name for it) but again,welcome :)also, what's your tumblr? I clicked the icon but I got an error message. My blog is wildechangeling

Awww darn! I don't know what it's doing that! I'm maimerd on tumblr too! Here ya go! http://maimerd.tumblr.com
I love faeries. They're so pesky though sometimes! I communicate with them on a daily basis. :)

Mermaid Momo
06-15-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm saving up for a merbellas or a mernation tail too! Though I'm most likely won't get it until I get out of college (I'm still in highschool,going into senior year) I'm currently making a sequin and neoprene tail,it's going a bit too slowly for me though but I'm getting there lol

maimerd
06-15-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm saving up for a merbellas or a mernation tail too! Though I'm most likely won't get it until I get out of college (I'm still in highschool,going into senior year) I'm currently making a sequin and neoprene tail,it's going a bit too slowly for me though but I'm getting there lol

Yay merbella's! Oh well that's too bad! Congratulations on being in your senior year! I hope you get into the colleges that you want to go to!
That's awesome about your tail! I'm trying hard to make a tail with a few of my friends. We're going to experiment with silicone and latex! :)

MerAndrew
06-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Because Druidism is the correct path for me. I am completely in tune with Gaia, or as she's more commonly knows as Mother Nature, Water spirits, Faeries, Spirits etc.
Wow cool, so can I be your friend and PM to you? So, how come you as a Druidism is the correct path for you?

maimerd
06-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Wow cool, so can I be your friend and PM to you? So, how come you as a Druidism is the correct path for you?

Because I have a profound connection with it and Gaia aka Mother Nature, Water spirits, Faeries, Spirits in general etc.

MerAndrew
06-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Because I have a profound connection with it and Gaia aka Mother Nature, Water spirits, Faeries, Spirits in general etc.
How do you become a connection to the Nature?

maimerd
06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
How do you become a connection to the Nature?

Everyone has a connection to nature, most people choose to ignore it. To strengthen it you have to meditate. There are lots of books at the ready if you're interested in it, just go to your local book shop and go to the "new age" section. Although it is no way new age. It is one of the oldest religions known to man. The Goddess has been known to man since early man, search "Goddess of Willendorf" if you're interested. I can not talk for all Druids, as each person is there one and single only person. I can only give you answers on my own personal worship and practice, not for everyones. Each person worships and practices in their own way. It is a personal and spiritual journey that you have to experience for yourself.

MerAndrew
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Everyone has a connection to nature, most people choose to ignore it. To strengthen it you have to meditate. There are lots of books at the ready if you're interested in it, just go to your local book shop and go to the "new age" section. Although it is no way new age. It is one of the oldest religions known to man. The Goddess has been known to man since early man, search "Goddess of Willendorf" if you're interested. I can not talk for all Druids, as each person is there one and single only person. I can only give you answers on my own personal worship and practice, not for everyones. Each person worships and practices in their own way. It is a personal and spiritual journey that you have to experience for yourself.
Well I have a connection to nature for most of the time protecting animals and more so the more I practice with it the better than I become to a connection of the nature?

Seyani
06-19-2013, 04:54 AM
Hello there! And I just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding in December in advance, Adorable~
Oh and.. Through all the years, information and the different cultures..I kind of developed my own belief :3

Seyani
06-19-2013, 04:58 AM
It is a personal and spiritual journey that you have to experience for yourself. I completely agree *nodnod*

maimerd
06-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Hello there! And I just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding in December in advance, Adorable~
Oh and.. Through all the years, information and the different cultures..I kind of developed my own belief :3

Awww thank you! It's actually in November, my birthday is in December. We're just celebrating in December because I'm still in school.
Yay! I love it when people do that. I sort of did too, but I feel very connected with the Druidic way of life.

Seyani
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Awww thank you! It's actually in November, my birthday is in December. We're just celebrating in December because I'm still in school.
Yay! I love it when people do that. I sort of did too, but I feel very connected with the Druidic way of life.

Oh hehe x3 My birthday is in November !
Like the nature is connected I think that all beliefs, be it myths or legends, are connected in a way too and have a red thread running through them, they all have something in common :3

Mermaid Varshana
06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
I love all this diversity. I guess I'm pagan too. I think of myself as pantheistic. Everything is part of the divine, made of natural energy differentiated by different "vibrations" (physics), and "magick" is basically tapping into Ultimate Reality with your own energy.

maimerd
06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Oh hehe x3 My birthday is in November !
Like the nature is connected I think that all beliefs, be it myths or legends, are connected in a way too and have a red thread running through them, they all have something in common :3

Well Happy Early Birthday! Yeah, everything is connected. And everyone is correct in their beliefs. :) That's why I don't argue with people about their beliefs, I just sit and listen and ask questions. :)

I love all this diversity. I guess I'm pagan too. I think of myself as pantheistic. Everything is part of the divine, made of natural energy differentiated by different "vibrations" (physics), and "magick" is basically tapping into Ultimate Reality with your own energy.

Well actually, magick, to druids and wiccans and such and especially myself and fiancé personally, are rituals and spells. Magick is literally a way of life for us. It is every word we speak and every thing we do. Tapping into our energy and spirit is meditation. There are certain magical things we do while meditating that allows us to come to a conclusion. Magick differs for each person and everyone gives it a different meaning and definition, but the one I just gave you is the most common.
I never meant for this thread to become such a spiritual/religious/philosophical discussion, but oh well.

Mermaid Varshana
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
I was mentioning what it is for me and me alone. Rituals and meditation is what I sometimes personally do to tap into the universes energy and connect mine to it. On occasion I call it magick.

maimerd
06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
I was mentioning what it is for me and me alone. Rituals and meditation is what I sometimes personally do to tap into the universes energy and connect mine to it. On occasion I call it magick.

Oh ok, I didn't know because you didn't specify.
PS: You are pagan because everyone who isn't Christian, is Pagan.

Mermaid Varshana
06-19-2013, 03:07 PM
It's cool, thanks :3 I'm thrilled that there are so many cool people in this community. I've been in the goth, metal, and anime communities, and this one definitely has the most diverse, unique people in it.

Seyani
06-19-2013, 07:00 PM
It's cool, thanks :3 I'm thrilled that there are so many cool people in this community. I've been in the goth, metal, and anime communities, and this one definitely has the most diverse, unique people in it.

Oooh.. I haven't been here long, but I think I'm starting to agree with you on that one :D~ I like it here, new fascinating people to learn from and they seem to be nice ;D

Mermaid Varshana
06-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Well, it's like this. All the people in those communities tout themselves as being original and unique, but that's bullshit. Everyone looks the same. Here, you have goths, preps, surfers, parents, children, Christians, pagans, atheists, black, white, clownfish, mackerel.

Seyani
06-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, it's like this. All the people in those communities tout themselves as being original and unique, but that's bullshit. Everyone looks the same. Here, you have goths, preps, surfers, parents, children, Christians, pagans, atheists, black, white, clownfish, mackerel.

Well, I wasn't saying that people here were per say original or unique. I was talking about the diversity you have here like you mentioned yourself :3 "Goths, preps, surfers etc" It's like different layers but from the same cookie ;D Each does have a different taste but is part of a whole.

Mermaid Varshana
06-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Oh, I was making a relatively self contained statement. I wasn't arguing with you. I was actually in agreement :3

Seyani
06-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Oh o.o mehwheee sorry and ..
Anywhoooo, nice to meet you! :D